Touring car bitmap/shape question

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
AD
GP2 Acc

Touring car bitmap/shape question

Post by AD »

Since we have some touring car-experienced wizards here, I thought I'd post a question about this, although I basically expect this to be (trial&error)*n stuff. ;-)

Recently, I've been sketching out some ideas for a potentially interesting touring car thing, but I've noticed that with the usual touring car shape, there's always this effect of the headlights being somewhat displaced towards the outside of the front of the car, as in the right side of this illustration:
tcillustration.jpg
tcillustration.jpg (2.03 KiB) Viewed 6120 times

I've tried countering this by displacing parts of the headlight higher towards the outside in the bitmap, but curiously, that shows up in the game just as painted then, arching upwards. I haven't managed to get it to show in somewhat of a straight line, such as the left side of the illustration.

Are there any tricks I am still overlooking on the bitmap side of things?
Would it be possible to change the front of the shape a bit, or is this the optimum we're going to get with GP2? :-k
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: Touring car bitmap/shape question

Post by Greyhead »

There's a few points on the front of the car shape somewhere in the middle. I think if you lower these points a little, it should sort out the problem. Not tried it myself but I can't see it having any side effects. On the low-nose car shape, the points should be 4, 5, 23, 24 if memory serves but there may be others too that are all at the same place.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Thanks very much, I'll give that a try soon. :)

---

I tried everything out, and it worked wonderfully. It was really just setting those four points a bit lower on the Z axis.

Now, I can start having some serious fun with this idea. O:)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

What did you set the points to? I'll probably do the same for mine and bundle it with the next load of touring car carsets.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I just set all the four points you mentioned to -35 on the Z axis, apart from that, no changes. As I said, works nicely for me.