GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team isn´t in any condition to make another team because we haven´t the necesary founds to do that task, so we only can put a second lineup under our own badge and race with that.
It it's a very good idea, but isn't comfort for us all. In any case, we can put off our 2nd lineup and let that empty for a new team.

Have a nice day.'
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

HIGHLIGHTS FROM COLOMBIAN GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING
Jaime Moreno impressed for the DRTW team.
Jaime Moreno impressed for the DRTW team.
Massimiliano Ariesta worked very hard for the Republica team.
Massimiliano Ariesta worked very hard for the Republica team.
Fiete Pret in his first qualifying session for Nordisch.
Fiete Pret in his first qualifying session for Nordisch.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Natalie Medina Gonzalez was exceptionally quick in the DRTW.
Natalie Medina Gonzalez was exceptionally quick in the DRTW.
Alexis Kamannen was fairly quick in the Republica.
Alexis Kamannen was fairly quick in the Republica.
The TXM car has definitely got quicker since Kyalami, as Yiasoumis Mertakis found out.
The TXM car has definitely got quicker since Kyalami, as Yiasoumis Mertakis found out.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Nico Weidlinger enjoyed his first qualifying session in the FK Systems car.
Nico Weidlinger enjoyed his first qualifying session in the FK Systems car.
The very quiet LeRon Sports team struggled, even with an impressive showing from Bjorn Makki-Ohlson.
The very quiet LeRon Sports team struggled, even with an impressive showing from Bjorn Makki-Ohlson.
Gabriele Toccacello shone in qualifying, stamping his authority in the new Nordisch.
Gabriele Toccacello shone in qualifying, stamping his authority in the new Nordisch.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

COLOMBIAN GRAND PRIX, ROUND 2
Qualifying

Wow! What a session! The field is so close, blink and you'd miss them!! All 28 cars were covered by an incredible 1.136 seconds!!

Unfortunately the two drivers that didn't make the race were:

Harold Fisher (LeRon Mercedes) and Dennis Wright (Republica Alfa Romeo)

And so pole position for the Colombian Grand Prix is.......

GABRIELE TOCCACELLO!!!

An astonishing first pole position for the rookie of 2008. Now he wants his race seat to be a permanent one!!!

Congratulations should be made to team-mate Leuenberger who joins him on the front row!!

Notable drives from Ariesta who brilliantly made the top 10, Kamannen and Snel who did well on their debuts, Regazzi 14th on his return, and his team mate Kafatos who was 16th, both TXM drivers showing how much their car has improved since Kyalami. Also great runs from Moreno and Pafvelsson, both in new drives, and Natalie Medina Gonzalez who outclassed the TXM cars of LeCoute and Mertakis, both of whom were still only under a second off the pole!!

Here's the grid in full:

1. Gabriele Toccacello (Nordisch-Renault)
2. Leszek Leuenberger (Nordisch-Renault)
3. Jaime Moreno (DRTW-Viper)
4. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae-Misfire)
5. Rickard Alingas (FK Systems-Honda)
6. Mark Rugen (Minarae-Misfire)
7. Linvoy Nonda (SME-Volkswagen)
8. Ukyo Okazaki (Orchis-Honda)
9. Sophia Lavaggi (Orchis-Honda)
10. Massimiliano Ariesta (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
11. Patrik Pafvelsson (FK Systems-Honda)
12. Alexis Kamannen (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
13. Maarja Snel (Nordsich-Renault)
14. Giambattista Regazzi (TXM-Volkswagen)
15. Rick van der Woldenberg (DRTW-Viper)
16. Kostas Kafatos (TXM-Volkswagen)
17. Facundo-Daniel Baru (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
18. Natalie Medina Gonzalez (DRTW-Viper)
19. Nico Weidlinger (FK Systems-Honda)
20. Alphonse LeCoute (TXM-Volkswagen)
21. Yiasoumis Mertakis (TXM-Volkswagen)
22. Fiete Priet (Nordisch-Renault)
23. Lewis Cool (SME-Volkswagen)
24. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (LeRon-Mercedes)
25. Jurg van der Woldenberg (DRTW-Viper)
26. Ryan Miller (FK Systems-Honda)

DNQ. Harold Fisher (LeRon-Mercedes)
DNQ. Dennis Wright (Republica-Alfa Romeo)
First 15.JPG
Last 11.JPG

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

A new team is being launched in time for the Argentine Grand Prix at Buenos Aires, which will either mean one team will lose two of its cars, or if the four car teams can split into two seperate teams, will mean the introduction of pre-qualifying for the first time this year for teams that have NOT scored points in the championship.

The team will be named after British-Asian rock band "Transition".

Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

I have a question regarding this new team we're supposed to built. Would it be possible to switch with engines between the teams once, as I would want to have the "success-focus" on TXM, but on the other hand, I'd like to have this new team remotely competitive.
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Conference:

'Our team it´s very dissapointed because althrough Ariesta again make the pace and set a 10th position time ( and also, make a very very good time ) Kamannen do a great job too but Facundo it's continuing its bad results in qualify. We feel very sorry about Wright because we understand that our driver has a very good conditions to make a good time as he it's full recovery but well, we have to work really hard for the race and the next race.

Have a nice day!
'

Republica Grand Prix Management
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Klon wrote:I have a question regarding this new team we're supposed to built. Would it be possible to switch with engines between the teams once, as I would want to have the "success-focus" on TXM, but on the other hand, I'd like to have this new team remotely competitive.
I think that's OK, so long as nobody as else has a problem with that.
facu989x wrote:Our team isn´t in any condition to make another team because we haven´t the necesary founds to do that task, so we only can put a second lineup under our own badge and race with that.
It it's a very good idea, but isn't comfort for us all. In any case, we can put off our 2nd lineup and let that empty for a new team.
The GPWC would like to entend an invitation to support the Republica Grand Prix team in making two of their drivers form a "junior" team (like Red Bull and Toro Rosso). My suggestion is a slight change in colour scheme, so that we'll know which team is which.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

GO GO GO!!!

Start:
The race is on! Toccacello and Leuenberger beat the Minaraes off the line, no incidents behind. Great start by Ariesta, up to 7th.

Lap 1:
Toccacello and Leuenberger start a two-lap "battle royale" for the lead, neither one giving way to the other!!!

Lap 3:
Ariesta passes Moreno for 6th, but the battle rages between them for several laps. Leuenberger loses ground to Toccacello, allowing Mannsperger through to second!!
Mannsperger gets through to second place.
Mannsperger gets through to second place.
Lap 4:
WHAT A MOVE!! Leuenberger grabs second place back!!!
Leuenberger duels with Mannsperger.
Leuenberger duels with Mannsperger.
Lap 5:
Cool is the race's first retirement, with a blown engine.
Lewis Cool retires.
Lewis Cool retires.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Lap 9:
TXM's LeCoute is out with a broken transmission.

Lap 10:
Mannsperger pulls ahead of Leuenberger, while Rugen is passed by Nonda in a thrilling duel for 4th. Rick van der Woldenberg retires with electrical failure.
"Ricki" is out.
"Ricki" is out.
Lap 15:
Awful lap for retirements, all mechanical. Rugen and Moreno both pull out, along with a furious Ariesta and Weidlinger.

Lap 27:
Nonda is out. Mannsperger beats the Nordisch cars out of the pits after the first stint is over.

Lap 39:
Half distance, and Makki-Ohlson and Jurg van der Woldenberg are both out.

Lap 40:
MANNSPERGER IS OUT!! That's the race leader, with an engine failure!!

Lap 41:
OH MY GOSH, THAT'S TOCCACELLO!!! HE'S OUT AS WELL!! The engine has died. Pafvelsson is out on the same lap with similar problems.
Pafvelsson retires.
Pafvelsson retires.
Lap 48:
Leuenberger leads the race from Okazaki, Lavaggi, Alingas, Snel, Regazzi, Priet and Medina Gonzalez.

Lap 53:
Okazaki makes his final pitstop from the lead, handing it over to Leuenberger once again.
Leuenberger takes the lead after all the pitstops.
Leuenberger takes the lead after all the pitstops.
Lavaggi retires from 3rd place.

Lap 55:
Regazzi and Kafatos are not under team orders as they battle for 6th in their TXMs, as Kamannen retires.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Lap 58:
Priet retires. Only 10 cars remain.

Lap 60:
Regazzi's luck runs out, as he suffers brake problems. He pits to cure it dropping a place.
Regazzi pits to fix his brakes.
Regazzi pits to fix his brakes.
Lap 68: 10 to go. Leuenberger leads Okazaki, Alingas, Snel, Medina Gonzalez, Kafatos, Regazzi and Miller. Only Baru and Mertakis are still running behind them.

Lap 71:
Snel runs wide dropping to 6th.

Lap 74:
Kafatos brilliantly braves the odds resisting race leader Leuenberger, eventually allowing himself to be lapped. Unfortunately Snel gets by for 5th.
The battle of the Nordischs and Kafatos.
The battle of the Nordischs and Kafatos.
Lap 77:
KAFATOS IS OUT!! Cruel luck!!

Lap 78:
LEUENBERGER WINS!! His third career win was a brilliant performance!
Leuenberger wins!!
Leuenberger wins!!
Okazaki is 2nd, from Alingas, Medina Gonzalez, Snel, Regazzi, Baru, Miller and Mertakis.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

NEWS FLASH!!!

The GPWC has been sent a request to put the LeRon Sports team up for sale.

This shock news comes after unfortunate performances in their first two races. The team is already being acquired by Transition Motorsports who will continue to use their Mercedes power units, and will be unveiled officially tomorrow.

Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Kay Lon was more happy now after his team has showed to be much more competitive in Columbia. While LeCoute's and Kafatos' retirements were "really unfortunate", Giambattista Regazzi had a very good comeback and managed to score against the odds of his bad luck which gave him a brake failure. "We really saw a prime example of experience here", his team mate Yiasoumis Mertakis praised. Mertakis himself just missed out on scoring further points, for which he blames noone but himself: "I should have been faster in the later stages of the race to use the retirements".

Later that day, after the news that the four car idea will be scrapped in favour of supporting new teams hit the paddock, Kay Lon announced later that evening that he has decided to take one of these open spots to create a rookie team. But he takes an interesting choice. Instead of a usual B-Team, he brings an old and famous team back to the surface of modern motorsport: Nagato Grand Prix is back in buisness.

A famous team in the middle and late 90es, Nagato Grand Prix, founded in February 1997 by the Japanese actress, Nozomi Nagato was a popular but not very successful team. As Yagato wasn't very successful with racing team management and finding sponsors, the team always had financial struggles, which led to the downfall before the third to last race of 2001. But on the other hand, the team was liked for it's extremely beautiful black liveries and it's raising of young talent. Rickard Alingas, VIncent Hattenberger and Jörg Mannsperger all had their first runs with the team. Despite the troubles, Nagato managed to win five times in the five years of its existence, mostly in Austria, were the team went unbeaten from 1998-2001 and one lucky victory in the Australian race of 2000.

Nozomi Nagato will be a representative of her old team, while Kay Lon will make the important decisions. This is showed by the fact that one of the drivers in none other than Yiasoumis Mertakis, the TXW-Volkswagen driver. While Mertakis is unhappy with the fact that he is send to the "second team", he showed a lot of respect for their "tradition". After a lot of contracting and dealing, these two teams now have different driver pairings with some new drivers joining the pack, a complete list in found further below. Susanne Maibert won't be a part of the GPWC project of Kay Lon, as she is having the opportunity to get a drive at Chip Ganassi Racing for the next season. "It's of course not good to lose her, but she needs to focus her attention completely on the Formula Atlantic to allow her making the next important step of her career.", Kay Lon, who is also her personal manager, said. The new drivers will be seasoned drivers Wolfgang Pollen and the famous star Herbie Huckett.

This team will be sponsored by Red Bull, the famous energy drink. The company known for its sport advertising has now made their first step in this series beside the sponsoring of individual drivers and the customers electronics company Aiwa. As the "mother team", the team will use Dunlop Tyres and the advanced front wing new in the Grand Prix World Championship.

On further note, the team Total Xtreme Motorsport will experience a switch in names, the team will now be known as Team Cyprus. In light of this surprinsing change, Volkswagen will now deliver a different team (Nagato Grand Prix), while Team Cyprus has signed an engine contract with Renault. Total Xtreme Motorsport will remain as the main company, resposible for delevoping chassis, updates and other parts of the car and actually manufacturing those.

Here's the look at the teams and their drivers:

- Team Cyprus Renault
#0: Kostas Kafatos (CYP)

#40: Giambattista Regazzi (ITA)

#T: Wolfgang Pollen, NOR, * 06.04.1971 (Hammerfest) - 38 Years Old
A championship contender in the Grand Prix World Championship seasons of 1995 and 1996 (22 GPWC wins), this son of a German motorcycle racer and a Norwegian housewive, this seasoned competitor left the motorsport scene after the end of his Grand Prix World Championship career and a few wasted years trying to repeat his fathers success in motorcycle racing in 2002. But after 3 years of retirement, he came back to give it a try at the 2005 24 Hours Of Spa, where he got third place in the G3 category. After that he ran occasionally in the GT1 series of the FIA GT Championship, where he actually managed to win three races. Now, this seasoned veteran will completely focus on using every bit of his long experience in open-wheeled and GT cars to aid Team Cyprus on their long journey to success.

- Volkswagen Nagato Grand Prix
#14: Yiasomis Mertakis (CYP)

#15: Herbie Huckett (USA)

#T: Alphonse LeCoute (FRA)
Last edited by Klon on 05.10.2009, 20:50, edited 2 times in total.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

FK Racing Systems is very happy about the fantastic result with two cars in the points! Rickard Alingas proofed his huge talent with a third place, while Ryan Miller was able to finish eight!

Further FK Racing Systems is exited to announce the start of a new team. In cooperation with it's partners Honda and Bridgestone and the backing of Repsol, Playstation and Playboy magazine it will lunch the "Junior GP-Team". The aim is to bring new talents into the sport and help them to get in touch with the high level of the GPWC. The drivers will be Ryan Miller and Nico Weidlinger, while scandinavian duo Rickard Alingas and Patrik Pafvelsson will continue to race the FK2 for the main-team.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project