Track request

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Re: Track request

Post by Peze »

ok, just saw the video of Montjuich, wow :shock: Brilliant work, TDK & TK! =D>

@Andreas: and presentation video just got better too.... :)
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Beautiful track, thank you :D

By the way, where the video disappeared?
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

It seems that nobody has made any version of the Imatra track that was used in Finnish motorcycle Grand Prix races from 1964 to 1982. In fact I'm started to make that track but because I'm a total beginner in track editing the work doesn't progress very well. It isn't an easy track to make because there were for example no fences at all.
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

Is this someone is redoing the Detroit circuit of 1980's in f1? Because i think the actual version is a little bit obsolete it might be better in terms of scenery and objects.
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

Life Racing Engines wrote:It seems that nobody has made any version of the Imatra track that was used in Finnish motorcycle Grand Prix races from 1964 to 1982. In fact I'm started to make that track but because I'm a total beginner in track editing the work doesn't progress very well. It isn't an easy track to make because there were for example no fences at all.
That is one of the (many) tracks that would be great if someone would do it. Actually I've been thinking to do that amongst other tracks someday (assuming that there is time or interest to do anymore tracks in the future) but now that you are making it, that's great :D I'm looking forward to that track.
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

Peze wrote:That is one of the (many) tracks that would be great if someone would do it. Actually I've been thinking to do that amongst other tracks someday (assuming that there is time or interest to do anymore tracks in the future) but now that you are making it, that's great :D I'm looking forward to that track.
To be exact there were at least two track versions used as you probably know. I've started the shorter version that was used 1979 - 1982/1986. Before that there was the longer and extremely fast version with a different start/finish place, too. I think that one curve was already altered for 1978 so that there were even three different versions.

It's nice that there's interest for my project but as I said I'm still learning track editing so it'll take a long time. I understand now quite well how the tracks work but I haven't made them yet. Perhaps I should make some fictional tracks at first to learn.

By the way, is there any GP2 tracks with railway crossings like Imatra?
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Sorry to keep asking but is anyone updating Spa and Silverstone?
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

@Life Racing Engines:

Well, I'm no Imatra expert, but I have seen that long (over 6km) version's layout and it really looks fast :)

I don't know is it better to do fictious tracks first for sake of learning - I think you learn both ways. I have less experience with real life tracks, but it has some differences. With fictious track there is freedom to do what you like and it is possible to avoid things that is difficult to create (usually not:) , but with real life tracks you'd like to do it like it is (of course GP2 is old so the result is quite simplified compared to real life, but then again it takes less time or effort to create a track).

I don't remember any track with railway crossings, you can do it with textures, but the rails' shape in such a short length? May be altering track shape: heights, banking (propably won't work though)? But that question reminded me about fictious track which had very narrow section on the track, was it South Park themed? Can't find it from hard disk, what was that track :-k
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Does anyone have the Trenton oval? Someone did a really nice version, which was on RSC before it crashed. I had the track, but I don't anymore. (I do not know why.... :oops: :cry: ) Skywolf81 did a nice job on the track.
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Also is anyone working on the South Korean GP track? I think they'll actually get to run it on the 24th...
deMeadville
GP2 Newbie

Post by deMeadville »

Ditto Canon's Question! And the Race is ON!!! I simply have not the skills to properly use the Track Editor, however can someone at least do a quick "mock-up" of the South Korean Circuit at Yeongam so we can all Go Racing with the F1 Circus? Here is a link to the FIA's version of the track layout:

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/champion ... rcuit.aspx

Thanks So Much for anyone's efforts there to :D
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I must study how to work with Track Editor for that :?
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

I don't have the track editing skills to make Trenton (which is simply an oval with a kink to the right before coming to turn 3/4) yet. Also, it may be a good thing to wait in order to see what the track looks like first...
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Does anyone have St. Petersburg track :?:
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

RacerBG wrote:Does anyone have St. Petersburg track :?:
St.Petersburg, USA
or
St.Petersburg, Russia?

There is a St.Petersburg/USA for GP2.

The JAD/JAMs: http://www.grandprix2.de/Strecke2/USA/s ... 008_ap.zip
The DAT file: http://www.grandprix2.de/Strecke2/USA/s ... ccline.zip

(don't forget the GP2Limit: http://www.grandprix2.de/Anleitung/limit/gp2limit.htm )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker