GP2 WORLD RACING LEAGUE

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Re: GP2 WORLD RACING LEAGUE

Post by RacerBG »

What carshape and skins do you use :?: Its very good :-k
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Jake, I know it would make your work bigger, but what you think about a tool which would make possible to each team owner to set individual car setups and pitstop strategies? Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The carsets are designed by each individual team owners. Single seaters are fairly easy to design from scratch obviously, sportscars are either already existing ones with slight adjustments and thanks to Greyhead we have lots of blank touring car bitmaps just ready for painting. The carshapes are downloaded from the main site, and are relevant to each different championship.

If someone wants to make that happen with the strategies, then fantastic! I would have no idea how to do it.

We've been running for just over a year and next season we'll have our own GP series, Formula 1, WTCC, ASCAR (our version of NASCAR), IndyCars, Le Mans, and more. Watch this thread and you'll see what we're doing. And you're more than welcome to set up your own racing empire whenever you want. The more the merrier!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I've created a tool that enable the user to set individual strategies and setups (wings and gears only) for each car. It's currently being tested by a friend of mine who has a similar kind of gp2 management league.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Shadowcat
GP2 Newbie

Post by Shadowcat »

A little aside question, how do you make GP2LAP display all 26 cars on the left side of the screen? I can only get it to display 15 at a time.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I don't make GP2LAP do it cos it can't be done. I cheat.

I take two screenshots, one of 1-15 and then one of 16-26. I then go into Paint and then copy and paste the results boxes. That's all.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

WRL Competitors 2011 (04)_30-Sep-10_1.zip
(91.42 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Here is the updated Driver's market as of 19/10/10.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I have some bad news:

AS some of you may have noticed our server has completely crashed. It looks like the web address http://www.gp2-wrl.jakesanson.co.uk may have officially died.

I am now looking for alternatives to keep the GP2 WRL alive and running into 2011, and so we can finish this season off comfortably.

V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

That's weird. It still worked earlier today... :-k Maybe a server-failure!? Maybe it would be an idea to create a sub-forum for WRL here (like "Grand Prix 2", "workingarea", "motorsport").
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

We have a new forum in construction as we speak in a brand new look, so please be patient and those of you who run race teams, try to remember as best you can who runs what and which drivers you have purchased, etc, etc. Times may be quite awkward, but together we can restore the league.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I am happy to announce the new GP2 World Racing League forum:

http://533443.xobor.com/

We have created a whole new look and by the end of the week, everything should be back to normal.

Hope you can join us!

RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Im glad to see that still here is active forum for racing leagues :D I hope in this hard days, GP2 will hardly but survive [-o< Its already surviving 15 years I hope one day after 50-60 years will still be playable \:D/
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Can we keep the old forum (which works perfectly fine for me however :| ) until the end of the season and have a fresh start on the new one for 2011?

Furthermore, for easier access and with it easier advertising, I have allowed myself to get us a nice and handy domain - http://www.racing.htu.biz - and have linked it to the new forum.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Now the "old" forum works again here, too! I also think that it would be the best to continue with it. To be able to include screenshots again, you could register at photobucket or something similar. It would be a little bit more work, but not that much in my opinion.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I suggest to finish all running seasons in the old forum and make the relaunch with the upcoming seasons :)