Track request

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: Track request

Post by Peze »

With couple of hours work there is now cc-line in Keimola-tracks (and cameras fixed in summer version). Perhaps not the most optimal, but will do for now. I'm planning to do some real track editing, eventhough I have only experience in fictious trackmaking. Keimola is one of that I'm interested to do, like it was in 70's. Other past-circuit that tempts is rremedios Sudschleife.... maybe both even?
Attachments
keimola.zip
(23.3 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Today I played on Keimola Winter with new ccline, man, it's pretty cool!
I played a quickrace there, it's a sensational track layout, simple but very fine.
I hope the authorities from Finland do not destroy the rest of real Keimola, because we take a hope to see motorsports racing there again after more than 30 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

I agree. Nice layout indeed. Quite many F1-legends raced there. I hope so too that track will be restored, but that probably is wishful thinking (there is some rail road plans in the area).

In summer version I "normalized" track grip and acceleration values (which were the same than in winter ver.). Track is a bit shorter in real life (and perhaps narrower) and pit-line is in different place. I'm gathering some more information before starting any trackediting (same for sudschleife, but that seem to be more difficult because of earlier period). I let you know how plans or editing are progressing :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

It seems that Keimola is created already in GP Legends (which won't work on my computer anymore.. :? ) and some other work is in progress. Is there need for a new version for GP2 :-k Anyway, layout is done already.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I have the GPL version and it feels very diferent from this GP2 version. The track is very narrow and have some height changes. It's very slow also.

Somehow, I like the unrealistic version better.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
akkep
GP2 Newbie

Post by akkep »

Hey. I've been posted an idea of a new Circuit Ultimo for some of GP2 track makers. Some track makers advised me to send track ideas in here, because they have too many projects in fire, not enough time, etc. Well here is my idea of a new Circuit Ultimo, which does include Hungaroring, Monza, Suzuka, Nurburgring and Spa track. New Nurburgring slow curves can be dropped from final version if track require to fit in 7km lenght :-k Here is also JJ Lehto's original dream track which modification this track actually it is, Istanbul section has been replaced by Monza section in my version.

AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Lehto's track seems nice and actually believable to me. There's more variety to it than that Lewis Hamilton "every fast corner of the current calendar tacked onto each other" circuit. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
hansel
GP2 Newbie

Post by hansel »

Sachsenring? Nogaro? Eastern Creek? Monthlery 1937? Crystal Palace? These are the circuits that I miss in GP2 Universe
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

hansel wrote:Sachsenring? Nogaro? Eastern Creek? Monthlery 1937? Crystal Palace? These are the circuits that I miss in GP2 Universe
Sachsenring and Eastern Creek are on my list, just like Fiorano and Zhuhai... But i'm a trackmaker with a long sabbatical now.... :(
Last edited by TdK on 06.05.2010, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits ... 201973.gif
Nogaro 1972-1988 Circuit will be ready to race in May (hopefully)
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

JJ`s track layout looks intresting :D
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Losail? Dubai Autodrome? Zhuhai? Beijing? Durban? Marrakech? Yeongam?
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
quicknick85
GP2 Newbie

Post by quicknick85 »

i would like see portimao for gp2
quicknick85
GP2 Newbie

Post by quicknick85 »

i would like see portimao for gp2
MyNickname
GP2 Newbie

Post by MyNickname »

I would really like to have all tracks 2010 in one pack. This should be made every year.