About carshape and CART mod

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
supermonty
GP2 Newbie

About carshape and CART mod

Post by supermonty »

Hi everybody

First, great congratulations for this site, it's just amazing ! I've reloaded my GP2, sleeping since 10 years !

I've a question : is it possible to use a F1 carshape with a CART carset ? I'm playing now the 1988 season of PPG CART but it could be better to drive 80's styled-cars than F1-1994's body.

Thanks
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: About carshape and CART mod

Post by AD »

It's generally possible to do that. You can open any GP2 carshape in the Carshape editor, then export the shape to the game (via the button with the blue arrow pointing at the GP2 logo).

The textures from the carset will show up on that shape, then - so it's not like, say, GP4, where using a different shape than the one the textures were mapped to doesn't work.

However, most of the carset textures were painted with a certain shape as a reference, so using another shape with different proportions could mean some part of the texture might look distorted, because the surface on which it's displayed is, say, bigger or smaller than the one the painter used as a reference. So if you'd, say, use a touring car shape on an Indycar carset, you'd get some bizarre results. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..