banned refuelling 2010

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Speedy260
GP2 Newbie

banned refuelling 2010

Post by Speedy260 »

Hey,

is there a way to simulate the banned refuelling in the F1 season 2010. Thanks! :-)
quicknick85
GP2 Newbie

Re: banned refuelling 2010

Post by quicknick85 »

maybe no pitsopts?
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

As far I can remember past discussions we've had here, there is no easy way to achieve an accurate representation of these rules. While every car could, of course, be given enough fuel to complete the race, that results in the AI not stopping at all, as they appear to be programmed to pit only when fuel is low or a defect happens. So if given enough fuel to complete the race, they wouldn't go stopping for tyres, as the real cars and drivers obviously will.

(It's interesting to mention from my point of view that some GP4 communities are having the same discussion with the same dissatisfying answers for now.)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I think this is simply impossible without altering the source code.

Playing the first part of the series (F1GP) could help, but of course it lacks realism. It`s funny from time to time but GP2 is better by any means
dcroz
GP2 Newbie

Post by dcroz »

how about editing the track cc data to use softest tyres and upping the tyre wear rate of the track? The right combination should force a pit stop based on tyre degradation, or will the cccs just get slower and slower?
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

dcroz wrote:how about editing the track cc data to use softest tyres and upping the tyre wear rate of the track? The right combination should force a pit stop based on tyre degradation, or will the cccs just get slower and slower?
The CC-cars do not make pitstops for worn tyres. They only make tyre stops in combination with a fuel stop. So no fuel stop, no tyre change.

If you make the tyres very soft, they will wear out pretty fast, and cars will get very slow at the end of the race. :|
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well it is possible with a program changing stuff directly in the game memory, like GP2Lap. I've made sucessful tests, but I won't be able to make a tool available soon. Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:Well it is possible with a program changing stuff directly in the game memory, like GP2Lap. I've made sucessful tests, but I won't be able to make a tool available soon. Regards
But it means there is a solution for it! =D>
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!