GP2 Video Footage Project

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: GP2 Video Footage Project

Post by roland ratzenberger »

ismael wrote:
08.10.2017, 08:47
ismael wrote:
08.10.2017, 08:40
roland ratzenberger wrote:
07.10.2017, 23:22
the frame rate which works best with me is 19.6.. howewer i think that you should give some attention in removing or altering some grapphic details
Roland, I'm asking you a favor. When you play with your ideal 19.6 frame rate, what's he difference between the game's clock and reality? I mean, when you do a lap in Estoril in 1m20s (something), if you put a real chronometer (like of a smartphone) next to you, how much real time would be the lap?
hello ismael.. quick answer eventually,, i have to open the computer to send some e-mails and as a result i have done the test.. the results are interesting.. using dosbox with no changes in the dos box files with 19.6 frame rate and with all graphis enabled i was 4 seconds faster than real life chronometer.. the interesting is , that when i go up to 21.3 the game difference fall to barely one second.. still the computer faster.... however in my laptops in which i have changes some of the dosbox configuration the frame rate i use is 15 and the game chronometer seems to go fine with no lags,,, So yes , the emulators and the capabilities of each computer have a great influence in this aspect of the game. To my mind this is something that we have to live with it... in my previous old , dead now pc .. i have windows xp and windows 95,,dual boot. and i had to say that i have not seen so much difference,, in addition , my brother also has passed windows 95 in his old laptop , which was stronger than my old pc and surprsiingly,, there was huge difference with the same frame rate ( i remember using 19.6 again) and with the same graphics activated..

IN ANY CASE.. give it a go also and let me know the result if you want . this problem is not so big , to my mind of course . Even the new f1 2017 has the same problem.. one friend of mine have it in his pc and in some corners such those in monaco sometimes the game lags and goes slower, and i dont think that this is a matter of hardare due to the fact that his pc is quite strong.
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Hi Roland, thanks for the insight! Yeah, got to live with it, anyway Alonso is in a worse position :D This is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xyiL1exnjM

A 1:15 lap in a video of 1:02.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

holy shit.. this is the first time i saw so much difference in a lap. from my experience , todays computers can ran the game with almost all graphics with a framerate bewteen 19.6 and 23. with minor difference bewteen the real clock and the game clock