GP2Lap and Laps Info

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
frankwill
GP2 Newbie

GP2Lap and Laps Info

Post by frankwill »

Hi all,

been playing GP2 for quite a long time, i have a question i cannot solve

GP2Lap lets me save the game with extended informations, especially i can import a Save File in F1LapView and see the total time, also mid race, so the informations are there.

I would like to know if possible and how i can export this info from the save file, especially i would need it in text, not sure what else i can use to read the file and find this info inside it, i know there are some very experienced users here that may help i hope :)

Also not sure if HOF2Lap can help here, cannot get it running in DOSBox.

Thanks
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: GP2Lap and Laps Info

Post by RacerBG »

GP2Lap have built in HOF2Lap which you can turn on in the GP2Lap.cfg file. :wink:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

RacerBG wrote:GP2Lap have built in HOF2Lap which you can turn on in the GP2Lap.cfg file. :wink:
Not sure about what you meant about built in HOF2Lap. You can enable "Hof2.5 Features" through GP2Lap.cfg, but it will only make GP2lap check for cheats while you drive and it will mess your saved games unless you use the "Hof2.5 enabled tracks".
frankwill wrote:Hi all,

been playing GP2 for quite a long time, i have a question i cannot solve

GP2Lap lets me save the game with extended informations, especially i can import a Save File in F1LapView and see the total time, also mid race, so the informations are there.

I would like to know if possible and how i can export this info from the save file, especially i would need it in text, not sure what else i can use to read the file and find this info inside it, i know there are some very experienced users here that may help i hope :)

Also not sure if HOF2Lap can help here, cannot get it running in DOSBox.

Thanks
You really need Hof2lap. For using it with DOSBOX you need to install the CWSDPMI package. I don't remember where I've downloaded it, but this package seems to work. Just extract the .exe files from the bin folder into the same folder where your hof2lap.exe is.

Then, if hof2lap is working, you can get all the info you need. Here are some options you may find usefull:

filename means you need to type the name of the file you want to dump or the path to it, relative to hof2lap.exe, like gpsaves/file.raa;
>> file.txt means that hof2lap data won't be displayed in the program window, but will be dumped to a txt file (you can name file.txt whatever you want).

Code: Select all

hof2lap -d filename >> file.txt
This one will create a file with all your laptimes, race positions, fuel remaining, race times and more info.

hof2lap -d -v filename >> file.txt
Same as above, but with more info, like tyre grip.

In gp2lap.cfg you may change these lines:

[Extended Data Logging]
logGLX = 1                   ; save an additional .GLx log file upon saving a game
logCC = 1                    ; log computer cars too; this is only saved in .GLx files!
This is nice because when you save a game, GP2lap will create and additional .glx file (if you save a file named race.raa, there will be also a file named race.gla). Then you can use the above commands on the .glx file and it will display your game data with the ccs included (somehow like a lap chart).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
frankwill
GP2 Newbie

Post by frankwill »

Thanks a lot :)

Whit the file you uploaded i was able to rung HOF2LAP and from there save everything in .txt with all the info about the race, also for the CC cars!!

That is exactly what i needed, it is great to see there is still an active community abou this great game! Thanks again!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yes, GP2Lap + Hof2lap is a killer combo!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!