My Final Project

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

My Final Project

Post by jakesanson »

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been away so long.

It's my birthday today, and I'm the grand old age of 25. So I want to do one more project before I say goodbye to GP2 forever.

I'm making three new carsets, independently. They are based on fictional racing drivers from the world of movies and books. One will be a sportscar set, one will be an IndyCar set and one will be a Grand Prix set. The second was going to be a NASCAR set, but I just don't have the time to do all the hard work with Chevy Impalas and Dodge Chargers.

So you'll see some characters from some fairly awesome movies: Grand Prix, Le Mans, Winning, Days of Thunder, Talladega Nights and.......um.....Herbie: Fully Loaded to name just a few.

In the Grand Prix carset, you'll be seeing drivers you'll only know if you've read the works of Bob Judd, Douglas Rutherford and Sally Armstrong, and there's a nice tribute to Matthew Reilly's Hover Car Racer.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you all updated as I make it. Hopefully will be ready by June.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Re: My Final Project

Post by nimrod111 »

Happy birthday mister :D . About your projects, THESE are the kind of works I like. I'm very curious to see them :D :D :D
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I toowould like to see them soon and ofcourse......

Happy Birthday man, have a nice day and be happy :D

And why you will leave GP2 forever :?:

BTW this is for you (a cake car) :arrow:

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

RacerBG wrote:And why you will leave GP2 forever :?:

I'm leaving GP2 because I will soon be switching to a MacBook, and therefore probably won't have the right equipment to run it anymore. Unless someone can enlighten me how to run GP2 on a Mac.

Thanks for the cake, it was very yummy.

Starting my bios for every driver in the carsets now, then I will move on to the cars themselves. Hope you like this fun little project!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

jakesanson wrote:I'm leaving GP2 because I will soon be switching to a MacBook, and therefore probably won't have the right equipment to run it anymore. Unless someone can enlighten me how to run GP2 on a Mac.
You have to use something like Parallels, VMware Fusion, or BootCamp to put a Windows partition on your Mac. Then you can run PC games on the Windows partition, and Mac stuff like you normally would.

Don´t leave GP2!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

racer63 wrote:
jakesanson wrote:I'm leaving GP2 because I will soon be switching to a MacBook, and therefore probably won't have the right equipment to run it anymore. Unless someone can enlighten me how to run GP2 on a Mac.
You have to use something like Parallels, VMware Fusion, or BootCamp to put a Windows partition on your Mac. Then you can run PC games on the Windows partition, and Mac stuff like you normally would.

Don´t leave GP2!
Yes dont leave you can still use Windows like he says for example on my PC I have Linux too in VPC :)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Yes a Virtual PC should solve the problem & I think DOSBox is also avalible for Mac.
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

jakesanson wrote:
RacerBG wrote:And why you will leave GP2 forever :?:

I'm leaving GP2 because I will soon be switching to a MacBook, and therefore probably won't have the right equipment to run it anymore. Unless someone can enlighten me how to run GP2 on a Mac.

Thanks for the cake, it was very yummy.

Starting my bios for every driver in the carsets now, then I will move on to the cars themselves. Hope you like this fun little project!
WMWare Fusion + DosBox with a frontend called Boxer.
If you need help, just ask.
If you see the screenshot you'll notice Gp2 and Win XP running on a Mac dated 2007. I guess that a 2011 Mac is way more performing than mine, so you won't have any problem running it.
Don't leave us, ever! :cry: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Schermata 2011-04-29 a 20.29.40.jpg
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Yours Mac remembers me for mine version 7.5.5 :lol: Only difference is that my is from 1996 and its havent got colors and IE connection funny :lol: But I run Mac on mini vmac :wink:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Have made my final choices with the carsets, and will be revealing the driver line-ups shortly.

There are two celebrity sets: one before 1979 and one after 1980. The most recent will be using an A1GP style carset (and maybe even carshape) and the other will be a classic series, maybe 1960s F1.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Just to make this clear folks, suspension of reality is crucial here. You and I both know that Days of Thunder was in 1990, Driven was in 2000 and Talladega Nights was 2006, but let's imagine that every movie featured in the Post 1980 movies carset concludes at the end of the 2010 race season.

With the pre 1979 carset, every one racing is a veteran or a legend of their sport and therefore would now only do things like the Goodwood Revival, making them ideal for this historic carset.

My next post will feature the 52 drivers featured in multiple racing movies worldwide.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

ALL STARS WORLD SERIES

TEAM SHINES

Al Shines (USA)
NASCAR Champion, over 100 race wins
49 Years Old
(Played by Bill Campbell in THE CIRCUIT)

Kylie Shines (USA)
ARCA Champion, Race of Generations winner
23 Years Old
(Played by Michelle Trachtenberg in THE CIRCUIT)

This team is widely regarded as the hot favourite for this championship: NASCAR legend Al Shines has ditched the media mogul Robin Cates for his own race team, and with major financial backing thanks to the success of the Race of the Generations charity event, a very strong structure in the technical side of the team, and the added chemistry of superstar female racer and daughter Kylie Shines (who actually beat daddy Al in the charity event) this team is in danger of dominating the championship. Both Al and Kylie are highly motivated for victory, both have aggressive tendencies and both have winning running through their veins. Everyone else should watch out.
Last edited by jakesanson on 17.05.2011, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

BURNS RACING

Rowdy Burns (USA)
NASCAR Champion, ambassador for head trauma
35 Years Old
(Played by Michael Rooker in DAYS OF THUNDER)

Cole Trickle (USA)
NASCAR racer, Daytona 500 and IndyCar race winner
28 Years Old
(Played by Tom Cruise in DAYS OF THUNDER)

This team is a true testament to the hard luck story gone good. The two drivers were once bitter rivals brought together by a huge accident that nearly ended both their careers, but when Cole Trickle needed a race drive for Daytona and Rowdy Burns needed money to keep his family afloat, the match was made in heaven. Trickle took a famous victory, and incredibly Burns has successfully completed a full recovery despite doctors telling him he'd never race again. If any team will stun the world, keep your eyes on Burns Racing. It's also important to note that Harry Hogge and Buck Bretherton provide incredible technical strength to the team, so the championship is definitely within either driver's sights.
Last edited by jakesanson on 17.05.2011, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

DALAND MURPHY MOTORSPORTS

Russ Wheeler (USA)
NASCAR champion, Hard Charger award winner
28 Years Old
(Played by Cary Elwes in DAYS OF THUNDER)

Trip Murphy (USA)
NASCAR champion, owner of Murphy Enterprises
41 Years Old
(Played by Matt Dillon in HERBIE: FULLY LOADED)

It's hard to know in which direction this team is going. Owners Tim Daland and Trip Murphy have joined forces in order to form a squad with some scores to settle. Russ Wheeler has a private feud going with Cole Trickle which dates back to last year when Trickle deliberately rammed him after Wheeler had taken a famous win, and the NASCAR star is still hurting from his defeat by Trickle at Daytona. Trip Murphy is making his return to the sport after trauma sustained at a crash at the finish of the California 500 where he claimed that the winning car (a VW Beetle let in on a last minute technicality) was not only "alive" but "mocking" him. Whilst the rules mean no Beetles will race, Murphy still has his eye on Team Peyton who he holds responsible for the humiliation. Two men have reputations to save, but the rage and fury has a risk of letting their careers dry up. This team will be interesting to watch.
Last edited by jakesanson on 17.05.2011, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

TEAM PEYTON

Maggie Peyton (USA)
NASCAR winner, first woman winner and youngest winner in NASCAR
19 Years Old
(Played by Lindsay Lohan in HERBIE: FULLY LOADED)

Ray Peyton Jr (USA)
NASCAR racer, third generation Peyton
31 Years Old
(Played by Breckin Meyer in HERBIE: FULLY LOADED)

Everyone's favourite race team is now giving it a shot in the All Star World Series. The Peyton brother and sister pairing has come a long way in one season thanks to a plucky VW Beetle that seems to have turned the team's fortunes around. Known affectionately by the team as "Herbie" their mascot gave Maggie Peyton her first ever NASCAR win at the California 500 making her the first woman and the first teenager to win at such a high level. Ray has been nicknamed by some as "In The Way Ray" but with renewed vigour the eldest of the third generation of the incredible Peyton family has decided to continue. True underdogs, Team Peyton is the squad that everyone hopes will gain success at the top of the racing world.
Last edited by jakesanson on 17.05.2011, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.