GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

FINISH:
RICKARD ALINGAS WINS THE FRENCH GRAND PRIX!!! The unluckiest team on the grid has finally won!!!!
Alingas.JPG
Pole position, fastest lap and race win!! That's the Rickard Alingas we all know and are delighted to welcome back to the winner's circle!!

1. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems)
2. Elio Lahikkanen (Transition)
3. Jaime Moreno (DRTW)
4. Timothy MacGibbons (LeRon)
5. Kostas Kafatos (Cyprus)
6. Jake Sanson (SME)
7. Fiete Priet (Nordisch)
8. Maarja Snel (Nordisch)

No other finishers, Rickard Alingas set fastest lap.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

P4 P4

One time again this young talanted guy did a great job ;-)
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

DRIVER'S CHAMPIONSHIP
1. Mark Rugen (39 pts)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (36 pts)
3. Rickard Alingas (30 pts)
4. Timothy MacGibbons (28 pts)
5. Jaime Moreno (23 pts)
6. Leszek Leuenberger (21 pts)
= Gabriele Toccacello (21 pts)
8. Ukyo Okazaki (20 pts)
9. Sophia Lavaggi (17 pts)
10. Jake Sanson (16 pts)
= Elio Lahikkanen (16 pts)
12. Linvoy Nonda (9 pts)
13. Sebastien Bourougsse (8 pts)
= Lewis Cool (8 pts)
15. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (7 pts)
16. Massimiliano Ariesta (6 pts)
= Giambattista Regazzi (6 pts)
18. Natalia Medina Gonzalez (5 pts)
= Caleb Liu (5 pts)
= Maarja Snel (5 pts)
= Kostas Kafatos (5 pts)
22. Facundo-Daniel Baru (4 pts)
= Yiasoumis Mertakis (4 pts)
24. Patrik Pafvelsson (3 pts)
25. Alexis Kamannen (2 pts)
= Vincent Hattenberger (2 pts)
= Timo Laiti (2 pts)
= Fiete Priet (2 pts)
29. Ryan Miller (1 pt)

CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP
1. Minarae (75 pts)
2. SME (39 pts)
3. Orchis (37 pts)
4. LeRon (35 pts)
5. FK Systems (34 pts)
6. Transition (31 pts)
7. DRTW (22 pts)
8. Nordisch (17 pts)
9. Cyprus (14 pts)
10. Republica (12 pts)
= Kraft (12 pts)
12. Nagato (1 pt)
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

Great Drive for Moreno..... again a podium.

This P3 is for the people at the Factory, who worked very hard to get the car better.
Its now time for a victory.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

PRIZE MONEY

FK Systems: £1.95m
Transition: £1.275m
DRTW: £900k
LeRon: £825k
Cyprus: £750k
SME: £675k
Nordisch: £675k
Minarae: £150k
Orchis: £150k
FK Junior: £150k
Republica: £150k
Nagato: £150k
Kraft: £75k

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME:
A very frustrating race, and we feel very badly for Zickler. I personally am happy with my sixth place, although I am exhausted. Dovetailing the SME project with my McLaren F1 drive is tiring but enjoyable.

Transition:
We are delighted with Elio who showed he could easily have won today if not for one minor mistake. We are however very irritated with Toccacello who got out of a perfectly healthy car. Looking at where he was, he could have given us a third place which would have helped our development no end. This is an issue we will discuss at length with Gabriele, and we will get to the bottom of it before things get out of hand.

By the way folks, the WRL Forum is now officially live!!

http://www.gp2-wrl.jakesanson.co.uk

Hope to see you all there!!

Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

The last few weeks have been extremely hectic and exhausting for Total Xtreme Motorsport and its teams. Aside from the very shocking news that Kay Lon has bought out the WilliamsF1 team to enter the possibly biggest championship of motorsport (more on that below), of course buisness as usual needed to be dealt with.

For both Nagato Grand Prix and Team Cyprus Renault, the last two races were successful, as both teams scored respectively points for themselves. Yiasoumis Mertakis voiced his desire to be in the top team again but on the other hand, Kostas Kafatos made perfect use of the retirements and took a challenge to hyped rookie Timothy MacGibbons for fourth. Kay Lon was pleased to see this but has declared his hope to fight for the podium within the next few races with Team Cyprus.

Mrs. Nagato on the other hand was fare more happy with the point of "her" team and said that it is very nice to work with Mertakis, as he is quite a "prospect for the future". And it is good that Kay Lon looked for Cypriot drivers, otherwise GPWC would have missed a great talent.

But at least just as interesting was the buy-out of WilliamsF1 by Kay Lon and Total Xtreme Motorsport. The deal was made official just the day before the Paris race. "We are truly happy to welcome Kay Lon as the new investor for out team." says Eddie Williams Jr., the Canadian driver and son of Eddie Williams, founder of WilliamsF1. It is unclear if Williams Jr. will get a drive with his former own team. "This investment in Formula 1 is very important for Total Xtreme Motorsport, as we are willing to become a recognisable force within the world of motorsport.". Additional to his Williams investment, Kay Lon is rumored to be assigned to lead Toro Rosso from 2010 on as customer cars will be banned but Red Bull still wants two teams in Formula 1. While K. Lon refused to comment on these rumors, the internet just said more, as another rumor says that if Kay Lon will lead STR, Alphonse LeCoute is supposed to finally get his deserved F1 debut.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
It`s a shame we still are unable to get rid of our reliability problems, we have to work harder on that.

Orchis:
2 cars out of the race is not a good result, but at least it`s not that hard to be better next time.
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

DRTW

We should keep this good pace for the next races, our factory in Geleen is working very hard to get our car better and better. We have spend this week 800.000 (200points) in our reliability, to secure that both cars will finish a race.

See you in Austria
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

AR Racing Press release:

Although all the time without more news of our team than the race meet news, our team was in a very complicated situation with the management. Our management has decided to sell all the team and a Germany company of cars named 'ATS' , has bought our team, result of that our name change from 'Republica Grand Prix' to our new name, 'ATS Republica Racing' or ' AR Racing '.

Also, there was so much changes in the cars and in the drivers.
Our new team management has decided to fire all our drivers except, Facundo Baru who recovered its seat in the team.

Also there are a new 2nd driver and also a tester.

Our new 2nd driver, its the experiencied American, Scott Stewart, with 30 yo., who won the IndyCar Championship in 1996 and 1997 with Chip Ganassi. Also, won the drivers championship in F3, F3000 European and finish 2nd the last year in GP2.

Our tester driver its another experiencied driver, Ricardo Rodriguez, an Argentinean local driver with 29 yo. who won the 24 HS. of Le Mans in 2001, the Turismo Carretera in Argentina between 2003 and 2005 and the 2008 championship of A1GP.

Our new drivers line-up its:

Facundo Daniel Baru - As 1st Driver.
Scott Stewart - As 2nd Driver.

Ricardo Rodriguez - Tester driver.
--

Our new cars, will brought the next year the BMW motors but, in the meanwhile we are using the Alfa Romeo powerplants.

Our cars, constructed in the Fondmetal Chassis Company, its a very high speed and reliable car, in which we expect to have a great performance.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Thanks for all your support so far guys, this has become better than I ever thought it would be.

We are now moving these championships, so as not clog up the forum as I don't believe it's fair to take over the GP2 Forum with the WRL.

Also we are launching new championships which will start in January in touring cars, indycars, sportscars and others, so hopefully there will be something for everyone.

Please join us at:

http://www.gp2-wrl.jakesanson.co.uk

Thanks folks! Hope to see you there!!

AAS, could you add this link to your website with this logo?
logo_wrl.gif
Thanks guys! See you soon!!

V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

FK Racing Systems: Congratulations to Rickard Alingas. This victory could only be achieved because of the hard work he and Patrik Pavfelsson invested during the season. We would like to thank both drivers. We are very sorry for Patrik Pavfelsson, once again a technical failure costed him some sure points or even a podium.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
tmc
GP2 Starter

Post by tmc »

@jakesanson

can't you save the whole race as a hotlap (there's a tool for that), so we can watch the races by ourselves in gp2.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I've got no problem with that, if you just show me how!!!

rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Use GP2Video (download at AAS's site) and your saved games will have the whole race do watch. The saved games will become big (about 7 or 8mb, I believe). But they come to the normal size when you zip them.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!