Wet Track Mod - how to work?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Tiki1810
GP2 Newbie

Wet Track Mod - how to work?

Post by Tiki1810 »

Hello There,

no i am playing the 1989 season, joining the lotus judd team as teammate of piquet :)

i reached the final and i'd like to make it as real as possible, so i need a wet race.
in section editors i found the "GPWet32" Editor, but it doesnt work. (think its my fault, because i don't know how to install that it works.

can somebody explain it to me step by step and for guys like me, who doesn't are perfect in english language?
i tried the readme, but i think i do something wrong, cause it doesn't work..

best regards from dortmund germany

Roman
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Wet Track Mod - how to work?

Post by rremedio »

What's your Windows version? GP2Wet won't properly work on my Win7 64bits system.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Tiki1810
GP2 Newbie

Post by Tiki1810 »

i have windows XP service pack 3.

work with vdm sound etc.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Did you install it correctly? Extract all the files to some folder, run install.exe and point it to your GP2.exe.

Did you configure it correctly? Go to your GP2 folder and run GP2WET32. The first time you run it, it will ask for configuration. If it's not the first time, simply go to Options - Configuration. To check how to configure it properly, just check the read me.txt (the "GP2 Button" will probably be your GP2 VDMS shortcut...but if it doesn't work, you don't need to start GP2 from inside the program, just run GP2 the way your are used to).

Did you export the data? To export the data and patch your game with the wet conditions go to Export and chose the conditions you want. It will problaby patch you gp2.exe and all tracks in you circtuit folder, so use it with caution and backup everything.

My english is also bad. Maybe AAS or someone else from our german squad may post you some tips in german or in better english.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Tiki1810 wrote:no i am playing the 1989 season, joining the lotus judd team as teammate of piquet :)
not a bad season 8)
rremedio wrote:My english is also bad.
not bad at all - based on writings, couldn't tell if you'd be from Great Britain or not :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:
Tiki1810 wrote:no i am playing the 1989 season, joining the lotus judd team as teammate of piquet :)
not a bad season 8)
not bad at all - based on writings, couldn't tell if you'd be from Great Britain or not :D
hahahhahaha

Maybe becouse English is not your home language too.
Early 90s F1 forever!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

rremedio wrote:
Peze wrote:
not a bad season 8)
hahahhahaha

Maybe becouse English is not your home language too.
Doesn't matter for me. When Im writing something I can have many errors but who cares? We are international forum and if we can understand each other everything is okay.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yes, but Tiki1810 said maybe he can't...
Early 90s F1 forever!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Actually, the whole how-to for getting D-Fend, DosBox and GP2 to work together is available in German as well, so if English is difficult, that alternative is available, too, right here.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..