Tracks question, may be stupid of me.

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Rafael39
GP2 Newbie

Tracks question, may be stupid of me.

Post by Rafael39 »

As the title already says, it might be a very stupid question, but...

Are there plans of releasing the following tracks:?

Red Bull Ring [the new A1 Ring]
New Silverstone Layout
Korean Track
Indian Track
Austin Track [In the far future, of course]

~~Yamisae kudaku chikara de homoemu~~
Yuki ~ Keiko ~ Wakana ~ Hikaru
CROSSGA†E | Facebook
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Tracks question, may be stupid of me.

Post by RacerBG »

Maybe yes and (or) maybe not :lol:

And stupid answer :mrgreen:
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Not a stupid question at all. The only thing is, at this point, there are not that many working on GP2. Track building is not an easy thing. (I got spoiled with BTB when I dallied with rFactor). It is not impossible. It requires time and patience. Check around the forum for track building advise and tutorials. For the Red Bull Ring, you might be able to use the A1-Ring as a base. The rest, I don't know.

FWIW, I did start working on tracks (in a hackish way), but I was not able to get too far before lack of time and artistry stopped that.
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Not a stupid question at all. The only thing is, at this point, there are not that many working on GP2. Track building is not an easy thing. (I got spoiled with BTB when I dallied with rFactor). It is not impossible. It requires time and patience. Check around the forum for track building advise and tutorials. For the Red Bull Ring, you might be able to use the A1-Ring as a base. The rest, I don't know.

FWIW, I did start working on tracks (in a hackish way), but I was not able to get too far before lack of time and artistry stopped that.
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

About Red Bull Ring [the new A1 Ring]:

Did Didi Mateschitz changed the track layout for the new Red Bull Ring??
If not, use A1-Ring.

About New Silverstone Layout:

There is a attached message in this forum (I can't remember the topic exactly) with a track made by Alex Sherkashin. I tested, it's fine, but the Pits Straight is placed between Club and Abbey corners, and it's irreal. The Pits remain after Woodcoat and before Copse. This was a failed project of revamping Silverstone in 2003, and John Edwards did that project for GP2.

About Korean Track:

I don't know if someone is planning to build Yeongam. I don't have plans for it, I didn't appreciate that circuit.

About Indian Track:

I have informations about. But I'll keep it secret. In 1 or 2 months you all will be playing at the new Buddh International Circuit at Greater Noida, India!
A tip: I'm not involving in this Indian project.

About Austin Track [In the far future, of course]:

It's very early to know something about Austin. Seems a nice and funny circuit, but I'm not planning, and maybe in early 2012 someone can think about works in this project.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Rafael39
GP2 Newbie

Post by Rafael39 »

The track layout in Spielberg remained the same for what I saw... When they start racing there I may chase after some videos to see what's new, since they "rebuild" the track...

If I weren't so useless in this things, I would do these myself. ](*,)

~~Yamisae kudaku chikara de homoemu~~
Yuki ~ Keiko ~ Wakana ~ Hikaru
CROSSGA†E | Facebook
Mad_Troyden
GP2 Starter

Post by Mad_Troyden »

That topic is 'A new track?'.