GP2 Lap not working

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jeremymcclean
GP2 Newbie

GP2 Lap not working

Post by jeremymcclean »

I follow the usual direction, that being "Mount f (the drive that has GP2) "F:\other random stuff\GP2" (that being where my file of GP2 is

then "F:"

then "gp2lap.exe"

It gives me the following message

""
GP2Lap v1.15 (Aug 14 2001)
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Frank Ahnert, René Smit
You may not redistribute this program; see gp2lap.txt for details.
Please report problems to <gp2lap@gmx.net>, and visit http://gp2lap.tsx.org

- Configuration read from: F:\gp2lap.cfg
- Logging debug output to: gp2lap.log
Loading gp2.exe...
*** error loading gp2.exe: No such file or directory

""

That's about it. Please explain what is going on, I've been stuck on this for a week. Keep in mind I have the programming skills of a mouse :?
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: GP2 Lap not working

Post by AD »

Welcome aboard, first of all.

The two nearest possibilities I could think of would be that the .exe is not named gp2.exe correctly (if it's got any other name, gp2lap will abort with just that error message) - or the file might be corrupted for some reason.

Doest the game launch correctly if you run gp2.exe itself, without trying gp2lap?
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
jeremymcclean
GP2 Newbie

Post by jeremymcclean »

GP2 runs fine without gp2lap.

What do you mean by "the .exe is not named gp2.exe correctly?"
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I think his problem is that he havent placed the GP2LAP files into the driectory of GP2. They seems to be in other fdolder than GP2. :wink:

So your solution :arrow: Install GP2Lap or copy it to the GP2 root/main directory. 8)
jeremymcclean
GP2 Newbie

Post by jeremymcclean »

This board is so fucking tedious! Why do I have to wait an eon just to post one fucking time??? WHYYY
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

1. thanks for the nice words
2. sorry for the delay
3. Now, after your third post, you have a full account.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

jeremymcclean wrote:What do you mean by "the .exe is not named gp2.exe correctly?"
Just to clarify this, if the game's .exe file would, for whatever reason, have any other name than gp2.exe, this error would come up.

RacerBG has mentioned another possibility for the error that I didn't think of when I responded - you need to have gp2lap.exe in the same directory where gp2.exe is located, otherwise, you also get the error message you mentioned.

I'd discount the third possibility, that gp2.exe itself doesn't work for some reason, as you're saying the game runs fine on its own.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
asusacer
GP2 Newbie

Post by asusacer »

Found this board because I didn't feel like posting on my other one, which has became the official "yo, I can't work this" board. :oops:

The problem is simple enough - I can't seem to work gp2lap. When I load it through DOSbox, it gives me a blank message.

Don't look at me, I'm just a doofus! :oops: :oops: ](*,)

Oh, and good job Jeremy. [-X
~Your Idiot of the Day :oops: