Finding a Work around for Windows 7 64-bit (gp2edit)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Sitorimon
GP2 Newbie

Finding a Work around for Windows 7 64-bit (gp2edit)

Post by Sitorimon »

Hi guys,

As an avid GP2 fan it has been killing me to not be able to play GP2 since I've had Windows 7 64bit. I had plans to upload an entire 100% season on YT with commentaries etc. The main drama being of course that GP2Edit doesn't appear to work at all.

Would a very long winded work around be hauling out my parents very old Windows XP machine and using GP2Edit to export each season to GP2 and then saving that as a whole program - transferring it over to my windows 7 PC and then using dosbox to run each individual gp2 for each season?

Sorry if this is a daft question - I'm new to dosbox etc :) I just want to play my favourite game again!

Si
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Finding a Work around for Windows 7 64-bit (gp2edit)

Post by rremedio »

Yes, it would work.

Also, you can copy GP2Edit files from your XP intallation to Win7 and GP2Edit will work (without correct file associations, but it will work). You can't install it becouse the installer won't work on Win7 64bit, but GP2Edit works (I use it myself).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

If Im correct you should have Program Files 32 or something like this where you are putting your 32 bit programs. GP2EDIT will work thats sure. :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

RacerBG wrote:If Im correct you should have Program Files 32 or something like this where you are putting your 32 bit programs. GP2EDIT will work thats sure. :)
Program Files (x86). But it's just a default folder, there's no need to put any program there.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Sitorimon
GP2 Newbie

Post by Sitorimon »

Thank you so much rremedio that worked perfectly! I'll be looking at screen capturing and running AI champs in the verrrry near future now :D
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

rremedio wrote: Also, you can copy GP2Edit files from your XP intallation to Win7 and GP2Edit will work (without correct file associations, but it will work). You can't install it becouse the installer won't work on Win7 64bit, but GP2Edit works (I use it myself).
GP2Edit files from a XP intallation are now available on the GP2edit site.
http://grandprix2.de/Util/gp2edit/gp2edit.html
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Good idea! :yes:
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Sitorimon wrote:Thank you so much rremedio that worked perfectly! I'll be looking at screen capturing and running AI champs in the verrrry near future now :D
I would love to co-commentate with you if you're up for it.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!