GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Klon »

I noticed that we lack some stats: the fastest laps for both races and the championship standings. I could easily calculate the latter ones, but I'm too lazy.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Good point Klon!!

RACE 1, SOUTH AFRICA, Kyalami

1. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae-Misfire)
2. Linvoy Nonda (SME-Volkswagen)
3. Jaime Moreno (Nextdrive-Mercedes)
4. Gabriele Toccacello (Scicilia-Maserati)
5. Lewis Cool (SME-Volkswagen)
6. Yiasoumis Mertakis (TXM-Volkswagen)
7. Facundo-Daniel Baru (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
8. Leszek Leuenberger (Scicilia-Maserati)
POLE: Rickard Alingas (FK Systems-Honda)
FL: Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae-Misfire)

RACE 2, COLOMBIA, Bogota

1. Leszek Leuenberger (Nordisch-Renault)
2. Ukyo Okazaki (Orchis-Honda)
3. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems-Honda)
4. Natalia Medina Gonzalez (DRTW-Viper)
5. Maarja Snel (Nordisch-Renault)
6. Giambattista Regazzi (TXM-Volkswagen)
7. Facundo-Daniel Baru (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
8. Ryan Miller (FK Systems-Honda)
POLE: Gabriele Toccacello (Nordisch-Renault)
FL: Leszek Leuenberger (Nordisch-Renault)

DRIVER'S CHAMPIONSHIP

1. Leszek Leuenberger (11 pts)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (10 pts)
3. Linvoy Nonda (8 pts)
= Ukyo Okazaki (8 pts)
5. Jaime Moreno (6 pts)
= Rickard Alingas (6 pts)
7. Gabriele Toccacello (5 pts)
= Natalia Medina Gonzalez (5 pts)
9. Lewis Cool (4 pts)
= Maarja Snel (4 pts)
= Facundo-Daniel Baru (4 pts)
12. Yiasoumis Mertakis (3 pts)
= Giambattista Regazzi (3 pts)
14. Ryan Miller (1 pt)

CONSTRUCTOR'S CHAMPIONSHIP

1. Nordisch (14 pts)
2. SME (12 pts)
3. Minarae (10 pts)
4. Orchis (8 pts)
5. FK Systems (7 pts)
6. Cyprus/TXM (6 pts)
7. DRTW (5 pts)
8. Republica (4 pts)
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Here is the full gird for the Lola World Series. Contracted drivers in the GPWC are highlighted in red.

VAILLANTE RENAULT
Laurance Papin (FRA)/Manu Bastide (FRA)

YAESU SPORT TOYOTA
Lewis Cool (TRI)/Rena Hayami (JPN)

DUBAI MERCEDES
Neel Shambi (QAT)/Natalia Medina Gonzalez (ESP)

COMET PEUGEOT
Jaime Lombardo (CDN)/Bruno Loeb (BEL)

FOX FERRARI
Dallas Rebecky (USA)/Xang Qi (CHI)

SCICILIA MASERATI
Riccardo Alessi (ITA)/Stefano Sampietro (ITA)

SSANGYONG HONDA
Norio Narahasi (JPN)/Masami Toyoma (JPN)

HADDIX COSWORTH
Oliver Oelschlager (GER)/Jan Oner (DEN)

MWM COSWORTH
Kane Palmer (AUS)/Ba Mitchell (FIJ)

NEXTDRIVE MERCEDES
Timo Laiti (FIN)/Sebastian Bourougsse (FRA)

NP HOLLAND FERRARI
Domonik Waijenberg (NED)/Patrick Goosens (NED)

PRODAN PEUGEOT
Roldan Ricciardo (ESP)/Siso Soldado (ESP)

ZECH TNT RENAULT
Franz Elssler (AUT)/Kurt Langer (AUT)
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
We have lost some ground due reliability problems and it seems that our supplier Misfire need to upgrade the engines soon if we want to keep in touch with the big points.

Orchis:
Honda brings some new parts for the next Grand Prix and we are happy to know Ukyo in our team for the rest of this season
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

jakesanson wrote:
RELIABILITY:
Reducing by 1 point costs £4000, so reducing by 250 pts costs £1m, and by 1000 pts costs £4m.

ENGINE POWER:
Increasing by 1 bhp costs £100k, so increasing by 10 bhp will cost £1m.

CAR DEVELOPMENT.

Budget -Nordisch: £2.7m

RELIABILITY: £0.5m - Reduce 125 pts
ENGINE POWER: £0.5m - Increasing by 5 bhp

(new account balance Nordisch: £1.7m)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Budget -Kraft: £2.5m

RELIABILITY: £0.5m - Reduce 125 pts
ENGINE POWER: £0.5m - Increasing by 5 bhp

(new account balance Nordisch: £1.5m)
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team has tested the new configuration for the car, in the 'Rafaela speedway circuit' in Argentina, and we're very enthusiastic about the new performance of the car.

Our tests left an a very good feeling in the team and in the drivers.
Facundo and Max Ta have raced for 120 laps meanwhile Kamannen and Wright have been made 80 each one.

In any of the cars we haven't seen yet any reliability fail, but maybe in the race this will be sigthly different, we hope.

Anyway, our drivers are very happy and motivated to race in our home and also, they took a time to made some fully speed laps in Rafaela. Setting the pace of the day was Facundo, to 0.256 was Ariesta, 0.531 Kamannen and 0.687 Wright in what we're thinking that the Argentinean GP will be a very great for us all.'

Republica Grand Prix Management.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Unofficial Post

I suggest not to post any development in this topic, better use PMs instead. Well, at least there can`t be any espionage that way :lol:
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

The drivers: This category we believe that is not intended to be an a 'bad faith' category, if that will be in that way, we doesn't want to be in that. Our team accept the suggestion and maybe will be apply but we repeat, this is NOT a bad faith category so we doesn't make it any sense, take so much carefull about that.

After all, if you'll see that another category, the Formula 1, you have to find in the news all the news that the teams doesn't explain in any communicate. It just a matter to 'forbidden to forbid'. If we begin to put that's mistrustfulness in another, it wouldn't be and a good faith season and category, don't you?.

We respect any suggestions and we says thanks in the name of Republica to the mate who made that suggestion. Anyway, we have that review about that matter.

Thanks for the time and don't take this review as a offense, as we only want to say what our hearts inner believe.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC was recently encouraged by the words of the bosses of Republica, Minarae and Orchis and is in admiration of the teams' spirits at this early stage of the new-look championship.

"For 2009, our intent was to give new teams and drivers the opportunity to establish themselves, and the recent comments of the two team bosses in question, are a clear indication of the good nature of those people involved. We couldn't be happier with the way things are going, and are very proud of our "magnificent" acheivement. This championship was built to give people equal opportunities, and we believe it is working. We are proud of the teams and drivers we have welcomed, and hope they remain for the forseeable future."

Argentina races are tonight.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

COMET PEUGEOT SPORT
Comet.JPG
A GPWC team from 1997 to 2001 (just like Nagato), the team returns to the LWS, eager to return to GPWC. Their success was varied in the 5 seasons they were active, but this is a totally new era for the team and its drivers.

Jaime Lombardo (CDN)/Bruno Loeb (BEL)

DUBAI MERCEDES MOTORSPORTS
Dubai.JPG
One of the newest teams in the GPWC, active since 2007. Opted to step down a league to develop young driver talent rather than bid for championship success. A brighter future, and a more realistic target should give this team stability.

Neel Shambi (QAT)/Natalia Medina Gonzalez (ESP)

FOX GENIUS FERRARI CHINA
Fox.JPG
Been on the grid since '03, few wins and tougher challenges as each season developed. Stepping back may be the best way to get them publicity, and two new drivers that give them a brighter future will definitely help.

Dallas Rebecky (USA)/Xang Qi (CHI)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

HADDIX RACING COSWORTH
Haddix.JPG
Joined at the same time as Fox Genius, this German team has always been close to the front. Didn't want the new rules of '09 to be introduced, until they saw it was working. Given the chance to redeem its reputation, in the hope that they won't lose face.

Oliver Oelschlager (GER)/Susanne Maibert (AUT)

MWM AUSTRALIA COSWORTH SPORTS
MWM.JPG
Celebrating their 13th season in the GPWC, albeit one league below these days. It's a chance to evolve for a team that has always been the jokers of the field. Joining the LWS is an act of trying to win, and therefore be taken more seriously.

Kane Palmer (AUS)/Ba Mitchell (FIJ)

NEXTDRIVE MERCEDES ENGINEERING
Nextdrive.JPG
In 2002, this team was introduced as a developing team for Mercedes junior drivers. In the LWS, they will re-enact this role, principally working in association with the LeRon Sports team. Hence the no. 2 driver, and the Apple sponosrship deal.

Timo Laiti (FIN)/Sebastien Bourougsse (FRA)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

NP HOLLAND FERRARI SPORTS
NP Holland.JPG
A team that has always had Ferrari connections, and was set up by ex-GPWC race winner Jeno Vass. Now in its tenth year, is hoping that by stepping down, they give DRTW a chance to be the number one team representing their country. Vass and Jurg vd Woldenberg raced together in F3, so the friendship is quite strong!!!

Domonik Waijenberg (NED)/Patrick Goosens (NED)

TELEFONICA PRODAN PEUGEOT ESPANA
Prodan.JPG
Only four seasons of racing that were dogged by inconsistency and bad luck, have meant that this team has constantly been searching for a second chance. Spanish F3 titles aside, this team means business. A victory or two is more than likely.

Roldan Ricciardo (ESP)/Siso Soldado (ESP)

SCICILIA MASERATI SCUDERIA ITALIA
Scicilia.JPG
The story just keeps getting mroe interesting. Joined in 2006, underwent strange management shuffles early season, and was one of the four teams (along with MWM, Nextdrive and Dubai) that showed up in South Africa. Desperate to get back to GPWC.

Riccardo Alessi (ITA)/Stefano Sampietro (ITA)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SSANGYONG INDONESIA powered by HONDA
Ssangyong.JPG
A car manufacturer that's decided to use the Japanese giants Honda to get them started in the LWS as a brand new team. Nobody knows much about either of the two drivers other than some varied Japanese F3 outings. Could be winners, could also be nowhere.

Masami Toyoma (JPN)/Norio Narahasi (JPN)

EQUIPE VAILLANTE FRANCE
Vaillante.JPG
Named after the fictional racer Michel Vaillante, this French team has gone from a gimmick back in 2000, to serious racers. When they pulled out of GPWC in 2004, it was due to a project that took them to the Indy 500 and then Le Mans. Back for more, nobody is counting them out.

Laurance Papin (FRA)/Manu Bastide (FRA)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

YAESU RED BULL TOYOTA SPORT
Yaesu.JPG
Red Bull's contribution to the GPWC starts right here. An all-new team, set to take the world championships by storm. Backing from Toyota, a GPWC programme apparently ready for 2010, and the American-Japanese superstarlet Rena Hayami, who incredibly won last year's Indy 500. The dark horses of 2009.

Lewis Cool (TRI)/Rena Hayami (JPN)

ZECH TNT BELGIUM RENAULT SPORT
Zech TNT.JPG
Since 2006, this team has exchanged unpleasant words with Scicilia, who they consider to be their cheif rivals. A gutsy, no nonsense attitude has won them great credit from many in the sport. Now they go to war with Scicilia once more, with two Austrian drivers set for greatness in their own right.

Kurt Langer (AUT)/Franz Elssler (AUT)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

LOLA WORLD SERIES, Round 1, ARGENTINA, Buenos Aires

1. Kane Palmer (MWM)
2. Natalia Medina Gonzalez (Dubai)
3. Timo Laiti (Nextdrive)
4. Roldan Ricciardo (Prodan)
5. Dallas Rebecky (Fox Genius)
6. Jaime Lombardo (Comet)
7. Riccardo Alessi (Scicilia)
8. Domonik Waijenberg (NP Holland)

POLE: Dallas Rebecky (Fox Genius)
FL: Timo Laiti (Nextdrive)

So the 14th team on the grid in Argentina for GPWC will be........MWM!!!