GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by MaxX »

Minarae:
Our package seems to be more competitive than expected, the team hopes for a good season starter and hopefully some good points. It is great to see Allingas back in a competitive car, Rugen knows his tremendous speed just too well.

Orchis:
After some problems the team is happy to confirm it`s sponsors and the package seems to be good, hopefully the good pace can be turned into good results.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

FK Racing Systems is proud to announce it contracted swedish-ace Rickard Alingas. With the 3-times world-champion the team got an enormous boost in terms of speed and experience. "We hope we can give him a car, that matches his talent, so that he can go for the championship" team-head FK said.

Nico Weidlinger will compete in the FKRS-junior team in GP2-series this season and try to win the title there.

Meanwhile the new challenger, named FK2, is ready to roll out.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Massimiliano Ariestra in the all-new Republica Grand Prix car at Imola.
Massimiliano Ariestra in the all-new Republica Grand Prix car at Imola.
Rickard Alingas in the FK Systems car at Imola.
Rickard Alingas in the FK Systems car at Imola.
Our two newest teams joined the others as all six teams headed to Imola for a two day test, the penultimate test before South Africa. The final test will be in Barcelona later this week.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

I noticed a certain, well, let's call it "problem": what excactly is up with our history. No one really seems to know what's going on with that. Is the series completely new, has it got a long tradition or what is going on? I assume it's new, if it's not, I would "correct" LeCoute's profile to contain one or two years of the World Championship, seeing as his experience is supposed to be an advantage. And how exactly are we related to other series?

A short explanation would be very nice indeed. :-)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

A brief history of the championship will be published tomorrow.

IMOLA TESTING

1. Rickard Alingas (SWE) FK-Honda (1:21.154)
2. Jorg Mannsperger (AUT) Minarae-Misfire (1:21.210)
3. Mark Rugen (GER) Minarae-Misfire (1:21.216)
4. Ukyo Okazaki (JPN) Orchis-Honda (1:21.532)
5. Gabriele Toccacello (ITA) Scicilia-Maserati (1:21.665)
6. Linvoy Nonda (FRA) SME-Volkswagen (1:21.675)
7. Massimiliano Ariesta (ITA) Republica-Alfa Romeo (1:21.826)
8. Sophia Lavaggi (ITA) Orchis-Honda (1:21.887)
9. Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (SWE) LeRon-Mercedes (1:21.931)
10. Facundo Daniel Bacu (ARG) Republica-Alfa Romeo (1:22.027)
11. Harold Fisher (GBR) LeRon-Mercedes (1:22.041)
12. Leszek Leuenberger (HUN) Scicilia-Maserati (1:22.087)
13. Yiasoumis Mertakis (CYP) TKM-Volkswagen (1:22.149)
14. Ryan Miller (USA) FK-Honda (1:22.184)
15. Alphonse LeCoute (FRA) TKM-Volkswagen (1:22.198)
16. Lewis Cool (TRI) SME-Volkswagen (1:22.299)
17. Jurg van der Woldenberg (NED) DRTW-Viper (1:22.353)
18. Rick van der Woldenberg (NED) DRTW-Viper (1:22.394)

The GPWC has also got confirmation of a tenth entry which will be announced shortly.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press conference:

Facundo Daniel Baru: Certainly, we re very proud in that test, about the car performance. It was an completely powerfull performance, with a gap in the order of less than a second, so we re very proud and we can set the expectations a level up.

Massimiliano Ariesta: It was a very dreamed day. 7th in the General Qualifier, it was such as a great performance, an excelent overall for me and for the team. Im very happy to race in this team, and i wish the best for our weekend.
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press release:

'Our Development departament has sent to GPWC organizers our final livery for the first's races, and also we put a photo of our press kick-off in Imola.'
Attachments
GP2_0000.PNG
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The Grand Prix World Championship came about after a group of American racing drivers collaborated together to hold a charity race for Live Aid back in 1985 at the Caesar's Palace circuit in Las Vegas. It was designed for drivers who couldn't afford to climb the racing ladder, but who had the ability to race at Grand Prix level.

The race was won by an American, Grant Callaway after an exciting battle with Britain's Patrick Crawford.

After this incredible battle, a championship was devised for the 1986 season, that would run as an alternative to Formula 1. Drivers and teams were new and completely independent as were the racing venues. At that time, events were limited to 16 per year, but for 2009 that limit has been increased to 25 due to the new intensity of the series' interest.

Teams over the years have enjoyed great success with limited funds:

AAS, Minarae, MWM, Fox Genius, HF Racing and others have all tasted Grand Prix race winning success since 1986 in what has proved to be the most open championship at this level.

I will open a new thread this week and over the course of the next few weeks, I will be detailing some of the history of the championship, and some glory days of the past 23 seasons of racing.

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Our Merchandising department its very interested about the way in what the GPWC Management, rules about the Sponsors deals.

Our doubts exists because, our team has a based-1-race deal with certain Sponsors ( except the below mentioned ) and also, thats adverts will require a different car livery, so we want to know, how much liveries are allowed in this competitions.

Also, as you know, our never-moved sponsors for this year are: Escapes Elias, Hewlett Packard, TOSHIBA, Canon, LG, Agip, Alfa Romeo and Dunlop.

Without anymore we await your response.
Thanks for the time.

Republica Grand Prix Management.'
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The GPWC has no rules about sponsorship or liveries, other than that cigarette advertising of any kind is banned.

Any team may have as many different liveries throughout the year as they like. If they wish for these colour schemes to be used during the season, just send them to me!!

facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Post by facu989x »

Republica Grand Prix Press Release:

'Thanks for all the response. Our design department its working in some templates for our futures sponsors. Meanwhile we're preparing us all for our first race.

Good luck for everyone and have a nice day!.
'
Republica Grand Prix Management.
Deep Purple in 70's
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The teams have now flown out to South Africa! Any teams wishing to join this exciting new era for the GPWC, will now have to submit their entry for Round 2 in Colombia.

The entry list for South Africa is as follows:

LeRon Sports Mercedes:
Harold Fisher (GBR)
Bjorn Makki-Ohlson (SWE)

Dutch Racing Team Woldenberg Viper
Rick van der Woldenberg (NED)
Jurg van der Woldenberg (NED)

Total Xtreme Motorsport Volkswagen
Yiasoumis Mertakis (CYP)
Alphonse LeCoute (FRA)

FK Systems Honda
Rickard Alingas (SWE)
Ryan Miller (USA)

Minarae Motorsports Misfire
Mark Rugen (GER)
Jorg Mannsperger (AUT)

Orchis Racing Honda
Ukyo Okazaki (JPN)
Sophia Lavaggi (ITA)

Republica Grand Prix Alfa Romeo
Facundo-Daniel Baru (ARG)
Massimiliano Ariesta (ITA)

Scicilia Italia Maserati
Gabriele Toccacello (ITA)
Leszek Leuenberger (HUN)

Sanson Motorsport Engineering Volkswagen
Lewis Cool (TRI)
Linvoy Nonda (FRA)

Four more team line-ups will be announced later today.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The four new teams on the grid have all been given provisional places, which means that new teams will be given priority and will replace these teams depending on their performance:

MWM Grand Prix Cosworth
Owen Smith (GBR)
Wayne Donington (AUS)

Genius Grand Prix Cosworth
Tero Laiti (FIN)
Patrik Pafvelsson (DEN)

Dubai Racing Mercedes
Mark Schllinger (GER)
Elio Lahikkanen (FIN)

Nextdrive Motorsports Mercedes
Jaime Moreno (BRZ)
Herbie Huckett (USA)

The Scicilia Grand Prix team has also been given "temporary" status, due to it's position not being clarified before the start of this season. They have been given special permission to race, until five new teams have submitted entries.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

While each of the new eight teams have submitted entries, the LeRon Sports car has not been declared eligible for sponsorship prize money, as they have yet to present the GPWC with sponsorship deals. They will win championship prize money, but no sponsorship money until their new deals are announced.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

QUALIFYING FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN GRAND PRIX, Kyalami
First Fifteen.JPG
Last Eleven.JPG
Race Results tomorrow......