GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by HF »

Damn, a leading spin out.... But we got points... Also our 2nd spare driver got some with his team.... :shock:
- . -
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Conference:

'Our team it's very happy and proud due to our dream performance ever. 3rd and 7th are a great result for this new lineup. Dreamed every day and finally happened. We re very, very joyfully.'

Massimiliano Ariesta: What a race! I dont have words to say what it feels this podium finish. 3rd its a great result for us. We start fighting in the back of the grid and finish in a impressive way. Thanks to the team, my family, my friends and also, to Facundo who recommends to let its car to me.

Alexis Kamannen: Great race in the points for me. Im very happy for Max Ta and its first and our too, podium ever in GPWC. Thanks to the team and well, im very happy too.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team has decided to put special effort in the reliability of the car.
Thats our budget management since Colombia race:

Firstly we have: 4.2m -- Colombia
We Used: 2m - 1m Reliability / 1m BHP´s
Then we have: 2.2m -- before Argentina
Later we won: 0.1m -- Argentina
So then we have: 2.3m -- interim Brazil
And we have decided to put to reliability another: 1m -- before Brazil
So..: 1.3m -- before Brazil final account
And now including our winning: 1.3m+1.275m= 2.575m -- Brazil

Now we have 2.575m and now we want to use:

1m - To reliability ( 250pts. )

The new Republica-01B will be an impressive reliable car, and then, when we believe that the car its sufficiently reliable, then we put some budget to the BHP's.

NEW UPDATED BUDGET: 1.575m.'
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC would like to apologise to FK Systems, FK Junior and Nordisch for having previously missed them out of the prize money chart. The GPWC has no reason whatsoever for this mishap, and will ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

On an unofficial note, I am now going to try to remove the rear wing numbers to avoid that texture having problems. Any ideas how?
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

jakesanson wrote:On an unofficial note, I am now going to try to remove the rear wing numbers to avoid that texture having problems. Any ideas how?
I think you are using the GP2edit so the solvement of the problem shouldn't be complicated. Open your GP2edit and open Menu "Edit -> Car Number Position". Now you need to bring all numbers in the small boxes to zeros. But don't forget to make it for "First Car Nose", "Second Car Nose", "First Car Wing" and "Second Car Wing"! Now you just need to push the bottom "Export" in the "Car Number Position"-window. ;-)
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

HF wrote:
jakesanson wrote:On an unofficial note, I am now going to try to remove the rear wing numbers to avoid that texture having problems. Any ideas how?
I think you are using the GP2edit so the solvement of the problem shouldn't be complicated. Open your GP2edit and open Menu "Edit -> Car Number Position". Now you need to bring all numbers in the small boxes to zeros. But don't forget to make it for "First Car Nose", "Second Car Nose", "First Car Wing" and "Second Car Wing"! Now you just need to push the bottom "Export" in the "Car Number Position"-window. ;-)
Insta-Post *lol*

Are the noses also distortet? Then they should also be removed, else you could take a look at the current nl²-carset to figure it out how they have done it :)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I don't think the noses are distorted, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

BREAKING NEWS

The two teams SME and Transition have made a special deal that should see their teams run smoothly for the remainder of the 2009 season.

A lot of changes sees the two teams change sponsors, and swapping drivers in a dramatic move that both parties appear happy with.

SME-Volkswagen
Thanks to our talks with various sponsors in Brazil, we have been able to negotiate a new deal that sees our team growing in financial strength. We have secured permanent backing from Red Bull, as well as EA Sports, Vodafone, Kellogg's, Mastercard, Microsoft and Domino's. Part of our agreement with Red Bull is that we take two of their drivers into the team, so we have reclaimed Caleb Liu, who was only ever with Transition on a race-by-race basis and given him the test driver position once more.
GP2_0000.JPG
GP2_0001.JPG
Lewis Cool has decided to return for the rest of the season, and SME's team boss Jake Sanson has decided to take the plunge and race for his own team. He has shown an incredible turn of speed in pre-season testing, and during the Brazilian weekend, teamed up with Lewis Cool and sportscar world champion Gary Moreno to win the Daytona 24 Hours in a VW-powered Reynard. He believes this has fully prepared him for the challenges of Grand Prix racing.

A statement from Transition is set to follow....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Transition Mercedes
We have made some changes to our driver line-up, and having returned Caleb Liu to SME, we would like to thank them for their co-operation in our first two races of the season.
GP2_0007.JPG
GP2_0008.JPG
We have signed sponsorship deals with Nintendo, McDonald's, Mars Confectionary (using the M&M's brand), Lovefilm.com, Vodafone, and Kopparberg.

We are also unveiling a brand new line-up for the rest of this season:

Gabriele Toccacello (ITA) and Elio Lahikkanen (FIN)

Our test driver will be Linvoy Nonda (FRA).

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Round 3, Lola World Series
NEW ZEALAND, Pukekohe

1. Kane Palmer (MWM)
2. Laurance Papin (Vaillante)
3. Norio Narahasi (Ssangyong)
4. Stefano Sampietro (Scicilia)
5. Neel Shambi (Dubai)
6. Rena Hayami (Yaesu)
7. Xang Qi (Fox)
8. Bruno Loeb (Comet)

PP: Hayami
FL: Shambi

The team joining the Grand Prix World Championship race at Pukekohe will be.....MWM Racing.

The Grand Prix of New Zealand will take place on Friday evening.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm sorry to say, but the New Zealand Grand Prix will be delayed at least one day, due to GP2Lap freezing on me every time I try to start a session!!! Will try to fix this asap.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Problems now fixed, so I'll get the race underway now.

By the way folks, the race will now be at Wellington, not Pukekohe. This is due to the number of laps on Pukekohe (10) and every time I try to adjust it it doesn't work. So Pukekohe is out, Wellington (the '96 street layout) is in!!

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

NEW ZEALANDER GRAND PRIX, Wellington
Qualifying

Nobody can quite believe what's happened in this week's session, as pole position falls to a rookie....

SME team boss Jake Sanson, fresh off the back of victory in the last three Indycar races at Rio, Homestead and Long Beach, found raw pace in both sessions and couldn't quite believe it when he took pole position.

"I just don't believe it! If you'd have told me I'd be in pole here, I'd tell you that you were seeing pink elephants!! It's a total dream! From here, we just have to see if we can finish. Pace over one lap is not enough, but we're hoping to follow the Minaraes, Orchis' and FK Systems' cars home. If we can get points today, we'll be delighted. So basically, we're being realistic. We're a brand new team that's spending 2009 learning. Helps with our budget no end though!!!"

QUALIFYING RESULTS
1. Jake Sanson (SME)
2. Mark Rugen (Minarae)
3. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae)
4. Sophia Lavaggi (Orchis)
5. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems)
6. Ukyo Okazaki (Orchis)
7. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (LeRon)
8. Patrik Pafvelsson (FK Systems)
9. Elio Lahikkanen (Transition)
10. Jaime Moreno (DRTW)
11. Gabriele Toccacello (Transition)
12. Timothy MacGibbons (LeRon)
13. Kostas Kafatos (Cyprus)
14. Alexis Kamannen (Republica)
15. Ryan Miller (FK Junior)
16. Leszek Leuenberger (Kraft)
17. Herbie Huckett (Nagato)
18. Nico Weidlinger (FK Junior)
19. Maarja Snel (Nordisch)
20. Fiete Priet (Nordisch)
21. Giambattista Regazzi (Cyprus)
22. Yiasoumis Mertakis (Nagato)
23. Kane Palmer (MWM)
24. Lewis Cool (SME)
25. Vincent Hattenberger (Kraft)
26. Massimiliano Ariesta (Republica)

NON-QUALIFIERS
27. Rick vd Woldenberg (DRTW)
28. Ba Mitchell (MWM)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

RACE

(There are more issues with my PC than I realised and the screen keeps freezing, so it was a bit pointless trying to get the pictures for everything as my PC can't hack it until it's been fixed!!!)

Unbelievable! Only the third rookie win in history!! Gabriele Toccacello won last year in his debut race, and after an astonishing drive, Jake Sanson takes victory in the SME Volkswagen!!

(I can honestly swear with my hand over my heart, that I did not fix the result! My heart was skipping beats all throught the "Accelerated Time", as I honestly thought I'd retire any second!!)

Reliability has definitely been improving, as the 71 lap race only saw 8 retirements. So well done to all the teams for their improvements. Lots of prize money being awarded to lots of race finishers!!!
GP2_0000.JPG
RESULTS
1. Jake Sanson (SME)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae)
3. Mark Rugen (Minarae)
4. Timothy MacGibbons (LeRon)
5. Sophia Lavaggi (Orchis)
6. Jaime Moreno (DRTW)
7. Ukyo Okazaki (Orchis)
8. Kostas Kafatos (Cyprus)
9. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems) out of fuel
10. Nico Weidlinger (FK Junior)
11. Fiete Priet (Nordisch)
12. Yiasoumis Mertakis (Nagato)
13. Alexis Kamannen (Republica)
14. Leszek Leuenberger (Kraft)
15. Lewis Cool (SME)
16. Vincent Hattenberger (Kraft)
17. Maarja Snel (Nordisch)
18. Kane Palmer (MWM)
ret Gabriele Toccacello (Transition) water leak
ret Ryan Miller (FK Junior) transmission
ret Elio Lahikkanen (Tranisition) transmission
ret Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (LeRon) transmission
ret Patrik Pafvelsson (FK Systems) transmission
ret Massimiliano Ariesta (Republica) transmission
ret Herbie Huckett (Nagato) electrical
ret Giambattista Regazzi (Cyprus) transmission