GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

DRIVER'S CHAMPIONSHIP
1. Jorg Mannsperger (36 pts)
2. Ukyo Okazaki (20 pts)
3. Timothy MacGibbons (13 pts)
4. Leszek Leuenberger (12 pts)
5. Jaime Moreno (11 pts)
6. Gabriele Toccacello (10 pts)
= Jake Sanson (10 pts)
8. Linvoy Nonda (9 pts)
= Mark Rugen (9 pts)
10. Sebastien Bourougsse (8 pts)
11. Elio Lahikkanen (6 pts)
= Rickard Alingas (6 pts)
= Massimiliano Ariesta (6 pts)
= Giambattista Regazzi (6 pts)
15. Natalia Medina Gonzalez (5 pts)
= Caleb Liu (5 pts)
17. Lewis Cool (4 pts)
= Maarja Snel (4 pts)
= Sophia Lavaggi (4 pts)
= Facundo-Daniel Baru (4 pts)
21. Yiasoumis Mertakis (3 pts)
= Alexis Kamannen (2 pts)
23. Ryan Miller (1 pt)
= Kostas Kafatos (1 pt)

CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP
1. Minarae (45 pts)
2. SME (29 pts)
3. Orchis (24 pts)
4. Nordisch (14 pts)
5. LeRon (13 pts)
6. Republica (12 pts)
7. Transition (10 pts)
= Cyprus (10 pts)
= DRTW (10 pts)
10. Nextdrive (8 pts)
11. FK Systems (7 pts)
12. Kraft (1 pt)

PRIZE MONEY
Minarae: £2.025m
Republica: £225k
Transition: £150k
LeRon: £825k
Cyprus: £300k
SME: £2.025m
DRTW: £600k
FK Systems: £225k
Orchis: £1.125m
FK Junior: £225k
Nordisch: £300k
Kraft: £300k
Nagato: £225k
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

LOLA WORLD SERIES
AUSTRALIA, Bathurst

Yet another rookie winner!! 18 year-old superstar Tim Peers from Great Britain takes victory at Bathurst!! So the team that races in the Grand Prix World Championship is............Yaesu Sport.
GP2_0001.JPG
1. Tim Peers (Yaesu Sport)
2. Kurt Langer (Zech TNT)
3. Neel Shambi (Dubai)
4. Dallas Rebecky (Fox)
5. Masami Toiyoma (Ssangyong)
6. Xang Qi (Fox)
7. Patrick Goosens (NP Holland)
8. Jaime Lomabrdo (Comet)

PP: Norio Narahasi (Ssangyong)
FL: Peers
Last edited by jakesanson on 19.10.2009, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
You can`t speak of a bad result when you have both drivers on the podium. Our congratulations to the maiden win of rookie Sanson, the pace of the SME team this weekend surprised us. We are confident to be back on the top soon.

Orchis:
The first points of Lavaggi and both cars in the points is a great result. We are very happy with the current development of the season, allthoug the party won`t be as big as it has been the last times ;)
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Great result! :roll: Please invest all my money into the reliability of the cars.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Kraft: We are very happy about the improved reliability. It's time to make the car faster now.

Nordisch:We are very happy about the improved reliability. It's time to make the car faster now.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Car improvements have been made by Minarae, Orchis, Nordisch, Kraft, SME, Transition, FK Systems and FK Junior in preparation for Bathurst. The Australian Grand Prix will take place on Tuesday night.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME Racing has announced the signing of Tim Peers to their racing project. This 18 year-old hotshot could easily be "the future of their team."

Jake Sanson:
"He's definitely world championship material, he's quicker than I am! If I can win a race first time out which has still shocked everyone including me, this boy will rock everyone! Our aim is to keep him at the Yaesu Sport team in the Lola World Series, with a view to sign him alongside Jake Sanson in the team for 2010. Jake has already confirmed his commitment to his own team until he retires from racing, and we'd quite like to convince Tim Peers to do the same."

The team has also released a statement following their maden win at Wellington:

"We would like to thank everyone in the SME team for making this happen. We have been working since early 2008 to make this team as strong as it is, so this win means everything. We certainly don't expect to challenge for the championship now, but let's see what happens. Now we know we could potentially build a car that can win, our target is to fight for the championship in 2010. We probably won't win again this year, but we're still going to enjoy our debut season.

We would also like to thank those teams who have sent their best wishes to us. We look forward to you all overtaking us at Bathurst!!!"

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm sorry for the delay. Had some issues with GP2, and on Tuesday I discovered I have suspected swine flu so if someone else wants to take over the running of this, I'll send someone the carset.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Anyone interested in taking this over?

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Don`t worry, I think we are in no hurry and can wait :)

Hope you get that fixed without too much problems
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Friend, i hope the best for you and also, i'm prepared for any task that you can demand ( if my times will allow that, obviously ).
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Whilst I've been ill, I've been working on the history of the GPWC, so that everybody's team and driver facts all make sense, and I'll be realeasing all that in the coming week. Whilst that happens, I will try to fix the GP2 problems I'm having. Basically, I reinstalled everything, and now my screen freezes every time I enter a qualifying, practice or race sometimes for 30 seconds, 2 minutes, or the whole thing crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Track issues?
Problems with GP2LAP?
Have you tried without GP2LAP? and in that case, it crash again?

If without GP2LAP you continue the fails..i'll suggest some tasks:

1) install GP2 without any addon.
2) install GP2LAP and test, if it works, continue to 3.
3) install a carset, and if it works, continue to 4.
4) install a track, a solely track, and if it works, backup CIRCUITS and GAMEJAMS and continue to 5.
5) install all tracks, and if it works, you'll done!. But, if it f***s again, then, you've have a Track Problem!.

Please, sleep and keep better every day, that its more important your health than a game, and later, check this.

Good Day Mate!.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Far simpler solution:
It the following is not the case, edit the nosecone positions, that they're bigger than 0 in height and wide and that they do not overlap.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Tried both of your solutions, and all is now fixed!!!! Thanks for your support guys!!

It's really nice to know that you guys aren't just great GP2 fans, you're also really loving people who care about their mates. I feel really proud to be a member of this forum as a result of your kindness. As a Christian, it's nice to know that you guys look after each other in here!!

Just to report I am now much better, though my wife now has swine flu instead!!! So things will still be a bit slow while I help her recover.

Qualifying will be released tomorrow, as will the Australian Grand Prix itself, live from Bathurst.