"Milwaukee Mile" by Sergio Leonardi

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

"Milwaukee Mile" by Sergio Leonardi

Post by ecodrive »

Does anybody have the "Milwaukee Mile" circuit from Sergio Leonardi?

I think it was a 1998 version but I can't find any possibility to download it. Until 2008 it was downloadable at gprix2.com. The circuit has a "McDonald's" advert at the outer line in the first or second corner. Do you remember that track?

I would be very lucky if anybody can upload the zip file here or maybe Andreas can upload it to the "Tracks / USA" section.
Last edited by ecodrive on 23.07.2012, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: "Milwaukee Mile" by Sergio Leonardo

Post by rremedio »

I've tried the Internet Archive but the file was not available. I'll check with two friends later, they might have the file. Any reason for this? Leonardi's tracks were soooo crappy :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Re: "Milwaukee Mile" by Sergio Leonardi

Post by ecodrive »

Does Leonardi's version contain the McDonald's adverts in one corner or am I wrong?

Yes, it is true. The JAM files are not much detailed BUT.....

The computer controlled cars often spin out in the second corner and come to stay ON the cc-line afterwards. This causes the next spin of one or two following drivers while they are trying to avoid a collision. And then they have no time to rejoin in the right way because of too much traffic. As you can imagine the number of "mobile chicanes" increases and decreases from lap to lap.

I love the challenge to turn around the mayhem without crashing into the struggled cars!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

The you go http://www.mediafire.com/?2xdidw7193u67hd

Enjoy your ccs mayhem goodness only provided by Sergio Leonardi's tracks :mrgreen:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Post by ecodrive »

Thank you very much for your upload of the trashy Milwaukee Mile!

Would you like to see a few impressions of what will happen on EVERY race at this Milwaukee oval?

Look at my Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/asbecker/videos
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Oh, this kind of mayhem could happen with Papyrus' old IndyCar and NASCAR titles, too. You just needed a car or two that crashed into the outside wall hard enough to be damaged so that the suspension collapsed or the engine died. I have enough memories of coming out of Turn 1 / 2 at Michigan Superspeedway, only to face a growing, twitching mess of cars every further lap. :D
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..