Carset Problem

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rip21
GP2 Newbie

Carset Problem

Post by Rip21 »

Hi, I have a problem whit the carsets. Everytime I open a carset the layout of the cars is the same, just change the colours, the helmets, the performances but the cars are the same. I installed the maximum version of GP2 but the problem still remain. Can someones help me? Sorry for my english.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Carset Problem

Post by MaxX »

Have you set the path to your installation of GP2 correctly? This might be the cause
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Sometimes Gp2edit makes trouble when you try to open a carset in folders with long names.
Copy the carset to C:\ and try it again.
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

I think he meant the shape of the cars, if I didn´t get it wrong.

The solution should be the carshape editor and you can find it here: http://grandprix2.de/Util/careditor098_2.zip
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's worth pointing out, I think, also, that the model to display the cars in GP2Edit is always the standard one, regardless of what the shape the game currently uses might look like. So if the shape in the editor is always the same, that's the old-fashioned feature instead of a bug. :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

AD wrote:It's worth pointing out, I think, also, that the model to display the cars in GP2Edit is always the standard one, regardless of what the shape the game currently uses might look like. So if the shape in the editor is always the same, that's the old-fashioned feature instead of a bug. :wink:
Yes thats right man this is the true. :wink: GP2Ed is programmed with that and even if you have a different shape in gp2ed it will be the original one displayed. :)