GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: GRAND PRIX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jakesanson »

Any team that enters the Silverstone tests will immediately improve their reliability by 50 points, as they have obviously had official development time. See the above message for details.

So far only two teams have entered......
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Does nobody else want to join before the season starts?

If not we'll have to use famous fictional teams from GrandPrix2.de, but I would like to see you guys competing for yourselves. If we start the season without you and there are some spaces, you will still be allowed to enter....
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Currently I have no time for this, sorry. Maybe I`ll join later
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Is it worth continuing with only two teams?

V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I think right now most of us are happy with the participation in the VF1-championship. VF1-championship. So the interest in a second series is not that big. But I like your idea, maybe it will work out later.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Well, I'd consider myself very interested, but I can't draw a car (or anything else) to save my live, so this championship drops outta contention... :cry:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Maybe I'll resurrect this idea some other time then. Maybe at Christmas.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Hey guys! With F1 Master's VF1 series temporarily out of action, maybe we can resurrect this fictional Grand Prix World Championship.

Just read the rules on previous messages, and if you want to enter then please submit your entries ASAP, although I will allow new teams to enter mid-season (why not?!).

Hope we can set this championship back in full swing.

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

If we do struggle for entries, I will submit teams from gp2.de's past (such as Bandeirantes, AAS, Fox, HF Racing, etc) until we can get your teams entered. Your teams would replace the ones I use.

I also have my own fictional drivers from a carset of my own standing by to fill race seats, and I will create a driver's market so that you can "buy" drivers, or even enter your own so long as they are NOT REAL DRIVERS!!!

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

SO, my team is already in ;)
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Provisional list of submitted entries for 2009:
(subject to submission of new entrants by October 2nd 2009)

AAS BMW
Atlantis Mitsubishi
Bandeirantes BMW
Blacksmith BMW
C-Racer Porsche
Comet Peugeot
Dubai Mercedes
Eichler Mugen Honda
FK Racing Lamborghini
Fornyne Proton
Fox China Ferrari
Genius Cosworth
Haddix Cosworth
Irvine Hyundai
Koskinen Mercedes
Lara BMW
LeRon Sports Mercedes* (already confirmed)
MWM Cosworth
Nextdrive Mercedes
Nightwolf Renault
NP Holland Ferrari
Prodan Peugeot
S-Sports Ferrari
Sicilia Maserati
SME Volkswagen
Tailgunner Cosworth
Zech TNT Racing Renault
Zenith Hyundai

There are 28 teams shortlisted here, so there will be two classes, the rules of how this works will be explained shortly. New teams will take priority over the teams listed here.

I will also put a ZIP file with the drivers market on here, so you can select your drivers. If you pick drivers with previous experience, you are more likely to win races, but if you do wish to submit your own drivers you will have to tell me how good they are (what is their history, which races have they won, age, etc) to make this fictional championship as realistic as possible. I will then send race-by-race carsets to Andreas if this works well.

Let's get racing!!

Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

Count me in, with my team.
Name, suppliers and sponsors will be unveiled within next week... (I'll be off this weekend ;) )
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Hawke
GP2 Starter

Post by Hawke »

I will take part as well. But 1 question:

My own team had Dodge Viper Engines, so is it possible that we have Mercedes engines witch will be branded as Viper (they are one company with DaimlerCrysler) of course I will pay for Mercedes engine.

I'll send my stuff this weekend.
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

At a press conference on late wednesday, Cypriot millionaire and known racing fan Kay Lon officially announced that the Grand Prix World Championship management has accepted his bid for a 2009 entry. With this, another team joins the new series.

Total Xtreme Motorsport

A Cypriot team which shall raise general interest in motor sport on the island. For this purpose, a young Cypriot rookie was searched in a long and hard carting tournament. This driver shall be taken to championship winning levels in the next few years. For this, K. Lon has gathered a team full of experience and hope. Engines will be supplied by Volkswagen and will be rolling on Dunlop tyres. The chassis itself has not been revealed yet as it is still being developed in the impressive wind tunnel build, almost without anyone noticing, near Limassol. The team's main sponsor will be LucasArts, further sponsors are ING, Trust and NBC.

On the very same press conference, K. Lon announced the three drivers for his team and the 2009 season.

#0: Yiasoumis Mertakas, CYP, * 13.09.1989 (Klonari) - 19 Years Old
- He is the winner of the abovementioned carting tournament held one year ago. While he is quite a huge talent, he lacks any type of experience. Kay Lon choosed to have him racing last season in a very exotic racing series, the Australian Formula 2. Especially early in his debut season he was plagued by rookie mistakes and technical problems, but he recovered strongly with a good number of wins to barely make it into the Top 5 of the series. Now he's very excited about his "chances in this very new series". His lack of knowledge and experience is a notable weakness but he has got a lot of undiscovered potential. Furthermore he is willing to learn and extremely motivated. On the other hand, he has a tendency to show too much respect towards older drivers.

#40: Alphonse LeCoute, FRA, * 25.01.1966 (Paris) - 43 Years Old
- This veteran behind the steering wheel has lived through a long career of touring cars and misfortune. After a "normal" carting career and some stints in Formula Ford and the BTCC in the late 80's, he ran in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft for most of the 90's, where he met the most of misfortune in regard to Formula 1 as he had the unlucky habit of always having contact with teams departing from F1 in short time. Andrea Moda was planning on having him run for the last race in 1993 and from then on in 1994, but the team got banned from the sport. A few years later, the legendary Ken Tyrrell promised to sign him for 1999, but the team became BAR and the promise didn't count for much. After spending 2000 and 2001 in the World Grand Prix Championship with Blacksmith he wandered around aimlessly, running in series as the Formula Truck in Brasil and the Mexican Formula Renault Championship before he "rebooted" his career by joining the Formula Super Vee, were he made contacts to VW, which certainly were not harming his shot with this team. His experience in different types of racing series, where he scored an impressive amount of wins but was with the sole exception of the Formula Super Vee which he won multiple times in the last years, never a real championship contender, is a crucial advantage as he has seen almost everything and knows how to act. He's also very consisent, but is therefore also not able to push beyond his few limits.

#T: Susanne Maibert, AUT, * 09.05.1986 (Wels) - 22 Years Old
- "Quite a promising young lady." - this description fits Susanne Maibert to an A. She managed to survive in the rough world of karting and soon joined the Formula BMW UK where she raced successfully but without waking some attention to her person. While she is the official reserve driver for the 2009 season, she will barely work with the team and concentrate her focus on the Formula Atlantic, where she got a cockpit due to Kay Lon's money. She hopes to be the first women to ever get a F1 podium place. She has got the talent but she still needs to improve, especially as she is extremely inconsistent and has barely enough technical knowledge to drive the car.

OT: I noticed a certain problem ... without email address, it's a bit tifficuld to send you the graphics.
Last edited by Klon on 30.09.2009, 20:04, edited 3 times in total.
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

My address is:

jakesanson@hotmail.com

The GPWC agrees with the Viper/Mercedes deal, although they will be rebadged "Viper".

The GPWC also welcomes Total Xtreme Motorsport, and it's drivers and commercial partners to the championship.

As a result of three new teams being given an entry, Eichler, Tailgunner and Blacksmith will no longer be granted entries for 2009.

Full list of the 50 drivers on the market for this series will be made available on Sunday.