GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

1st January 2000

Welcome to the launch of the GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, and it's governing body WGPA (World Grand Prix Assocation).

This championship is open to ANY combination of team and engine, tyre companies, fuel providers, anything you wish. As a team boss, you have the right to become the lead driver of your own team, selecting any second driver you wish. But they must not be official drivers under FIA regulations. (so fictional drivers only!!)

There are only a few strict guidelines:

1. NO cigarette advertising of any kind.
2. NO indecent images must be displayed on your cars.
3. NO FIA licensed drivers
4. Maximum of two teams per owner (but you cannot drive for both teams obviously!! If you do own two teams you must pick THREE fictional drivers, one for your team-mate and two drivers for your second team)

Anyone wishing to enter (and this championship welcomes female drivers as well as male) should disclose the following information ASAP:

Team Name
2 Drivers & 1 test driver
Engine Supplier
Tyre Supplier
An e-mail containing a team and helmets bitmap zip file

As this championship will be controlled by you, I would also be grateful if you could submit FIVE racing circuits you would like us to race on this season, in different countries if possible. The best 25 circuits will be selected from your votes, provided they are in 25 seperate countries (Monaco and France DO count as seperate countires, as do England and Scotland, Italy and San Marino, Germany and Luxembourg, just to give you some ideas.)

This championship will commence on January 23rd 2000 so you only have three weeks.

LET'S GO RACING!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

2nd January 2000

The SME Racing team will be entering:

Jake Sanson (GBR) and Bethany Gibbs (GBR) as lead drivers and Matt O'Donnell (GBR) as test driver.

We will be using Volkswagen engines, and Pirelli tyres. Our base will be near Oulton Park in Cheshire, UK.

My five races for selection are:

Kyalami (SOUTH AFRICA)
Sepang (MALAYSIA)
Melbourne (AUSTRALIA)
Anderstorp (SWEDEN)
Indianapolis (USA)
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

and what is it al about??? a real championship where we also shoud drive or a hotlap or is it just a Virtual Championship???

and i think the circuits must be real circuits ?
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Some more rules:

Each team will be given £10 million to spend on engines and tyres, and developments to your car. Prize money will be given each race depending on finishing positions and these can be used to spend on either improving reliability or giving your engine more power.

Your cars start with the engine power allocated by your particular engine manufacturer, and will 12000 reliability points which of course you'll want to reduce!!!

Engines:

Mercedes, BMW (£6m) 710 bhp
Ferrari, Honda, Renault (£5.5m) 705 bhp
Toyota, Ford (£5m) 700 bhp
Peugeot, Mugen Honda, Alfa Romeo, Porsche (£4.5m) 695 bhp
Cosworth, Ilmor, Yamaha, Lamborghini, Asiatech (£4m) 690 bhp
Volkswagen, Judd, Hart, Opel, Subaru, Megatron (£3.5m) 685 bhp

Any other engine manufacturer is permitted, and will cost £3m and have 680 bhp.

Tyres:

Bridgestone, Goodyear (£3.5m) will increase reliability by 30 pts
Michelin, Pirelli (£3m) will increase reliability by 25 pts
Dunlop, Firestone (£2.5m) will increase reliability by 20 pts
Yokohama, Avon (£2m) will increase reliability by 15 pts

Any other tyre company is permitted, and will cost £1.5m and increase reliability by 10 pts.

Race by race:

Reducing your reliability points by 1 will cost £4000, so reducing it by 250 pts will cost £1m and by 1000 pts will cost you £4m.

Increasing your engine power by 1 bhp will cost £100,000 so increasing by 10 bhp will cost £1m.

Prize money each race:

1st = £1m
2nd = £750,000
3rd = £500,000
4th = £450,000
5th = £400,000
6th = £350,000
7th = £250,000
8th = £100,000
Any other finishers = £50,000

Pole position = £100,000
Fastest lap = £100,000
Starting money = £50,000

This applies per CAR, not per team.

Your sponsors are your won choice, but they pay for your drivers NOT your car development.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

It will be a Virtual Championship like F1-Master's, and circuits do not have to be real but they do have to be from the correct timeline, so any real or fictional tracks designed after 2000 can't be used until they were built/created!!! So Bahrain can't be used until the game's 2004 season.

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

LeRon MotorSports Mercedes Michelin proudly presents to join this campionship. Race drivers are Harold Fisher (UK) and Bjørn Mäkki-Ohlsøn (Swe). Spare driver is Timothy MacGibbons (Usa). Team will leaunch the LR FC01 next Weekend.
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

One last thing, a brief fictional history about your drivers will help me determined how quick they are, how much grip they have and which of the two drivers will be pushing for the championship.

If I don't get any driver bios, I'll assume they're rookies and give them 16000.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I forgot to mention you can have any race numbers you like, on a first-come first-served basis.

I've picked numbers 35 and 53 by the way. All shall make sense soon.....

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

LeRon MotorSports Mercedes

CEO Henning Fisser proudly presents the LR FC01
The LR FC01 with Timothy MacGibbons in action in Estoril (Portugal) (Interim version with GP2 Bridgestone tyres because of the miss of Michelin tyres). [It is one of my older base cars]

The car was desiged by Dallara in the last year but LeRon Motorsports developed it very much and customized it for the GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP regulations. The car reached a 1:12:012 at the Austrian Zeltweg Airfield and a 1:25:880 at the Netherlands Zandvoort, which are the fastest lap records for GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP cars.

Harold Fisher [03] (UK) * 18.05.1985: This will be the first year in this series for the 24 years old British driver.

He started driving some karts with 5. When he was 8, he won a national championship with 8 victories in 12 races. This was the point when his career started: He became a member of the Mercedes junior staff training program. Finally he reached Formula A (KFA) and raced against Lewis Hamilton in 2000 and was even able to score many points in this year (3rd in championship). After twosuccesful year in the Formula Renault (2002/2003) he became a driver for the Manor Motorsport in the Formula Three Euroseries (2003). In the year 2006 and 2007 he was a spare driver for ABT Sportsline in several series and raced 2 DTM races and 4 in the GP2. 2008 he raced in the GP2 Asia Series and became 2nd in the championship. 2009 he joined the LeRon Motorsports Team and raced at the 25h of "Grüne Hölle" and Le Mans. In the privat team ranking we bacame 5th and 7th. Now he has a seat in the GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and promis to race for the victories.

Bjørn Mäkki-Ohlsøn [04] (SWE) * 12.09.1988:

Bjørn started driving with 7 on a Yahama Crossbike. Two years later he visited a kartrace of the Formula A (KFA). After this event, he started to drive karts too. In 2003 he joined the Formula A (KFA) and became in his second season champion. Then he joind the German Formula Three Championship in 2005 and raced for the podium but became 5th in the championship in both years. 2007 he reached Formula Three Euroseries and became 4th in 2008 and the champion in 2009. Now he has a seat in the GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and promis to race for the points.

Timothy MacGibbons [33] (USA) * 12.09.1990:

The 18 years old talented driver of the USA started for the Andretti Green Racing in the IRL last year and became 15th in the championship. He promises to get a real succesful driver - we want to give him the chance to get one. That's the reason why he won't be at every race in the GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP because he will race for the Andretti Green Racing team in the IndyCar Series.
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Jake, I'm guessing the "53" might have something to do with a certain silver-screen Volkswagen...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

We were meant to start with 2000 rather than 2009, but hey! Screw it! Fast forward 9 years!!

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME Racing Volkswagen
GP2_0001.JPG
GP2_0005.JPG
Our team has recently been caught doing some interim testing with our 2008-spec car at Jerez, though no official times have been released until our 2009 team's livery will be launched at the weekend at Silverstone.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Jake Sanson behind the wheel of our 2008-spec car.
Jake Sanson behind the wheel of our 2008-spec car.
Bethany Gibbs behind the wheel of our 2008-spec car.
Bethany Gibbs behind the wheel of our 2008-spec car.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

To stay seperate from Formula 1 is the key goal for this championship, so with that in mind the 25 race calendar will be announced tomorrow. None of the circuits in the GPWC will be circuits used in Formula 1.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

4th January 2009

GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

Jan 18th SOUTH AFRICA, Kyalami
Feb 1st COLOMBIA, Bogota
Feb 8th ARGENTINA, Buenos Aires
Feb 22nd BRAZIL, Jacarepagua
Mar 8th NEW ZEALAND, Pukekohe
Mar 15th AUSTRALIA, Bathurst
Mar 29th PORTUGAL, Estoril
Apr 5th SPAIN, Jerez
Apr 19th FRANCE, Paris
May 3rd AUSTRIA, Salzburgring
May 17th ITALY, Enna-Pergusa
May 31st BELGIUM, Chimay
Jun 14th SWEDEN, Mantorp Park
Jun 21st FINLAND, Helsinki
Jul 5th MEXICO, Puebla
Jul 19th USA, Laguna Seca
Jul 26th CANADA, Toronto
Aug 9th GERMANY, Lausitzring
Aug 23rd HOLLAND, Zandvoort
Sep 6th GREAT BRITAIN, Brands Hatch
Sep 20th CZECH REPUBLIC, Brno
Oct 4th JAPAN, Motegi
Oct 18th INDONESIA, Sentul
Nov 1st MACAU, Guia

Some notable returns to the Grand Prix racing scene, including Jacarepagua, Zandvoort and Brands Hatch, but we are being particularly ambitious with our race meetings at Bathurst, Paris and Guia.

We do however need to address which events we should be competing at for 2010.

BY THE WAY FOLKS, anyone who is entering please send me a bitmap of your team and drivers' helmets as soon as possible, and we can get some pre-season testing underway at Silverstone on January 9th-11th before shipping out to South Africa. SO YOU ONLY HAVE ONE WEEK!!!