Problem with Car Editor

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Problem with Car Editor

Post by Shadowcat »

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Paul Hoad's Car Editor v.0.98.

The problem is this: I can only open one carshape. When I try to open more than one, I get an error message and Car Editor crashes. Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: Problem with Car Editor

Post by RacerBG »

Shadowcat wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Paul Hoad's Car Editor v.0.98.

The problem is this: I can only open one carshape. When I try to open more than one, I get an error message and Car Editor crashes. Has anyone experienced this? Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
I had experienced this too but Im with Win 7 Ultimate 32bit :roll:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah it's always done it to me no matter what computer or OS I've been using, it's just the Car Editor itself. It's only ever been a Beta version so has many bugs in it.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Post by Shadowcat »

I've seen (or I must be severely mistaken) people running GP2 with several different carshapes in the game at the same time (well, at least two). Surely they must've gotten the Car Editor working? If not, how do they do that?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Shadowcat wrote:I've seen (or I must be severely mistaken) people running GP2 with several different carshapes in the game at the same time (well, at least two). Surely they must've gotten the Car Editor working? If not, how do they do that?
Every GP2 carshape has two cars on it. You may view them in the car editor by pressing those 1 and 2 buttons in the toolbar.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Post by Shadowcat »

rremedio wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:I've seen (or I must be severely mistaken) people running GP2 with several different carshapes in the game at the same time (well, at least two). Surely they must've gotten the Car Editor working? If not, how do they do that?
Every GP2 carshape has two cars on it. You may view them in the car editor by pressing those 1 and 2 buttons in the toolbar.
You mean the high nose and low nose version? That's interesting... but, for example, right now I have downloaded the 1951 carset, and I have an Alfa Romeo 159 carshape and a BRM P15 (or P16?) carshape, and I wonder if it's possible to set one as the high nose and one as the low nose? I don't think so, hm? :(
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well it is possible. But there's no tool available to do it. You must copy one carshape into the other manually and that will be a giant boring work.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!