AI problems in original gp2 montreal

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

AI problems in original gp2 montreal

Post by ooleeeo »

I was playing at montreal with martin ursua's 1995 carset and most of them behave weirdly on track,like having huge spins and crashing at strange moments,in the end only 1 car managed to finish-frentzen.
The same occurs when i use the track in slots other than slot 6 where i was using it.

Is there a solution to this problem?
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Re: AI problems in original gp2 montreal

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Maybe a wrong AI-Line? I'm not into track-editing so I can't say the problem, sorry..
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Some tracks appear not to work properly when used in a track slot that's not the one they were intended for. It could be interesting to look at how and where they are crashing. If it's entering the pits or trying to get thorugh the corner before pit lane entry, you may want to look at this discussion, which covers a bit of the problems that can be worked around if you're comfortable using the track editor.

Otherwise, the workaround continues to be to just use the track in the slots where you're aware they're working correctly. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've tried the original Montreal at slot 6 with Martin Ursua's 1995 carset and there was nothing wrong at all. Any chances of some accidental editing on the track file with the Track Editor?
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

I now understand the problem.
When I export light humid session with original montreal in slot 6 using gp2wet.exe,ai behaves weirdly and hardly anyone finishes the race.