GP2 does not work!

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

GP2 does not work!

Post by asusacer »

Hello to everyone on the forum!

I have just recently downloaded GP2 off the internet. I have converted the GP2.exe file onto gp2edit and works fine. I can edit whatever I want on there.

However, I have two problems:

1. When using Dosbox, every time I keep mounting where the game is located it says the directory doesn't exist.

2. When trying to load gp2.exe directly by clicking on it, it says "this system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose 'close' to terminate the application."

How do I figure out these problems?

Thanks if you send anything, I'll check every day

P.S. I'm using Windows Vista #-o
~Your Idiot of the Day :oops:
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Re: GP2 does not work!

Post by asusacer »

EDIT

I now have GP2 working. I mounted the wrong drive :lol:

Now GP2Lap does not work. It has the logo on the top right on the main menu screen but it did not work when I did a quickrace to check if it worked. Also, for some reason I installed a 1999 mod - and in Malaysia, there was a couple of corners that were out of whack - the sandtrap was everywhere for a couple of corners! And it seemed to be there every lap...

All help is appreciated. Thanks!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Well if you are using version 0.74 Vista and 7 are not problems. :lol:

About your current problem well this for sure is your mistake, look at youtube what they do and mount correct your directory. Remember no long names :!:

And by the way under Vista and 7 you cant run the game directly - DOS games are not supported there. :wink:
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Remember no long names :!:
And no spaces between folder or file names! And if you're folder got more than 8 letters add "~1" (without ")!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

asusacer wrote:EDIT

I now have GP2 working. I mounted the wrong drive :lol:

Now GP2Lap does not work. It has the logo on the top right on the main menu screen but it did not work when I did a quickrace to check if it worked. Also, for some reason I installed a 1999 mod - and in Malaysia, there was a couple of corners that were out of whack - the sandtrap was everywhere for a couple of corners! And it seemed to be there every lap...

All help is appreciated. Thanks!
Check all files to be in the GP2 folder, but if the logo is here, GP2Lap should working correct. :roll:
Well better install carsets and tracks one by one installing mods is....not good because of this errors. :)
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

OK, everything works now, GP2Lap is functional, just one problem - I can't leave the pits! I keep revving my engine but I keep getting stuck in neutral. I know this is all embarrassing to me :oops:
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

asusacer wrote:OK, everything works now, GP2Lap is functional, just one problem - I can't leave the pits! I keep revving my engine but I keep getting stuck in neutral. I know this is all embarrassing to me :oops:
Well, check the auto brake turn it off when you are in the pits, or turn the gears to automatic. Let the computer helps you when you need it. :wink:
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

Where can you change the controls to the game? (I'm using a keyboard, and I have the programming skills of a mouse :oops: )
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

asusacer wrote:Where can you change the controls to the game? (I'm using a keyboard, and I have the programming skills of a mouse :oops: )
Go to the Main Menu and then on Controls or something like that and then you can change it.
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

It worked! Thanks! \:D/
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

Everything is successful, though I've gotten into another bug. (Yes, I'm that bad, and I'm truly sorry if I'm annoying the hell out of everyone here)

The first photo is at the Buddh Circuit in India, and although it is greyscale, I do not mind, but the main problem is the car itself:

I thought it was a bug with a mod-track, so I tried the Monaco Circuit, and this showed:

Not only was there a ghost car, Mika Hakkinen's wheels were missing as well as his helmet.

This is all strange, and I apologize in advance if I'm driving you all crazy :oops:

(Yes I converted the JAD files but was I supposed to put them into the "pista" folders in the gamejams folder? For example, if I put a custom track in the second slot, I'd put the new JAD files in pista2)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

What pista :?: What pista2 :?:

Man all you need to do when you install a new tracks is simply to replace one .dat file in CIRCUITS directory and copy/paste the "mytrack" folder in GAMEJAMS.

You dont need to create new folders. :lol:
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

Look in the gamejams folder :roll:

The cars problem has been fixed, all the cars function now, and I'll try again at the new tracks.

Oh, and GP2Lap doesn't load, it gives me no message at all. ](*,) It's no biggie though.
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

Hello...
Could you help me please?
I'm a new user of dos-Box and D-Fend, and i had configured all settings as Help Page from AAS site, but the game is terrify slow.... I proved several configurations of CPU and Memory in D-Fend and the turtle game continues at the same speed.
How can i upgrade the power of dos-box or D-fend?

Thanks to everyone.
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

What operative system you have? How much memory? DosBox makes the game slow for low or medium end computers.

If you have Windows XP installed you have a fair chance to run the game without problems. Another story is you have Win7.