GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC has passed the new four car per team rule, and the teams that are permitted to run four cars are:

DRTW, FK Systems, TXM, Republica and Nordisch.

LeRon Sports has failed approval due to the lack of communication recieved since the season start.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
We are unsure if the new 4 cars rule will help weaker teams, due it might be possible that some teams might be forced to watch the next gp while others take the starting money for their 2 cars. We don`t have to say that providing additional 2 more cars costs much more and could ruin weaker balanced teams.
Of course we will search for a second testdriver in case we also have to provide 2 additional cars.

Orchis:
It`s a pity we can`t run 4 cars next race but negotiations with SHIGEAKI OKADO have been started due Honda wants to have another japanese driver in our line-up. The new rule is hopefully positive for us midfield teams.
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

DRTW

First race was really sad with 2 DNF's. We will spend 50 % of our budget in development en reability. The people at the factory are working hard to get it done before te next race.

Since we are one of the teams who will run 4 cars in the next race, we will promote our test driver to 3th race driver. Also we will talk with JAIME MORENO to drive our 4th car.
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

According to rumors, Gabriele Toccacello has signed a contract with newcomers Total Xtreme Motorsport. While Kay Lon has admitted negotiations with Toccacello a few days ago, no result has been presented yet. Toccacello would get the fourth car which has been left open so far. Toccacello's manager hasn't stated anything yet, just as Toccacello himself, but the latter declared his interest in the team and his belief that Total Xtreme Motorsport has quite a chance for success.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

FK Racing Systems: The team would like to take PATRIK PAFVELSSON under contract, while the other car will be given into the hands of NICO WEIDLINGER, the current test driver of the team. Further FKRS appreciates the 4-cars-rule a lot.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'We're very pleasured about this decision made. We can run with 2 more cars, so we've taken a driver in our GP2 Team and we decided to give a seat to:

Alexis Kamannen (car 34) (FIN): 'Born in Oslo, the May 20th of 1980, our 4th drivers has a full book with success. Begining in karts, far in 1986, 'Kame' as we know him, win 3 consecutive titles in 1987-88-89 and later he moved to U.S.A in order to learn more and race. In 1990 he drove in F-Renault and win 2 titles in 1993 and 1994. In 1996 he race for Penske team in Indycar and win 2 more championships in 1998 and 2000. Later, he was test driver for Prost Grand Prix until it's dissapeared and moved to Mclaren Drivers Program. In 2005 he enter in GP2 with our team and won the 2007 World Championship of Drivers and help us to win the Constructors too. He in a first way, reject our offer to run this season in GPWC but now he is fully of interesting.'

Later we send you the helmet and our drivers line-up stay, FOR Colombia, in this way:

1st team: Facundo Daniel Baru & Dennis Wright
2st team: Massimiliano Ariesta & Alexis Kamannen.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.'
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC has taken all these issues into consideration, and will clarify the situation later today. However, the GPWC does want to make it clear that the four car rule is "temporary". The more new teams we receive, the less need there will be for four car teams. Once each new team enters, the highest point scoring four-car team will have to give up two of it's cars to make way.

The GPWC would also like to state that the four-car rule is being reviewed, and if any team owners have any suggestions how to sort things out so that all 14 grid slots are filled fairly, we would be delighted to hear what you have to say.

Toccacello's manager is in discussion with the GPWC about where he is likely to end up for the remainder of this season.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

There are two teams that have been trying to secure Gabriele Toccacello as their fourth driver:

TXM and Nordisch.

For the other teams, all the seats have been confirmed for Colombia:

SME Volkswagen: Linvoy Nonda (FRA), Lewis Cool (TRI)
Minarae Misfire: Mark Rugen (GER), Jorg Mannsperger (AUT)
Orchis Honda: Ukyo Okazaki (JPN), Sophia Lavaggi (ITA)
LeRon Mercedes: Harold Fisher (GBR), Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (SWE)
Nordisch Renault: Maarja Snel (NED), Fiete Priet (GER), Leszek Leuenberger (HUN), TBC
TXM Volkswagen: Yiasoumis Mertakis (CYP), Alphonse LeCoute (FRA), Kostas Kafatos (CYP), TBC
FK Systems Honda: Rickard Alingas (SWE), Ryan Miller (USA), Nico Weidlinger (GER), Patrik Pafvelsson (DEN)
Republica Alfa Romeo: Facundo-Daniel Baru (ARG), Massimilano Ariesta (ITA), Dennis Wright (GBR), Alexis Kamannen (FIN)
DRTW Viper: Rick van der Woldenberg (NED), Jurg van der Woldenberg (NED), Natalia Medina Gonzalez (ESP), Jaime Moreno (BRZ)

Toccacello has told the GPWC that he only wants to join a team that is committed to him permanently, so whichever team that hires him has to be willing to give him one of the 2 permanent drives in their team. TXM does currently have test driver Susanne Maibert waiting to take a drive, if Toccacello joins Nordisch.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The Colombian Grand Prix will take place Sunday night (GMT).

Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

GIAMBATTISTA REGAZZI SIGNED

The rumors were false ... or just particially true. Because yesterday, Kay Lon introduced his fourth driver for the season. The true part is that we will have an Italian in service for Total Xtreme Motorsport. But his name will be Giambattista Regazzi. The expierienced Italian will join the two Cypriot rookies and the GPWC-experienced veteran LeCoute. Regazzi, the famous qualifyier with a lot of bad luck, is very pleased with this opportunity.

"I would have never guessed to be in the series for another year after the dramatic changes at the end of 2008. I'm very exited about rejoining the championship at my favourite track in Columbia.", Columbia was actually very successful place for Regazzi. Never in his entire career has the Italian started outside the Top 5 at this venue. Especially in his 2001 debut season he made an impression by putting the weak Blacksmith on an amazing fourth place. His team mate at this time was ... Alphonse LeCoute. He is very happy to have his old team mate back and surely hopes to dominate him, unlike in 1002.

Mertakis and Kafatos will learn a lot from the Italian, especially Yiasoumis Mertakis is filled with joy: "Another expirienced driver will aid our team for sure."
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

TXM's announcement of the signing of Giambattista Regazzi frees up Gabriele Toccacello to join Nordisch, which the Italian has stated he'll do on the condition that he gets a full-time drive. This is a controversial stand to make, as Nordisch has already signed tow of it's factory drivers to the team. Gabriele is however pleased to stay with Leszek Leuenberger as his team-mate.

Colombian free practice will kick-start in half an hour.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Things have got even closer since Kyalami!! The entire field is now seperated by 1.58 seconds! Astonishing!!

Impressive performance by Rugen who was fastest, Alingas is 0.09 seconds slower, followed by the two new Nordisch cars of Toccacello and Leuenberger.

Some interesting results:

Kyalami winner Mannsperger only 7th fastest,
Weidlinger and Kafatos battling for 10th and 11th on their debuts,
Regazzi is 14th quickest on his return,
Both LeRon cars are a second off the pace,
constructors points leaders SME Volkswagen are only 13th and 23rd,
Moreno and Pafvelsson are 6th and 8th doing well for their new teams,
and Sophia Lavaggi whose seat at Orchis is under threat finishing up a career best 9th.

The Colombian Grand Prix is set to be a real thriller!!

AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Code: Select all

This is a controversial stand to make, as Nordisch has already signed tow of it's factory drivers to the team. 
Nordisch Racing: We will talk with Gabriele Toccacello and his Management on Monday.
Most likely VINCENT HATTENBERGER will drive in Buenos Aires
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The official part:

Minarae:
We are very happy with Mark`s performance and hope that his car will hold this time. Jorg has been slowed down in his fastest lap by a backmarker, maybe he still can deliver a great result.

Orchis:
A good performance in the qualify! The Honda engine is very strong and the team might manage to be in the points in the end.

==========================================
My personal oppinion:

I would prefer to have some players manage 2 teams instead one with 4 cars. It worked pretty well for the series by F1master and if new persons would like to join it should be no problem to drop or takeover a team. With an excel-file to calculate the stuff it is nearly no effort to manage to teams and make decissions ;)

btw, could you please update the driver pool posts so that we can see which drivers are still available? Thanks in advance :)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Yes MaxX, I like your idea!

If the managers of DRTW, TXM, Nordisch, FK Systems and Republica could make two of their four cars into a second team, preferably with different names, sponsors, engine and tyre suppliers, that would be excellent.

A new team is about to be confirmed for Buenos Aires (a second team from myself) more details will be released after Colombia. This would take the entrants up to 30, and introduce pre-qualifying for any teams that HAVE NOT scored points.