GP2 better than GP3 or GP4

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

GP2 better than GP3 or GP4

Post by racer63 »

Well, maybe you have discussed this topic before, but I like Gp2 more than GP3 or GP4. I have all the three games in my machine, and after some race in GP3 or 4, I always come back to GP2. Races are more emotionals, unless one of the main problem of GP2 is the weak IA programing. But I don´t know why I feel that GP2 races are better. And there´re zillions of cars, many more tracks, game doesn´t CTD, can run in old machines and is easier to mod.

Allright, GP4 has a newest and better graphical engine and the physics are better. The setups are more real and so on... But GP2 still rocks after all those years and thanks to a comunity like this, GP2 gurus. Many times I uninstall and install GP3 or GP4. But my GP2 folder is untouched and I think that will be the same for many more years to come.
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Re: GP2 better than GP3 or GP4

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

I like the first 3 Grand Prix Games (World Circuit Racing, GP2, GP3) more than GP4, cause for me the steering of the cars is harder than in GP3
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

You are right and I will explain that in my words :wink:

Like you say GP2 its better that is 100% true and it can be runned in very old machines that is a big + Also GP2 is very easy to edit and yuo use only 1 or two programs to do it, not like GP4 where you must be 3d artist to make good stuff. GP3/2000 are easy to edit too but the shape edititng is terrible with so many polygons and parts [-( And the painting of the cars is take very long time :-s GP3 also have a many many mods but its more abandoned than GP2 because GP3 modders prefer GP4 to show their skills.

GP4 indeed is a good game but its still bugged and with the newer mods you must have a good PC for it. If we talk about for modding forgot about it. :lol:

GP2 is the best ever sim-racing game ever released and many people still prefer it. The only problems in GP2 are the DOS enviroment and the 256 colors pallete (because Win 7 hate it), but in Windows 8 we will edit it and play it without troubles \:D/ So GP2 will be again the winner of the competition. 8)

And F1GP - its still cool game but its abandoned by the world, and no one try to edit it (its easy but....). Only me and DEHUMANIZER95 are working on it as you know. It has got editors its has got all needed but there arent active community.

In conclusion I will say: I have all GPx games on my PC but one is my favorite - GP2 :!: Why :?: Because is the best, thats why. =D>
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The main issue of Gp3 and GP4 is that they don`t support 24 cars. I think it`s better to have 26 cars with a fictional team as leaving out some teams entirely.

I think it`s also some kind of emotional stuff, I`ve played GP2 since it came out (I was 16) and my PC at that time didn`t manage to deal with GP3. The next PC managed to run the games smoothly but for winning I had to race with a racing wheel. After some time that thing got on my nerves.If you have to do other things on the PC, the eternal putting it away and build it up again, can be real frustrating. I also managed to win with an Ancient Joystick, but the hardware broke after playing. I don`t like the current Joysticks, due they are mostly designed for Flight Sims and so I need a game which can be played with keys. And that`s where GP2 comes in. Being able to win with keys on Ace-Mode without spending tons of hours for practise is a good thing.

A game has to make fun and GP2 still does it. Also a great thanks to our community, racing in the current season is always a great thing :)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

And that's why we can be happy to have a GP2 Community ;) & a F1GP aka World Circuit Racing Community too.
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

I agree with the young bulgarian :D , except for some things.

In my opinion, if you look only at playability and funny, the best game is GP1! And this because you can disable ALL aids and still run VERY FAST with a keyboard. Gp2 is terrible to play with keyboard and without the traction help. Setups are simpler but very accurate too.
Another thing is the cockpit: the continuous revs indicator is awesome, while the modern LED indicators are bullshit.
The final advantage is that there is no fuel in GP1. I always hated pit stops, and this is the reason why I never did (and I will never do!) a 100% race in GP2; in the other hand, I made a lot of 100% CHAMPIONSHIPS! in Gp1.
And, after I discovered the Gp1 editor, finally I managed to play with my own cars and helmets. Okay, they're not comparable with the Gp2 ones, but satisfying.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

And I agree with you too Mr. Nimrod111, GP1 is very cool and this LED indicator is just awesome, the only problem is the community, maybe HF can make a F1GP section here :?: Can you do that HF :?:

We will be very happy for that [-o<

EDITED: I had sent him a message for that.
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

gp2 is indeed the best of them,most imp people with poor machines can run such a game with ease.
I play gp3 as well,but older seasons are a bit frustrating with 22 cars.
gp4 was never playable on my poor laptop,someday I will buy my own machine and then customize to play gp4.

till then,gp2 is the ultimate game for me. :D
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

RacerBG wrote:And I agree with you too Mr. Nimrod111, GP1 is very cool and this LED indicator is just awesome, the only problem is the community, maybe HF can make a F1GP section here :?: Can you do that HF :?:

We will be very happy for that [-o<

EDITED: I had sent him a message for that.

Yep a World Circuit Racing Section would be awesome and on that way we (RacerBG and me) can show our newest carsets etc ;)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Yes, F1GP is good and I have many memories from the races. When first time driving GP2 after F1GP there was lot of wheel spins before learning how to setup for keyboard:) But GP2 has just more in it, feeling of the driving and so many add-ons which keeps the game alive.

When GP3 came I bought it first day, couldn't even test it on my old pc (drove it in friend's pc:). It sure has better graphics and driving has different feel. Didn't care about that turning steering wheel or moving cockpit when driving, but still it was a good game. Driving track (with keyboard) like Tunnel-track on the limit, it just not the same feeling with GP3. And there was so much tracks, cars, carsets etc. in GP2 compared to GP3 so GP2 refused to die:D
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

Emotionally, Gp2 is the best. It was the first game bought, on a snowy Italian day, back in Dec '96.
Graphically, Gp2 is the best. At least, I was stun at seeing it the first time. Ok, dos environment. Ok, 256 colors. But what the heck. If I enjoyed it so much in 1996, why shouldn't it be the same way NOW?
Gp3 looks like... plastic, in my opinion. It just does not catches my heart. It is graphically better, but... maybe I'm biased, but I did not play with it really much. The only thing I would have stole from it is the rain, just to give it to Gp2 to be perfect.
Gp4 is just without any spirit. Void, empty. It's a beautiful woman that you don't love, that you pay just to have sex with. You really do love Gp2, and men this IS love AND sex.
Ok, I'm Italian. I guess my tendency to use particular comparison comes from that. :lol:
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Peze wrote:Gp4 is just without any spirit. Void, empty. It's a beautiful woman that you don't love, that you pay just to have sex with. You really do love Gp2, and men this IS love AND sex
I think this is the best definition of all :D

I like GP1. I played a lot of seasons in it, back in the days before GP2. I had the Amiga version, that was better than the PC version, less blocky. A section for GP1 shouldn´t be bad.

As for GP2, simply still rules!! (many have said that it´s better indeed than rFactor :-k ) what racing game has a 2011 F1 carset after 15 years?
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Gabriele wrote: Gp4 is just without any spirit. Void, empty. It's a beautiful woman that you don't love, that you pay just to have sex with. You really do love Gp2, and men this IS love AND sex.
Ok, I'm Italian. I guess my tendency to use particular comparison comes from that. :lol:
Uahahahhahahha :D :D :D :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I've never played GP4 but I have GP3, my brother bought it when it came out and I thought it looked great, but somehow it just never "grabbed" me. Same story with rFactor, I love its open philosophy and the fact that you can change pretty much everything in it but GP2 is so much easier to edit yourself. Subsequent games just appear daunting!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

racer63 wrote:
Peze wrote:Gp4 is just without any spirit. Void, empty. It's a beautiful woman that you don't love, that you pay just to have sex with. You really do love Gp2, and men this IS love AND sex
I think this is the best definition of all :D

I like GP1. I played a lot of seasons in it, back in the days before GP2. I had the Amiga version, that was better than the PC version, less blocky. A section for GP1 shouldn´t be bad.

As for GP2, simply still rules!! (many have said that it´s better indeed than rFactor :-k ) what racing game has a 2011 F1 carset after 15 years?
Peze wrote that? Like he could do metaphors like that :lol:
@Gabriele: Well said, can't stop laughing :D :D :D

About GP1: after ST version (which I think was the best) I was disappointed about Amiga version's engine sound (Amiga was capable for more than that).

And haven't even tried GP4 yet, I guess I was doubtful after GP3 that I'd be interested enough to buy it.