Why I jump on the tarmac?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Mad_Troyden
GP2 Starter

Why I jump on the tarmac?

Post by Mad_Troyden »

Ok, after some testing in Yas Marina, it's time to report some problems.
Btw, great update Andreas und Tim. =D> And in GP2 tracks I can always find what to fix. :wink: In other topic.
Butta...there was strange thing -- when I couldn't fit into white lines my car always was starting jump although there was a tarmac.(I checked it in the TE)
I report it because that's not the first time when I see it.
All you know th newest version of Spa.The verge tarmac was brilliant for driving.
But when I changed gravel to tarmac in the corner after Pouhon I had feeling that i'm driving on the grass-that wasn't simply bumps I sure.
And now there is the same in Yas Marina.That's why I ask: maybe some "secret" command to define verge exist? :-k
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: Why I jump on the tarmac?

Post by Peze »

I think road texture's id needs to be same that what it is used originally. Don't know if the file location (root of gamejams / circuit's jam folder) has an effect.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Peze wrote:I think road texture's id needs to be same that what it is used originally. Don't know if the file location (root of gamejams / circuit's jam folder) has an effect.
It doesn't.

You can put any texture id on the tarmac. But on the road sides, if you want "non jumping" tarmac, you must use the default tarmac texture id (33).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

rremedio wrote:
Peze wrote:I think road texture's id needs to be same that what it is used originally. Don't know if the file location (root of gamejams / circuit's jam folder) has an effect.
It doesn't.

You can put any texture id on the tarmac. But on the road sides, if you want "non jumping" tarmac, you must use the default tarmac texture id (33).
That's what I meant (need checking sentences before hitting submit :mrgreen: )