Shaky car?

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Olly
GP2 Newbie

Shaky car?

Post by Olly »

I've noticed on some circuits I've downloaded the car shakes about a lot, particularly on long straights, sometimes to the extent of actually throwing the car into a spin and into the wall (particularly Monza on the long straight before the last corner, and the run up to the first chicane) where you're already driving on the apex right by the grass verge. Is there anything I can do about this, as whenever I watch the computer cars drive their straights are always very fluid without any of this shaking?
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Shaky car?

Post by AD »

First of all, welcome on board!

The first thing that came to my mind when I read your description was, are you absoluely sure you are driving on the track with all four wheels? It would be very easy to experience just this effect by accidentally putting two wheels of the car past the white line.

If it's not something rather basic like that, it could really help us figure out what's going on if you could point out one specific track where you're having this issue. There are just about fifteen different versions of Monza in the download area at grandprix2.de. I assume you downloaded one of these, if so, which one?

What else I could imagine as the cause for this is that a track maker tried to get a track surface with a lot of bumps, which Monza apparently had, for example on the main straight, if you take a look at old cockpit footage from "real racing". This would affect the player car harshly, as the computer-controlled cars, apparently, have simplified effects, they can take bumps very easily without losing control or speed.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Olly
GP2 Newbie

Post by Olly »

Hello, yes, opening the track in TrackEditor it's the 2008 track by Antonio Pessoa for Monza. I'm 100% sure I'm within the bounds of the track, I'll try shooting a video shortly to show the problem, but I read in another thread that it could be something to do with "bump tables"
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Antonio Pessoa's 2008 Laguna Seca Circuit is just the same. There are a lot of these bumps. In addition there are some banked corners. There appears the same effect: while the cc's drive through the corner in a normal way, the player drives it banked. These bumps make it really hard to drive sometimes, I don't really understand what's the sense of them. And I also don't know how they are built with the track editor.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

The bumps make the human player's driving more realistic but the problem is that they don't affect the cc cars at all. I think even smaller bumps affect the plank wear although you cannot feel any shaking. By the way the bumps can be changed at Track Config - Various Data Blocks.
Olly
GP2 Newbie

Post by Olly »

Life Racing Engines wrote:The bumps make the human player's driving more realistic but the problem is that they don't affect the cc cars at all. I think even smaller bumps affect the plank wear although you cannot feel any shaking. By the way the bumps can be changed at Track Config - Various Data Blocks.
Thankyou :D

I shall give it a go and report back!
Olly
GP2 Newbie

Post by Olly »

Changed all bump table datas to '0', but it's still doing it
Olly
GP2 Newbie

Post by Olly »

Arg, please does anyone have any solution or tips for this? The game is unplayable because of it