GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MaxX »

Orchis: (similar to Brabham 1991)
After medium success in the past years, the team is confident to deliver great results again in the future. The current deal with Honda brought a powerfull engine and real talented japanese star Okazaki. Lavaggi stayed with the team and goes for her second season.

The team is owned by 60% by Honda (the manufactorer bought in after last season) and 40% Giancarlo Orchis. British ex-champion Tom Saunders is managing the team. The austrian Le Mans Star Kurt Langer (similar to Alex Wurz) has signed a test driver contract, due his abilities in technical anaylsis should help the team a lot.

Ukyo Okazaki:
The Honda buy-in was good for the team and I hope we can be in the points some times.

Sophia Lavaggi:
I`m happy to go into my 2nd full season and well, let`s see what happens. The 2nd season is always the toughest.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I should point out to everyone that MaXx has asked to run two teams, and I didn't see any reason why not!! So if you guys would like to run a second team as well, then I have no problems with that! BUT NOT 3, BECAUSE THAT'S JUST CRAZY!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

The 'Republica Grand Prix' Team its proud to present our candidacy for the 2009 season.

Our team have it's own facilities placed in San Nicolas, Bs. As, Argentina.
Severals years has passed since our creation in 1990 and with so much success that we found the 2009 the perfect season to enter to GPWC.

So, in the middle of 2008 we've design and built our first car. So, that's our specs:

Chassis : R01
Engine ( powerplant ) : Alfa Romeo
Tyres : Dunlop
Oil & Fuel : Agip

Later we put our first shots in the official kick-off, the next September 30th.

Also, we have proudly to presents our first deals with sponsors, so we have the name of that:

Escapes Elias , Canon, Toshiba, LG and Hewlett Packard.

We have just confirmed our drivers too and we hope that they have and very enjoyable season:

First Driver (31) : Facundo Daniel Baru ( ARG ), 18yo.
History: 'Born in Argentina, the October 17th, our first driver has enjoying a good success in kartings season through 1996 and 1999, winning the Drivers Championship in 1998 and 1999. During 2000 and 2004 he race in "Formula Renault" but without so much success, except an winning race in Rio Cuarto, Cordoba in 2003. In 2006, he join the 'Ford YPF Berta Motorsport' for the "TC 2000" Argentinean Stock competition and scored 5th points in its first race, also he won the drivers championship this year. Since 2008, he join us, and help to make our dreams come true, becoming our first driver in this project'.

Second Driver (32) : Massimiliano Ariesta ( ITA ), 20yo.
History: 'Born in Italy, nearly of Rome, the July 20th of 1989, 'Max Ta' as we nicknamed he, has becoming our second driver. He begins in competitions when he have 6yo. and drive in several kartings champioships through 1995 and 2000 becoming 1 time champion in 1997. Since 2001 and 2006 he race in "Formula 3 European" and win 2 races during the 2004 season. Later, in 2007, he moved to U.S.A and race in the "Andretti Racing Team" from Indy, and win 5 races becoming the Rookie of the Year. In the middle of 2008, he becoming our second driver and our favorite Playstation player'.

Test Driver : Dennis Wright ( ENG ), 25yo.
History: 'Our oldest driver born nearly Donington, the August 11th from 1984. Through 1990 and 1996 he drives in kartings without so much success and later moved to Asia, and race in the Asian "Formula 3" during 1997 and 2001 winning the World Championship 1 time in 2000. In 2002, he moved to Europe and was the Renault Test Driver in 2002 and 2003. Later, he moved again to U.S.A this time and tried to race in Nascar, but an leg injuried left him in a while. So, since 2004 he have and recovery treatment and when he have its full recovery, come to Argentina and join our team as test consultant driver in 2006.'

Nothing more for now, thanks for your time and have a nice day.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The Republica Grand Prix entry has been submitted, but will unfortunately miss today's test session.

The Italian team Scicilia is currently discussing a deal to enter under new ownership. (basically I really like the Scicilia Maserati livery and was wondering if whoever made it would allow me to use it for this championship!!!!)
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

In a dramatic change of attitude, SME Racing has stopped all negotiations with previous drivers and signed up French rookie Linvoy Nonda alongside Trinidad's first Grand Prix driver Lewis Cool. In a statement today they said:

"Whilst we believe we were able to sign proven race-winning drivers, we want our first season to be a year of exploration, which is why we've signed Linvoy Nonda and Lewis Cool, with Caleb Liu as our test driver."

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Whilst Scicilia Maserati goes through its "legal" issues before being confirmed on the Grand Prix grid, it has signed it's three drivers for 2009:

Gabriele Toccacello (ITA), Leszek Leuenberger (HUN) and Giambattista Regazzi (ITA) will be the team's drivers (Regazzi is the test driver).

This is all subject to the ownership stakes of the team, which needs to be confirmed before the first race in South Africa. The team will be suspended from the championship until confirmation is given, although they will be permitted to attend every test session.

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

If more persons wanted to join and the slots would get too less I`ll drop or pass over Orchis of course :wink:

Minarae:
The car has been officially launched last week and here are some pics of the tests in Paul Ricard taken from the official Minarae Homepage:

Orchis:
Last year`s main sponsor might drop out and the livery might change, this is definitaly not good and the final livery delays a little bit.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Still waiting for liveries from FK Systems and Republica Grand Prix. As a result neither team has been entered in today's Silverstone tests. An interim livery has been provided by LeRon Sports, but their race livery needs to be provided by Friday, or they will not receive any sponsorship money in South Africa!!!

Also waiting for car developments from:

DRTW: £500,000
FK Systems: £1 million
LeRon Sports: £1 million
TXM: £4 million

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Jorg Mannsperger at the wheel of the new Minarae-Misfire at Silverstone.
Jorg Mannsperger at the wheel of the new Minarae-Misfire at Silverstone.
Yiasoumis Mertakis driving the TXM-Volkswagen at Silverstone.
Yiasoumis Mertakis driving the TXM-Volkswagen at Silverstone.
Ukyo Okazaki in the new Orchis-Honda at Silverstone.
Ukyo Okazaki in the new Orchis-Honda at Silverstone.
More photos to follow.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Leszek Leuenberger in the controversial Scicilia Maserati at Silverstone.
Leszek Leuenberger in the controversial Scicilia Maserati at Silverstone.
The Woldenberg car at Silverstone.
The Woldenberg car at Silverstone.
The SME car driven by Linvoy Nonda at Silverstone.
The SME car driven by Linvoy Nonda at Silverstone.
After three intense days of testing at Silverstone, here are the fastest times (worked out by doing three sets of qualifying double headers at Silverstone!)

1. Mark Rugen (GER) Minarae-Misfire (1:26.646)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (AUT) Minarae-Misfire (1:26.898)
3. Ukyo Okazaki (JPN) Orchis-Honda (1:27.143)
4. Linvoy Nonda (FRA) SME-Volkswagen (1:27.401)
5. Gabriele Toccacello (ITA) Scicilia-Maserati (1:27.412)
6. Sophia Lavaggi (ITA) Orchis-Honda (1:27.421)
7. Leszek Leuenberger (HUN) Scicilia-Maserati (1:27.621)
8. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (SWE) LeRon-Mercedes (1:27.628)
9. Harold Fisher (GBR) LeRon-Mercedes (1:27.771)
10. Lewis Cool (TRI) SME-Volkswagen (1:27.778)
11. Rick van der Woldenberg (NED) DRTW-Viper (1:27.888)
12. Jorg van der Woldenberg (NED) DRTW-Viper (1:27.942)
13. Alphonse LeCoute (FRA) TKM-Volkswagen (1:28.246)
14. Yiasoumis Mertakis (CYP) TKM-Volkswagen (1:28.351)

Bjorn Makki-Ohlson set no time on day 2 due to a huge accident at 133mph at Bridge corner. He has sustained no injuries, and the car was easily repaired.

Still no sign of the cars from FK Systems or Republica Grand Prix as yet, no developments have yet been made by six teams:

DRTW: £500,000
FK Systems: £1 million
LeRon Sports: £1 million
TXM: £4 million
Republica: £3 million
Scicilia: £3.5 million

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Five teams have been granted temporary grid slots in time for South Africa in the event of too few teams submitting entries for 2009.

Fox China Motorpsorts (Ferrari)
Genius Grand Prix (Ford)
MWM Motorsports (Ford)
Dubai Racing (Mercedes)
Comet France Sport (Peugeot)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Five teams have been granted temporary grid slots in time for South Africa in the event of too few teams submitting entries for 2009.

Fox China Motorpsorts (Ferrari)
Genius Grand Prix (Ford)
MWM Motorsports (Ford)
Dubai Racing (Mercedes)
Comet France Sport (Peugeot)

The first round in South Africa will take place this Saturday.

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I made a small Excelfile to calculate development and prize money ;)

The formulas are all visible and you can feel free to improve it if you want
Attachments
GPWC.zip
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix press release from today:

'The Republica Grand Prix has sent today the interim livery, and also, our drivers helmets, to make and copy and start our first season in this incredible championship.
Also, we want to surface our logo today.
To our team, in the San Nicolas Factories, thank you for all the hard work, for the time and the happiness. To our rivals, good luck and good season. To all of you, have a nice day and a great championship.'
Attachments
Republica GP.PNG
Republica GP.PNG (3.04 KiB) Viewed 13418 times
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Drama has hit the Grand Prix World Championship. The FK Systems Racing team has dramtically announced the signing of three-times world champion Rickard Alingas, in place of Nico Weidlinger. The "Super-Swede" has been given a golden opportunity to take on the pacesetting Minarae drivers will set this champiosnhip on fire.

The FK Systems Racing team have yet to comment on the signing, but Republica and FK Systems will now spend two days of testing with the rest of the field at Imola before Kyalami.

There are currently five spaces remaining for teams to enter, although only four are required to go to South Africa with the full 26 car grid.