Working in Windows 7

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Working in Windows 7

Post by RacerBG »

tecnorge3 wrote:
DEHUMANIZER95 wrote:
tecnorge3 wrote:Gp2Lap is not running on my Win 7 PC. :? :-k
have you tried it with DOSBox? And if that don't even work, do you have a Windows XP CD? If so you can install Virtual PC and run GP2 from there
It actually runs perfect with DOSBox, but not without it.
Without it - its not possible (and VDMSound its not working in Win7) :-$
lukegp20880
GP2 Newbie

Post by lukegp20880 »

In case you still have doubts in installing GP2 on Dosbox (the only possible way if you are on Windows 7 running), i made a video explaining how to install it from a CD Rom (you must have a GP2 CD Rom in order to work :D ). Although the audio parts are in another language, you guys may understand 'cause there're subtitles in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEG9JXB8M7o
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

RacerBG wrote:
Michael82 wrote:Thank you RacerBG!! I will try this on my pc tomorrow
By the way do you want to participate in my AI league :?: Only choose a driver thats all. :)
Ok! I am agree to participate ;) My name is James Patagueule

So, Do you think that is possible to make a multiplayers championship with the multiplayer option in GP2? Each drivers does some laps (2 or 3 for example) and send to the next driver that GP2 reports. It was just an idea.. ;)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Michael82 wrote:
RacerBG wrote:
Michael82 wrote:Thank you RacerBG!! I will try this on my pc tomorrow
By the way do you want to participate in my AI league :?: Only choose a driver thats all. :)
Ok! I am agree to participate ;) My name is James Patagueule

So, Do you think that is possible to make a multiplayers championship with the multiplayer option in GP2? Each drivers does some laps (2 or 3 for example) and send to the next driver that GP2 reports. It was just an idea.. ;)
Name its not needed just choose a driver (for example D. Petrov), my league is a little bit different mate. :wink:

And what about the sounds :?:
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

tecnorge3 wrote:
DEHUMANIZER95 wrote:
tecnorge3 wrote:Gp2Lap is not running on my Win 7 PC. :? :-k
have you tried it with DOSBox? And if that don't even work, do you have a Windows XP CD? If so you can install Virtual PC and run GP2 from there
It actually runs perfect with DOSBox, but not without it.
Well, Gp2lap.exe is a DOS-runable file, and Windows 7 doesn't support that really more, so you do just everything correct when you start it with DOSBox :D
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

I think Dosbox isn't the solution for Grandprix2. you can play but it is not the real time of the game. The clock timer is too fast for me or too slow but never like in a old pc under win 9x. I found no perfect solution for this game on the new computer. Just a old computer..
rjbetty
GP2 Newbie

Post by rjbetty »

Hello. Can anyone help me with GP2Edit?

I installed it on an older PC at an internet café, saved it on a memory stick and brought it back home. Initially it worked fine and imported the initial data from GP2, but now it won't import or export anything.

Any time I try, the progress bar comes up but simply fades away before finishing, and nothing is imported or exported and there is no message to say the process is complete. It's strange because it imported from the game the first time I used it.

Does anyone know what's happening pls...?

RJ

UPDATE: Solved the problem: Somehow there was another GP2 folder in my GP2 folder with a copy of the game in it. GP2Edit was directed towards that one. When I redirected it to the GP2.EXE I was using, the importing and exporting worked.