Track request

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: Track request

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:Losail? Dubai Autodrome? Zhuhai? Beijing? Durban? Marrakech? Yeongam?
There's a lot of tracks missing for GP2 indeed. But you selection is terrible :P
TdK wrote:
hansel wrote:Sachsenring? Nogaro? Eastern Creek? Monthlery 1937? Crystal Palace? These are the circuits that I miss in GP2 Universe
Sachsenring and Eastern Creek are on my list... But i'm a trackmaker with a long sabbatical now.... :(
The same for me.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

rremedio wrote:
jakesanson wrote:Losail? Dubai Autodrome? Zhuhai? Beijing? Durban? Marrakech? Yeongam?
There's a lot of tracks missing for GP2 indeed. But you selection is terrible :P
TdK wrote:
hansel wrote:Sachsenring? Nogaro? Eastern Creek? Monthlery 1937? Crystal Palace? These are the circuits that I miss in GP2 Universe
Sachsenring and Eastern Creek are on my list... But i'm a trackmaker with a long sabbatical now.... :(
The same for me.
Started some basic works on Eastern Creek this week. But don't get to much hope, the NL² carset is still my main priority! :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Should anyone have time and/or be interested in something new for a change: I could need a nice track for the World Racing Leauge. This would be my proposal:

It most certainly is not in a hurry and you can take yourself some time with this, can even be as long as it would take to actually build that track. My deepest gratitude to whomever decides to help me out.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

rremedio wrote:jakesanson wrote:
Losail? Dubai Autodrome? Zhuhai? Beijing? Durban? Marrakech? Yeongam?

Why is this selection terrible?

The street tracks in China and South Africa which made racing in A1GP really exciting, Morocco's only surviving race track and ideal to go with the WTCC carsets, Dubai and Losail are good tracks in the Middle East and could be great for GP2.

And as for Yeongam, isn't it where F1 is going in 2010???!?!??!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I really love the works of our trackmakers, if it wouldn`t consume that much time, maybe I`d also try it out ;)

It would be awesome if there would be a great standard menu screen template, where the layout for the new tracks could be fitted in easily. This would make great looking menus tracks (in the same style) pretty nice. But it should be neutral, so it can be used with any carset.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:

The street tracks in China and South Africa which made racing in A1GP really exciting, Morocco's only surviving race track and ideal to go with the WTCC carsets, Dubai and Losail are good tracks in the Middle East and could be great for GP2.

Don't take it too serious :wink:
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

jakesanson wrote:

Don't take it too serious :wink:
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm just a bit surprised. I thought all tracks for GP2 were awesome!!

I forgot to mention San Luis, the mountain track in Argentina, and Bucharest.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

In fact all races I've saw on those tracks were boring. Except for Durban and Youngam, which I didn't watch any races. But that doesn't mean those tracks won't/shouldn't be made for GP2. But there are better tracks to be made earlier. Anyway, I'll be very happy if any of those tracks is created for GP2. Even becouse I want to make a GP2 Asia season someday :)

After a long time without even open GP2 I've had some fun yesterday driving for two hours. Great! I've also made some bugfixes for my old Leipzig track. My old monitor had problems for many years and I couldn't see the colors in gp2 tracks properly. I was a bit suprised on how ugly some sectons of Leipzig really looked. But now they are fixed and I'll send the new file soon. I have no time to return to my big projects by now, but I can make those small fixes and quick projects and I'm very interested in resturn to patching.

Maybe I'll have more time next week.

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

quicknick85 wrote:i would like see portimao for gp2
Me too!! I asked for it in another topic once and there was also some interest by some trackmakers as far as I remember. Is someone planning to create it?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, I was taking care of my Leipzig update and I did have one idea. There's another GPL track similar to Leipzig: Halle Saale Schleife. I did create a quick layout based on the GPL map and a ccline, then I did fill it with scenery and objects from the Leipzig track. It turned out different from the GPL track, but with the same "felling", so I will release it as a bonus with the update.

Both files are ready since friday, but I did have to travel and I will be able to send it just on wednesday. I'm happy with the result. Halle Saale is faster than Leipzig and I did have two nice test races there, so I hope you will enjoy it too, even if it's not very realistic.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

If someone is making Portimao, I could (still) do something for it. At the moment I'm not starting any new tracks until I'll get some tracks finnished - three in progress (one of them is rremedios Sudschleife). And the progress is slow at the moment (a little break will do good...). Ater that, who knows :D

@rremedio:
Sounds good, looking forward to those tracks :)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I'll send the files to Andreas tonight.
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

rremedio wrote:I'll send the files to Andreas tonight.
\:D/ =D>
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well, I've worked a little more last night. This time I've updated Westsand Road to use it on my fantasy season. I've changed the layout for two corners to improve overtaking, but most people won't notice it, and I've made an almost all-new ccline. I'm not happy yet, but I didn't want to have too much work, nor to create bugs in Andreas work. But in the future, more corners will change, becouse even if I try my best, the ccs are a bit slow in some corners.

I will add magic data and send it to Andreas soon.

Regards!
Early 90s F1 forever!