GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Klon »

With two races gone, the website of Team Cyprus (www.gpwc_cyprus.com) has added a new feature: a small wav.-file with the best of Team Cyprus' team radio. Highlights of the first part include:

(*before the start at Kyalami*)
Team: "So, Yiasoumis, slowly to your position, stop the car and activate the start aids..."
Mertakis: "And then I drive when the lights turn green?"
Team: "Yes, you have understood the rules."

(*Kafatos gets lapped and passed at the same time*)
Team: "You need to let Leuenberger through, good ... no, no, no, oh *beep*..."

(*after Giambattista Regazzi took a corner way to fast due to his brake failure*)
Team: "There's something wrong with your brakes."
Regazzi: "Oh really. I would have never guessed."
Team: "Yes, the telemetry shows us some wrong values, pit now."

OT: Just something I thought of, because I was bored. :-)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC would like to inform the Republica and DRTW teams that the four-car rule is now no longer viable to continue in this year's championship. Both teams will have to choose which two of their drivers will continue to race for the time being.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team acknowledge the report. So, our decision it's a very easy thing. As you know, the next race we will have a great quantity of improvements, so we agree to have an race-replacement.

Our Argentinean race Lineup its:
Facundo Daniel Baru (31) / Massimiliano Ariesta (32)

We highly recommend to the GPWC re read our latest communicated before this, in order to know our questions, because our team really await your response.

All about the improvements and the reliability points. If we doesn't recieve any answer before the Argentinean GP, we refuse to run until we recieve an answer, because for us it's a very important thing the reliability of the cars.

Thanks for all.
Have a nice day. '
Republica Grand Prix Management.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

NEWS FLASH

The Transition-Mercedes team has revealed that it's signing of Owen Smith was a "TXM-esque" red-herring to sign another driver. After Gabriele Toccacello stormed out of the Nordisch team, having been dumped in favour of Vincent Hattenberger due to his "fiery temperament" as the Italian himself puts it, Transition stormed in and signed the Italian alongside Caleb Liu for what is likely to be a two-year deal.

Toccacello:
"I was disappointed not to be signed permanently by Nordisch, but I believe with Transition I have a genuinely good home."

Transition team boss Lewis Page:
"When we realised he was free, all it took was one phone call. We believe we can give Gabriele a car that can win him the World Championship in 2010."
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

A reminder to the teams about CAR DEVELOPMENT.

RELIABILITY:
Reducing by 1 point costs £4000, so reducing by 250 pts costs £1m, and by 1000 pts costs £4m.

ENGINE POWER:
Increasing by 1 bhp costs £100k, so increasing by 10 bhp will cost £1m.

After Colombia, several teams need to use their money to make adjustments. DRTW and Republica have not made any yet.

Republica: £4.2m
Nordisch: £2.7m
DRTW: £1.625m
Orchis: £1.275m
FK Systems: £1.2m
LeRon Sports: £1.15m
Nagato: £900k
SME: £100k
Minarae: £100k

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The following teams will have to start the Argentine Grand Prix and therefore the rest of the season from scratch:

Transition, Kraft, Team Cyprus, and FK Junior GP.

Minarae and Orchis have already carried out their car updates.

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Statement:

' Our team want to upgrade the reliability so of our available founds ( 4.2 ) we want to:

1m - Reduce 250 Pts. of Reliability
1m - Improve 10bhp. of engine.

We want to use fairly our budget so that's the only one for now.
Thanks for all.'

Republica Grand Prix
Deep Purple in 70's
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

LeRon MotorSports Press Release:

----TOPIC #1----
Due to a broken hand, Harold Fisher is not able to race the next races. The accident happened yesterday within the monocoque of one of our race-simulators. USA-talent timothy MacGibbons will drive untill Fisher's hand is haled.

----TOPIC #2----
Our engineers were able to improve our car! We think that our reliability had improved. We also got a engine-update by Mercedes which promis to have 5 bhp more.
- . -
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

DRTW-Viper Team:

We had a nice time with 4 cars but the rules has been changed....
With a great quali MORENO will stay in the cars, and also the youngst of the family Rick vd Woldenberg will stay in the car...

Our test driver did a really good job scoring some points in the last race, she will be back in the futere, but know shes working on the test track to get the car quicker.

The Oldest of the family, Jurg will quit racing and will be the new Technical Manger.

We also spend 400.000 in reliability witch is 100 point...
Mercedes deleverd a new engine for Viper it cost 500.000 witch has 5 bhp more then the last
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

SME Volkswagen has decided to drop it's No. 2 driver Lewis Cool, at the young Red Bull driver's request.

Trinidad's top driver feels he has been pushed too hard in the first two races, and can't quite keep up with the pace of things at this level. The team will retain him as test driver.

His place will be taken by the experienced Finn, Elio Lahikkanen who has taken one win so far in his career. This will also give our French rookie Linvoy Nonda added confidence, after his brilliant second place at Kyalami.

OTHER NEWS

Having received 13 strong entries, the current grid will be given permanent seats for the remainder of the season. Any new teams that enter will be put into a pre-qualifying session to determine who gets the 14th slot.

The new championship, "The Lola World Series" starts in Argentina and the grid for it will be revealed later today. As we have already previously stated the team that wins each race will be given a slot in pre-qualifying sessions for the race. For Argentina, it means that the winning team from The Lola World Series will take the 14th slot on the grid unless any new teams appear before tomorrow.

If any teams would like to let their test drivers compete in this exciting new feeder championship, let me know ASAP and the first race (tomorrow) will feature them in teams with a good link to your own (contractually), and this can in turn improve their skills for the game.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Starting Budgets for new teams:

Kraft: £2.5m

FK Junior: £1m

Everyone else has currently used their budgets to make adjustments to their cars for Argentina. Please keep an eye on the money you're spending as it's difficult for me to keep control of. I am aware of your prize money race-by-race, but it's tough for me to keep track of everything else.

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

LeRon MotorSports is proud to announce: Sebastien Bourougsse will race in the The Lola World Series with the team's fith car.
- . -
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

DRTW-Viper

Our manager has good hopes that he can find a seat for our test driver, Natalia Medina Gonzalez (spa), in The Lola World Series. It will be good for her development as a racing driver. We are sure she can win races in the new World Series and get ready for the big work.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Here is the Argentine 2009 Grand Prix World Championship entry list:

Minarae-Misfire
Mark Rugen (GER)/Jorg Mannsperger (AUT)

Orchis-Honda
Ukyo Okazaki (JPN)/Sophia Lavaggi (ITA)

DRTW-Viper
Jaime Moreno (BRZ)/Rick van der Woldenberg (NED)

Team Cyprus-Renault
Kostas Kafatos (CYP)/Giambattista Regazzi (ITA)

SME-Volkswagen
Elio Lahikkanen (FIN)/Linvoy Nonda (FRA)

LeRon Sports-Mercedes
Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (SWE)/Timothy MacGibbons (USA)

FK Systems-Honda
Rickard Alingas (SWE)/Patrik Pafvelsson (DEN)

Republica-Alfa Romeo
Facundo-Daniel Baru (ARG)/Massimiliano Ariesta (ITA)

Nordisch-Renault
Maarja Snel (NED)/Fiete Pret (GER)

Kraft-Porsche
Leszek Leuenberger (HUN)/Vincent Hattenberger (BEL)

Transition-Mercedes
Gabriele Toccacello (ITA)/Caleb Liu (MAL)

Nagato-Volkswagen
Yiasoumis Mertakis (CYP)/Herbie Huckett (USA)

FK Junior-Honda
Nico Widelinger (GER)/Ryan Miller (USA)

The 14th team will be the winners of the Lola World Series race. Here are the 13 teams taking part in LWS 2009.

Vaillante-Renault (based at Le Mans)
Yaesu-Toyota (based at Suzuka)
Dubai-Mercedes (based at Abu Dhabi)
Comet-Peugeot (based at Dijon)
Scicilia-Maserati (based at Enna-Pergusa)
Fox-Ferrari (based at Shanghai)
Ssangyong-Honda (based at Sentul)
Haddix-Cosworth (based at Lausitzring)
MWM-Cosworth (based at Bathurst)
Nextdrive-Mercedes (based at Alastaro)
NP Holland-Ferrari (based at Assen)
Prodan-Peugeot (based at Valencia)
Zech TNT-Renault (based at Chimay)

All driver line-ups will be unveiled later. If you would like your spare and test drivers to race in the LWS, tell me who they are and I'll see they get the best drive for their contracts. (So I won't put a Mercedes powered driver in a Ferrari!!!) The LWS race will take place Wednesday evening. THE GPWC race will be later that night.

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'The drivers division has already taken a posture about the new F3000 Lola Series:

"Republica GP doesn't want what any of it's own test drivers ( A. Kamannen and D. Wright ) join to the new category.
Our decision it's based in order to help to the development of our GPWC cars. We imperiously need of our drivers and they cannot put in another series. So we will count in the GPWC Season as ocasionals replacements for our primary drivers. - Fernando Ruiz, Drivers Chief"
Deep Purple in 70's