GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Conference:

Facundo Daniel Baru:'I´m very dissapointed with my own result because i was in a very good shape through all the practices and well, today in the Qualify i didn´t encounter the car in any moment. I hope to make a good race and well, do my best for my team and for me'.

Massimiliano Ariesta: 'Maybe my qualify wasn´t so good as the practice, but we´re very motivated to race. I´m feel very sorry for Facundo because he had some problems with the car. I felt that the car doesn´t feel so stable in the turns and well, we have some troubles there. I hope to do a good race and get an improving tomorrow.'
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

START:
Great start by ALingas who rockets away from the rest. Donington runs wide nearly causing a pile-up, otherwise everyone gets through cleanly.

LAP 2:
ALINGAS IS OUT!! Total disaster! The transmission's blown! Okazaki nearly collides trying to avoid him and goes off instead, nearly causing total mayhem on his return to the circuit (see below).
Alingas is out.JPG
Okazaki off.JPG
LAP 3:
The electrics die in the LeRon car as Fisher crawls to a halt.
Fisher off.JPG
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

LAP 4:
Cruel luck for FK Systems as Miller retires his Honda powered car.
Miller out.JPG
LAP 6:
Ukyo Okazaki's run in the Orchis engine blows. Is there a weakness in the Honda engine?
Okazaki out.JPG
LAP 10:
Laiti and Jurg van der Woldenberg are out with transmission failure.

LAP 16:
Pafvelsson is out.

LAP 20:
Out goes the second DRTW car, as well as Owen Smith with a puncture.

LAP 21:
LeCoute's suspension shatters, and the Frenchman is out.
LeCoute out.JPG
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

LAP 36:
By half distance the list of retirements is joined by Rugen, Lavaggi, Donington and Schllinger.

LAP 37:
Mannsperger leads the way from Lahikkanen, Nonda, Toccacello, Huckett, Ariesta, Moreno, and Cool.
half Distance.JPG
LAP 47:
Out goes second placed Lahikkanen!!!

LAP 52:
Huckett is out. Nonda now leads Mannsperger, Cool, Toccacello, Moreno and Leuenberger.

LAP 60:
Leuenberger and Makki-Ohlson are out crucially near the finish. Leuenberger is awarded 8th place, and the final point.

LAP 62:
Mannsperger beats Nonda out of the final pit-stop.

LAP 72:
MANNSPERGER WINS THE SOUTH AFRICAN GRAND PRIX!!!
Race won.JPG
1. Jorg Mannsperger (Minarae-Misfire) 10 pts
2. Linvoy Nonda (SME-Volkswagen) 8 pts
3. Jaime Moreno (Nextdrive-Mercedes) 6 pts
4. Gabriele Toccacello (Scicilia-Maserati) 5 pts
5. Lewis Cool (SME-Volkswagen) 4 pts
6. Yiasoumis Mertakis (TXM-Volkswagen) 3 pts
7. Facundo-Daniel Baru (Republica-Alfa Romeo) 2 pts
8. Leszek Leuenberger (Scicilia-Maserati) 1 pt

1. SME-Volkswagen (12 pts)
2. Minarae-Misfire (10 pts)
3. Scicilia-Maserati (6 pts)
= Nextdrive-Mercedes (6 pts)
5. TXM-Volkswagen (3 pts)
6. Republica-Alfa Romeo (2 pts)

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

PRIZE MONEY
Sponsorship money will be added to each team's total, except LeRon Sports who currently don't have any!! Sponsorship money adds up to half of what each team made during each race.

SME-Volkswagen
Starting Money: £100k
2nd place: £750k
5th place: £400k
= £1.25m
Sponsorship money: £625k
TOTAL: £1.875m

Minarae-Misfire
1st place: £1m
Fastest Lap: £100k
= £1.2m
Sponsorship money: £600k
TOTAL: £1.8m

Orchis-Honda
= £100k
Sponsorship money: £50k
TOTAL: £150k

TXM-Volkswagen
6th place: £350k
= £450k
Sponsorship money: £225k
TOTAL: £675k

LeRon Sports-Mercedes
= £100k
Sponsorship money: £0
TOTAL: £100k

DRTW-Viper
= £100k
Sponsorship money: £50k
TOTAL: £150k

FK Systems-Honda
Starting money: £100k
Pole Position: £100k
= £200k
Sponsorship Money: £100k
TOTAL: £300k

Republica-Alfa Romeo
Starting money: £100k
7th position: £250k
= £350k
Sponsorship money: £175k
TOTAL: £525k

Any issues that need clearing up, please ask.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

After the turn-out by 5 "temporary" teams at Kyalami, the GPWC is currently reviewing the list of entries, and is considering ditching all five of them.

In their place, the current grid would field two more cars each. The exception to this rule would be Misfire and Orchis, who are owned by the same manager.

If approval is given by the other teams, each team will run four cars until new teams arrive. The teams will then be wittled down to two cars once more, based on their constructor's championship placings. The team in the lead will lose it's third and fourth cars FIRST, to make the championship more even.

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
Winning the season opener is always a good start, but we have to keep in mind that Alingas would have been really hard to beat and FK Racing had the better pace today.
It`s a pity Rugen didn`t make it to the finishline, it seems that we also need additional testing for car reliability. Hopefully we can keep the pressure up.

Orchis:
Both cars out of the race is not really a result we had hoped for, but our pace seems to be quite competitive. Some points should be possible this season.
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Conference:

Facundo Daniel Baru: Whoa! What an excited raced! I'm very pleasing about my 7th position and our first points in this championship!. I felt very confident for the race and well, very helped by the retirements too, i found in a very good finish position. Its a shame that Max Ta can't finish but well, things what happened.

Massimiliano Ariesta: I felt very sad because my car can't finish but i'm very happy for the Facundo result. We need a realy improve in the car but we're in a good race. Congrats for the team and Facundo!
Deep Purple in 70's
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our team its very proud to have this nice results in the past race. We're very confident in that this will be a great season for us. Obviously, we're focused on the next race in Colombian and so that, we're going to send to GPWC Management our new livery with 2 new sponsors in order to follow our based-1-race deals:

Cafe de Colombia, COLPATRIA.

Also, we want to let know if we can race the next race with our 3rd driver Dennis Wright replacing Massimiliano Ariesta, just to give some kilometers and for he know better the car. Massimiliano will back in the 3rd race if you let us to make that change.

Last thing: If the GPWC Management can clear us some point we'll be very thankfully to they:

- Which parts can our design and development department upgrade.
- If we can put though the season some advantages to the cars.
- The 'reliability points' things ( as far we concerned, mean we've less Posiblity-to-retire points, better is, isn't ? ).

Thanks for your time!.
The Republica Grand Prix management.'
Deep Purple in 70's
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Kay Lon was not to happy with the weekend up to the last lap of the race. After Yiasoumis Mertakis scored points on his Grand Prix World Championship debut, his mood and the morale in the team improved significantly. But as the team owner stated, being dead last in the qualifying session is unacceptable.

Mertakis was overfilled with joy due to his points, it was truly a "wonderful experience" for him and the work of his team showed effect. The television ratings of this race on Cyprus television channel CyBC 2 were raised by incredible 300 % in comparison to the most successful race of 2008! LeCoute was not very happy with his entire pace on his return to the Grand Prix World Championship but he declared that he "could've gotten some points", if it hasn't been for his retirement.

Regarding the plans to introduce a third and fourth car for each team, Kay Lon declared his interest in having this rule change. His budget easily allows to wield four cars. For car number three, Kay Lon announced the following driver:

# 41: Kostas Kafatos, CYP, * 29.01.1979 (Famagusta) - 30 Years Old
- He was the close second place in the Karting tournament which earned Mertakas his slot. Older than Mertakas, he had spent lots of years rallying, which aids him in difficult conditions, where he excels and may actually by far the best driver on the GPWC grid.

For car #42, Kay Lon admitted that he has contacts to Gabriele Toccacello and Owen Smith.

On further news, a complety different livery may be in for Columbia as a deal with KEO is supposedly already signed.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

In answer to Republica's questions, please look at what your prize money can buy you in the rules of this championship. It will tell you everything.

I just need one more team to approve the four cars rule in order to gain a 50% majority, so that the rule can be passed. Orchis, Minarae and FK Systems have all had their cars upgraded since Kyalami.

AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Nordisch Racing

Dutch/German
Base: Ahlhorn, Großenkneten
Testtrack: Ahlhorn Airfield track

Engine: Renault
Tyres: Bridgestone

Maarja Snel (NED) 14.06.87 Rookie Driver
Maarja began her racing career in 2005 in the Belgian C1 Cup and scored twice.
In 2006, she won the BENELUX Formula Renault Winter Series, before finishing
fourth in the main championship the following year.
She missed the last two rounds after joining Team Netherlands for the A1 Grand
Prix series. She raced for them at three events and won the race in Dubai.
Snel moved up to the Formula 2 Worldseries for 2008, driving for Nordisch Racing.
She won the final three races of the season to clinch the championship.
She thus became the youngest title winner in championship history.
She then went on to test for the BMW Sauber team.
Snel competed in the 2008 Race of Champions, representing Team Netherlands.

Fiete Priet (GER) 30/05/88 Rookie Driver
Fiete started karting at 11 before moving up to Dutch Formula Ford 1800 in 2006.
He won all ten rounds of the season from pole and added four wins in the Formula
Masters Germany championship.
When Priet moved up to the Formula Opel ADAC championship in 2007 he finished
in second place in the series, with four wins.
He spent 2008 racing in Asia and won the All-Asia Formula Three Championship.
He showed a very strong performance all season.
He also finished second in the Macau Formula Three Grand Prix
The following season he stepped up to the Formula 2 Worldseries finished in second
place in the series, with three wins.
He won the De Ruijter Masters of Formula2 at Zandvoort.

VINCENT HATTENBERGER (BEL) 08/03/78 Test Driver

Nordisch Racing: Thanks to the FK's sportscar project for the help with the livery.
We hope you like what we have done with your unfinished work.

Nordisch Racing: We run our team in co-operation with the "Deutsche Post Speed Academy" and the "Sprite Junior Racers Club" Our short-term objective:learning,learning and learning.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC is glad to welcome the Nordisch Renault team to the 2009 series, and gladly allows them to have both their cars on the grid in Colombia. Once the GPWC has been officially sent their team's entry (livery and helmets) they are officially going to appear at Bogota.

"Nordisch is an exciting new addition to the GPWC grid, and we wish both their talented drivers all the best for this new season.

The GPWC is still awaiting news of the LeRon Sports updates, and for more communication from the DRTW team. Both teams have of late kept very quiet about their developments and movements in this series. The GPWC is saddened by this and hopes that both teams will be able to develop their cars sooner rather than later, in order to increase their chances in the championship.

Gabriele Toccacello and Leszek Leuenberger are both frightened that the new four car per team rule will not give them the chance they need to excel in this championship:

Toccacello: "I finished well in Kyalami and am a proven race winner. I do not want to miss this year as I believe given the right car I can compete for this year's championship."

Leuenberger: "I am really concerned about this rule. I need to race in the GPWC. If my team can't stay, I need to be part of a race-winning unit in order to prove my worth."

Smith, Donington, Moreno, Huckett, Lahikkanen, Schllinger, Laiti and Pafvelsson are all on the verge of losing their drives.

SME-Volkswagen and Minarae-Misfire will not be permitted from fielding four cars, due to the fact that their cars are currently leading the constructor's championship and have benefitted the most from Kyalami.

SME boss Jake Sanson:
"This is totally understandable. We want to compete in a series where we can race fair and square on a level playing field. I approve of the four car rule, even if we can't use it. It will make the GPWC more united, and could even encourage the ew teams we've all been hoping for to join."

AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Sprite Junior Racers Club: Gabriele Toccacello and Leszek Leuenberger are interesting candidates for our support program.
With the new four car per team rule we can offer them a new chance with Nordisch Racing.