GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Conference:

Facundo Daniel Baru: Again a 7th place. Great result for a awful race. Dennis can't Qualifiy, Ariesta who was doing a superb race retires along with Kamannen who too was making an excelent job. I think that we must check our reliability things. It's a very difficult thing, very so.

Massimiliano Ariesta: Again a reliability problem. What a shame!. Well, congrats to Facu, but this its a veru bad problem. We must do something or we were very pased by all the rest of the field.

Alexis Kamannen: WHOA! Im feeling very happy, althrough i cannot finnish but well, i was doing a very good race. Thanks for the team and thanks to the team.

Dennis Wright: Im very dissapointed. My very first opportunity lossed by a pity luck. I have no words, im very sad and very complain about my car.

R.GP Management: Our cars again suffers differents problems cause by a very bad reliability. We must improve our car for the next race and we'll doing. Also, how can we improve our reliability? What ways we have? A question for the GPWC Management.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Nagato Grand Prix claims to have signed Ukyo Okazaki of Japan, who is currently contracted to Orchis-Honda!!

Seems like some arguments are due to happen!!

I will announce the prize money, as well as championship positions during the day on Monday.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
2 cars being able to win, 2 cars out early. Not really a raceweekend we would have wished for. Seems like we have to improve the reliability fast. We feel sorry for our drivers, due they did a great job, but we failed to provide proper equipment.

Orchis:
The 2nd place is amazing! The team was very happy and the following party lasted until the the next morning.
We will take a close look at the contractional situation of Okazaki, buit he has a valid contract for this season. This situation is definitaly not good.
As stated earlier Honda wishes to contract Okado as 2nd testdriver, just to be sure to have a japanese hotspot in the team.
We need to analyze the problems of the car, our cars don`t hold as they should at the moment but this seems to apply for the entire field. This season isn`t won by the fastest team, the most reliable team will make it.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Updated the Excel-file for fast calculation of development
Attachments
GPWC.zip
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Last edited by MaxX on 05.10.2009, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

jakesanson wrote:Nagato Grand Prix claims to have signed Ukyo Okazaki of Japan, who is currently contracted to Orchis-Honda!!
OT: Oh, shit! Sorry, guys.... :oops:

Wrong news caused anarchy in the paddock

Due to a wrong news statement, Ukyo Okazaki has been declared to have sign a contract with Nagato Grand Prix. This, of course, is not true. The truth is, that another famous name has join the team ... Herbie Huckett (USA). With immediate effect, Kay Lon withdraws any statement regarding the signing of Ukyo Okazaki and has sent a gift basket as an apology to the staff at Orchis-Honda. "Somebody's gonna get soooo fired for this.", he said to a local reporter.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Drivers still available in the drivers' market:

Mark Schllinger, Tero Laiti, Elio Lahikkanen, Owen Smith, Wayne Donington, Tim Holland, Silvio Winterthur, Hendrik Simba, Laurance Papin, Riccardo Alessi, Navdeep Saini, Roman Sennikov, Fillippo Ricardo, Oliver Oelschlager, Alan Daly, Ludwig van Richter, Phillip Lunabba, Skip Garrett, Andrea Onischenko and Tomas Sainz.

All of the drivers that don't find immediate drives in the GPWC have been offered a lifeline, with a new feeder series to the GPWC.

The championship will be called "The Lola World Series" since the cars will all be built by British manufacturer Lola and run to GP2/Formula 3000 regulations.

The thirteen teams have already been selected for this category. And as an extra bonus, the winning team from each event will be entered into pre-qualifying for that weekend's GPWC event. This will not only boost grid numbers, but will give young drivers support in attracting the attention of GPWC team bosses.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

MäxX wrote:Updated the Excel-file for fast calculation of development
Are you free to do all the necessary calculations for prize money race-by-race? Partly because you're good at this sort of thing, and secondly because with my daughter running round and round in circles, I can't always keep up with it!

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

jakesanson wrote:
MäxX wrote:Updated the Excel-file for fast calculation of development
Are you free to do all the necessary calculations for prize money race-by-race? Partly because you're good at this sort of thing, and secondly because with my daughter running round and round in circles, I can't always keep up with it!
Yes, in the results tab are some hidden columns used for money per race calculation ;) Just make them visible again

I can make a special version for you supporting more than 2 teams, or simply provide the info you want to have, would be no prob
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

LeRon MotorSports

Press release:

The budget problem is solved!

Finally team's CEO Henning Fisser was able to find a sponsor for the team: The Apple Inc. got their premium partner - the contract was signed last Saturday. This deal avoided the sale of the team. Now the livery gets desiged and will be ready soon.
- . -
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team finished the last weekend with so many complains about the car, that we desided to put some improvements in the car.

Our main problem was:
Transmission, Suspension, Ground-effect, Tyre temperature and Engine fails

Between with Alfa Romeo, we already were working in a second design and so, we decided to do an 'massive attack' to our main problems, so:

Our solutions were:
Improve the Transmission technology (Hewland VGC) of 6-speeds.
Improve our suspesions technologies (Ilmor-Chrysler).
Improve our engine (Alfa Romeo V12 AR153-n).
Improve our tyre technology (Dunlop special tyres).
Improve our wings (Republica GP Technologies).

With this solutions, we will send our next cars to GPWC Management, together with our Argentinean livery in this day. We'll hope to get a very good improvement for the Argentinean race and anothers as well.

Our drivers lineups for Argentinean GP:
Team 1: Facundo Daniel Baru (31) / Massimiliano Ariesta (32)
Team 2: Dennis Wright (33) / Alexis Kamannen (34)

Also, we need imperiously the information about the 'Reliability points'. The price, what are they are, and that.

Nothing more, have a nice day.'

Republica Grand Prix Management
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

A amazing Qualifying result. The four car rule was a piece of luck for us.
The first pole for our team, many thanks to Gabriele Toccacello.
Leszek Leuenberger's win is much more than expected. =D> =D> =D>
The fifth place for rookie Maarja Snel is a sensation.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

@GPWC
The next GP we want to start with two teams, if legitimated!?!

Nordisch - Snel -Priet

and:

Kraft - Porsche

Driver: Vincent Hattenberger
Leszek Leuenberger
Bridgestone

http://grandprix2.de/temporaer/NordischKraft.zip

No agreement with Gabriele Toccacello.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Some cars are really hot, I hope there will be a carset available after this season is completed =D>
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Team Presentation:

(Hamburg) All Drivers, the CEO and many crewmembers celebrated the presentation of the LR FC01 - the LeRon Formula Car 01.

Today LeRon MotorSports showcasted their livery and all drivers for this season. There is one new name with the already known: Sebastien Bourougsse. The French won the Formula 3 and a test in a GPWC car. Apple, who got the premium-sponsor of the team, also supports the team in technical questions and delivers the electronic system of the car.
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC is delighted to hear about the rescue of the LeRon Sports team and is thrilled to hear of new entrants to the GPWC since Colombia. In Argentina, it is quite likely that we will see the season's first pre-season qualifying session.

TRANSITION-MERCEDES
A team that is purely entering for the fun factor, will launch their new car at their first race, round 3 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

"We don't intend to win. We intend to race, and that is an important difference to us." The British rock band Transition who recently moved out to Taiwan is the main sponsor and name holders of the team, although in reality the team is being fronted by Rainbow Engineering which has been running in Formula Nippon for the last ten years.

The team has bought Caleb Liu out of his contract with SME's testing programme to lead the team, with British racer Owen Smith as his team-mate. Oliver Oelschlager, a long-time Mercedes driver in both the DTM and GTs will be the team's test driver.