Mid.exe missing from GP2Wet

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Mid.exe missing from GP2Wet

Post by asusacer »

Hello,

By running gp2wet.exe I found that the dry setup and the wet setup working perfectly. However, the mid (intermediate) setup appears to be missing. This is because the mid.exe does not appear anywhere when I downloaded it. The midj folder is there, but I can't find the mid.exe file anywhere. (Much like the wet.exe and the back_up.exe files for the wet and dry setup too.)

If I am missing something, can you give me the download link to download the said mid.exe file?

Thanks once again
~Your Idiot of the Day :oops:
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Re: Mid.exe missing from GP2Wet

Post by ooleeeo »

+1.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

According to the readme file for GP2Wet32, there shouldn't be a separate .exe file for mid. In fact, it states explicitly that you should select wet.exe for the humid scenario, as well:
the configuration dialog
------------------------

first time you run gp2wet32 it requests to you to configure some fields.
the wet sound mid sound and dry sound fields are used to fetch the gp2edit patches (*.exe) that will install sound pack for specific weather conditions. if you don't have your custom packs select the default installed with gp2wet32:

wet sound: ...\sound\wet.exe (... is the path to your gp2 dir.)
mid sound: ...\sound\wet.exe (yes the same)
dry sound: ...\sound\back_up.exe (this will reset all sound modified by the other 2 patches. NOTE: sounds of this patch (only sound 8:) is taken from the original gp2 sample.cat.

the gp2Button is used to locate the exe to run when you want to play the game, for example gp2.exe but also gp2lap.exe!
If you haven't done this the first time you ran the program, you can always access the dialog via Options > Configuration in the menu bar to change it.

Hope you guys can get this to work, too, because it is a great tool.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

I don't have the GP2wet version you mentioned, but I have the original. It seems to be working. Thanks!
~Your Idiot of the Day :oops: