GP2 better than GP3 or GP4

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Re: GP2 better than GP3 or GP4

Post by Michael82 »

Totally agree with you! It should also be able to edit the behavior of CC Car. As paradoxical as it may be, the driving is so close to reality. If you watch a onboard video you can realized. The lifespan of this game is amazing. I also try to install gp3 and gp4, but I never liked gp3 and gp4 is far too greedy for a too classical rendering. It's magic to create cars and tracks so easily with this game I think it's not over and if one day Crammond delivers its source code there will be things to do ..
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

well i have all the four games...and i used to think that i was stupid that i like most gp1 and gp2 .. this desciption with the sex is excellent i can not stop laughing...now i am very happy that i see many people aggre with my way of thinking ..the advantages are many not only the game can run in older machines.. but the editing is easy and not to heavy .. in gp4 and gp3 the mods make the game run very slow etc. but in this point i think that we have to say a big thank you to the makers of this gp2 community .. think of that .. everything we want for our game we can find it easily on the contrary you must search very long to find what you want ](*,) in gp3 and gp4. and also we can exchange opinions we can talk with each other .. it is very good to see that videogame can sometimes make people come closer .... as a conclusion i could say what we say in greece ( o neos einai oraios alla eytixos o palios einai allios) =the new is good but sometimes the older is better :lol: to describe what i feel for gp2
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Michael82 wrote:It's magic to create cars and tracks so easily with this game I think it's not over and if one day Crammond delivers its source code there will be things to do ..
We could sign a petition to Crammond to deliver it´s source code! :twisted:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'm still enjoying both the even-numbered titles. I find it amazing to see what amount of detail good modders can put into either game. The main difference from that point of view seems to be that things progressed so far graphically that creating high-quality stuff for GP4 needs more resources and is more time-consuming. This is probably why you can play a comprehensive career of decades of Grand Prix racing with good carsets that have been released for GP2. I find, however, that I really enjoy the few well-done seasons that were added to GP4 over time. It's just gotten to a point over the last few couple of years where pendulum swings between leeching, permissions and personal conflicts fractured the modding community. In respect to that, I always find it amazing to see how well people seem to get along here. :)

I find it good, though, that we do have an officially licensed GP title since last year and for some time. F1 2010 helped me appreciate how difficult and important it is to come up with a simulation that works believably and properly.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Mad_Troyden
GP2 Starter

Post by Mad_Troyden »

Mistically today my GP4 launched when I start a race in GP2. :-k
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

roland ratzenberger wrote:well i have all the four games...and i used to think that i was stupid that i like most gp1 and gp2 .. this desciption with the sex is excellent i can not stop laughing...now i am very happy that i see many people aggre with my way of thinking ..the advantages are many not only the game can run in older machines.. but the editing is easy and not to heavy .. in gp4 and gp3 the mods make the game run very slow etc. but in this point i think that we have to say a big thank you to the makers of this gp2 community .. think of that .. everything we want for our game we can find it easily on the contrary you must search very long to find what you want ](*,) in gp3 and gp4. and also we can exchange opinions we can talk with each other .. it is very good to see that videogame can sometimes make people come closer .... as a conclusion i could say what we say in greece ( o neos einai oraios alla eytixos o palios einai allios) =the new is good but sometimes the older is better :lol: to describe what i feel for gp2
You are from Greece :?: Nice Im from Bulgaria, nice to meet you mate :wink: How is the weather in Greece :?: Here in North-Eastern Bulgaria is very cool 8)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

roland ratzenberger wrote:the new is good but sometimes the older is better :lol: to describe what i feel for gp2
I totally agree with you! I'm only 15 and my PC is full of old games, cause I grown up with them, thanks to my Windows 98 PC I got and still have here :)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

RacerBG wrote:
roland ratzenberger wrote:well i have all the four games...and i used to think that i was stupid that i like most gp1 and gp2 .. this desciption with the sex is excellent i can not stop laughing...now i am very happy that i see many people aggre with my way of thinking ..the advantages are many not only the game can run in older machines.. but the editing is easy and not to heavy .. in gp4 and gp3 the mods make the game run very slow etc. but in this point i think that we have to say a big thank you to the makers of this gp2 community .. think of that .. everything we want for our game we can find it easily on the contrary you must search very long to find what you want ](*,) in gp3 and gp4. and also we can exchange opinions we can talk with each other .. it is very good to see that videogame can sometimes make people come closer .... as a conclusion i could say what we say in greece ( o neos einai oraios alla eytixos o palios einai allios) =the new is good but sometimes the older is better :lol: to describe what i feel for gp2
You are from Greece :?: Nice Im from Bulgaria, nice to meet you mate :wink: How is the weather in Greece :?: Here in North-Eastern Bulgaria is very cool 8)
hello mate.. yes i am here in greece the weather is very hot ... maybe it is about time to go on a beach :D :D
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

roland ratzenberger wrote:
RacerBG wrote:
hello mate.. yes i am here in greece the weather is very hot ... maybe it is about time to go on a beach :D :D
Cool, have a nice weekend man 8)
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

First I started playing gp4 in 2009,but gave up soon bcoz my machine was too ill-equipped to handle it. :(
Then I saw gp3 had lots of cars and tracks and decided to give it a try,liked it very much.
Not satisfied,next I went to gp3-2k,but quit very soon bcoz it was too complicated loading set files.
In 2010,I came to this site by accident and came to know about gp2.
So I got the game and now,I keep only gp2 and gp3 in my machine.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

ooleeeo wrote:First I started playing gp4 in 2009,but gave up soon bcoz my machine was too ill-equipped to handle it. :(
Then I saw gp3 had lots of cars and tracks and decided to give it a try,liked it very much.
Not satisfied,next I went to gp3-2k,but quit very soon bcoz it was too complicated loading set files.
In 2010,I came to this site by accident and came to know about gp2.
So I got the game and now,I keep only gp2 and gp3 in my machine.
Interesting I was too incidently discovered this site when I was searching for GP3 sites, funny isnt it :mrgreen:
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

i play sometimes to GP4. There are beautiful graphics but something is missing in the gameplay. I feel that a slow motion. There haven't this in GP2. Something has been lost between GP2 and GP4... Compared the gameplay of Grandprixlegends is very better.. It would have been nice to see f1mods of 1970's 1980's and 1990's years in this game;) Fortunately we have gp2!
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Michael82 wrote:i play sometimes to GP4. There are beautiful graphics but something is missing in the gameplay. I feel that a slow motion. There haven't this in GP2. Something has been lost between GP2 and GP4... Compared the gameplay of Grandprixlegends is very better.. It would have been nice to see f1mods of 1970's 1980's and 1990's years in this game;) Fortunately we have gp2!
Agreed! For me the best games of Geoff's Grand Prix series are GP2, GP3 and it's addon
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

yes! GP3 could have been the best if there was more than one carshape by mod. It would be too a more great community like Gp2
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

To install tracks on GP2 is IMO actually easier than on GP3, but GP4 with TSM is the easiest. And in GP2, you have to watch out for slots and it's for me annoying. :-s In GP3, I haven't figured out yet how to install Bellini tracks on it. I've copied the .dat files in the 'circuits' folder, and it CTD. #-o