GP2 1991 MOD 1.0 Version

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ngendro
GP2 Newbie

GP2 1991 MOD 1.0 Version

Post by ngendro »

Hey my GP2 friends. Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy these days and had almost no time for GP2.

Here is it, I bring to you the 1.0 version of the 1991 MOD.

What's new?

- Improved and adjusted opponent difficulty track by track: On the first "beta" version the opponents on some tracks were unbeatable and on other were too easy to beat. Now, after hours of editing and testing I corrected this issue track by track resulting in a real accurate opponent difficulty.
- Hockenheim and Estoril modified tracks had to be replaced for the original GP2 layouts due to bad AI: It was impossible to have an accurate opponent challenge. For example, I tried different old Hockenheim layouts, but they all have AI problems on the second chicane making the opponents too easy to beat. Same problem with old Estoril. I couldn't solve these problems even using Magic Data Editor and Track Editor, so I choosed to restore the original tracks. Problem solved.
- Improved keyboard handling: On previous version I deactivated the "opposite lock" help just for fun and accidentally forgot to restore it (oops haha). Now it's restored!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zndqm939n2a8319

If you don't want to install this MOD on your C:\ root directory (which is desinged for), you must use Roberto's patch:
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?14w45v4juovb7rw

Follow his instructions:

You must install the mod in any folder, then put updatesystem.exe on your xx\GP21991 folder (always that folder...the same folder as GP2 1991 MOD.exe) and run it. It should update all the files with the correct paths.
Don't forget to change destination path in the DOSBox shortcut, otherwise GP2 won't start.

If you're gonna install GP2 1991 MOD in the C:\ directory (which I recommend), then you don't need this patch.

Read the installation instructions carefully.

I guess it's all for now.
I hope you enjoy this mod!
Happy racing!

Alexis
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: GP2 1991 MOD 1.0 Version

Post by rremedio »

Downloading \:D/
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Ok, I've found some free time to test the pack. Everything works nicely as with the previous release.

The only error I've found is that Portugal is spelled Portual on the track selection menu.

It's a great work, congratulation!!

I've driven a 30% non championship race at Interlagos. With default setup I was too slow. After changing some gears and wings to match the other Cosworth top speed (I've chosen Piquet's Benetton) my times improved and I was 7th in qualy (still, 7 tenths behind Schumi who was 5th). Race was to be much easier...but I didn't finish it. If I had finished, I was to be 2nd or 3rd. When I given up I was 3rd with 2 seconds ahead of Senna who was turning the same laptimes than me in most laps. Berger, the leader, was 2 or 3 tenths faster than us per lap.

It was very fun, thank you! =D>
Early 90s F1 forever!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Downloading. 8) Good to see you again on work, I like this idea so Im very happy to see it progressing. :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Great mod got better =D> Good to have balanced difficulty with different tracks.
rremedio wrote: The only error I've found is that Portugal is spelled Portual on the track selection menu.
Isn't it because it spelled like that in original Estoril track?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:Great mod got better =D> Good to have balanced difficulty with different tracks.
rremedio wrote: The only error I've found is that Portugal is spelled Portual on the track selection menu.
Isn't it because it spelled like that in original Estoril track?
I don't know...In fact, I don't remember driving the original track :lol:
Early 90s F1 forever!
ngendro
GP2 Newbie

Post by ngendro »

Thank you for your feedback guys, I'm glad you liked it, that's the best reward.
It took me so many hours to make this mod, I wish I could have more time. Anyway, I hope we can make more modes of different seasons. The last thing I red is that Roberto is working on a full seasons project so let's see how we can work toghether.