Virtual F1 Championship (VF1)

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Klon
GP2 Starter

Re: Virtual F1 Championship (VF1)

Post by Klon »

Newsflash - 1991 (End Of Season)

--- Minardi ---
1991 was a little disappointment for the Italian squad and Kay Lon, their owner. With the new investments, the team hoped for 10 points at least, but unfortunately, this hope was false. "Only" 2 points left the team on position 9 in the championship. For the next season, the squad hopes to retain Pierluigi Martini for 1992, putting a new team mate, preferably Italian, with him.

--- AGS ---
What has been rumored to happen has happened, AGS has filed for bancrupty. The french squad has not done enough to keep the funding of Kay Lon which was virtually the only thing allowing the team to survive. Kay Lon is now looking for a new team to invest into. Eric Bernard shall be a driver of this new team, what happens to Van De Poele will be revealed later...
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 McLaren Presentation

Image Image

Owner : Hawke
Chassis : McLaren MP4/7
Engine : Honda 3.5 V12
Tyres : Goodyear
5 - Ayrton Senna (Brazil)
6 - Gerhard Berger (Austria)

Ayrton Senna "We had a difficult Season in 1991. But we really want to get back to the top in 1992. I really have big hopings for the Championship. We want to beat Williams"

Gerhard Berger "The new car seems to be extremly competitive - This Car is definetly a Race Winner - and hopefully we can also go for the Championship"
Virtual F1 Championship - Join It!!!
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Ferrari Presentation

Image Image

Owner : Gabriele
Chassis : Ferrari F92A
Engine : Ferrari 3.5 V12
27 - Alain Prost (France)
28 - Riccardo Patrese (Italy)

Alain Prost "After this really, really, really difficult 1991 Season, i am hopefully that we can do much better. I hope Gabriele is the right guy to lead us to the Championship"

Riccardo Patrese "I think, Gabriele definetly is the right man :!: I love the F92A and i am sure i can win some races this year :!: "
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Tyrrell Presentation

Image Image

Owner : HF
Chassis : 020C
Engine : Honda 3.5 V12
3 - Johnny Herbert (Great Britain)
4 - Mika Häkkinen (Finland)

Johnny Herbert "Well, this will be my Second season for Tyrrell. Last years Race at Monaco was simply great. We just altered the Car a bit. But i am very satisfied with it. Maybe we can surprise once more"

Mika Häkkinen "To tell you the truth, i was a little bit surprised when Tyrrell gave me that call. It is great that somebody believes in me. I want to give something back on the track."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Brabham Presentation

Image Image

Owner : -
Chassis : Brabham BT60B
Engine : Judd 3.5 V10
7 - Damon Hill (Great Britain)
8 - Giovanna Amati (Italy)

Damon Hill "I am really sorry for Lotus, but i had to take this opportunity to drive the Brabham. I think we can score points this year and maybe we can also score a lucky Podium"

Giovanna Amati "I wasn´t thinking about it a lot. I had the opportunities to drive for Fondmetal or for Brabham. And with regards, this decision is easy at all. I hope to score my first Points this year."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Benetton Presentation

Image Image

Owner : V12-Power
Chassis : Benetton B192
Engine : Ford HB 3.5 V8
19 - Michael Schumacher (Germany)
20 - Nelson Piquet (Brazil)

Michael Schumacher "So, this will be my first complete Formula 1 Season. And i am really looking forward to it. The Podium should always be the goal. With just a little bit luck, we can even win some races."

Nelson Piquet "Michael is very young. We are on a good way, but there is still a long way to go. I thought a long time about retiring, but i think i am still fast enough to win."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Dallara Presentation

Image Image

Owner : V12-Power
Chassis : Dallara BMS192
Engine : Judd 3.5 V10

21 - J.J. Lehto (Finland)
22 - Martin Brundle (Great Britain)

J.J. Lehto "I am really happy to stay with the team for one more year. 1991 was a good year - but i think, even more could be possible"

Martin Brundle "I was talking to many teams, but for me Dallara was the stronges alternative. I think i can constantly score points with this car"
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

and now, we have to wait for rremedio´s jordan - all the others have sent their stuff :!:

but i hope to start the season tomorrow... if jordan isn´t there, they can step in later :)
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Fondmetal:
This year could be a tough season for the team, due the budget is pretty short that year. Amati took Brabham and the team understands that decission and wishes her the best for the upcoming season. Fondmetal will compete once more with one car and is currently searching for a good driver.
The main goal is to qualify and finish as many races as possible.

Coloni -> Andrea Moda:
Due the bad resullts last year the sponsorship-money was very short and so the team accepted the Buy-In by Andrea Moda.
The driver`s lineup will be announced later, the goal is to make it on the grid as often as possible.

-------

Lamborghini should stay and get their budget like the other teams, if they are not bankrupt (which I doubt ;) ) they should be in again. They did well last year and deserve this chance :D
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Jordan Presentation

Image Image

Owner : rremedio (Team is currently managed by Eddie Jordan)
Chassis : Jordan 192
Engine : Yamaha 3.5 V12
32 - Stefano Modena (Italy)
33 - Mauricio Gugelmin (Brazil)

Stefano Modena "After i was sacked without any reason from Tyrrell last year, i really hope to have a better 1992 Season with the Jordan-Team. I am sure the car is good enough to score some more Points"

Mauricio Gugelmin "My 1991 Season was even disappointing. The whole year the Leyton House wasn´t good enough to score points. Now i am in a much better car and things will hopefully change."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Minardi Presentation

Image Image

Owner : Klon
Chassis : Minardi M192
Engine : Mugen Honda 3.5 V10
23 - Pierluigi Martini (Italy)
24 - Nicola Larini (Italy)

Pierluigi Martini "We already had a good car last year. But to be honest, i think the Ford Cosworth Engine was far away from anything. With Mugen we have a great partner now and we will be much more competitive"

Nicola Larini "I am really happy to join Minardi. I scored a point for Lambo last year, and i thought a while to stay with them. But as Kay Lohn gave me that call and asked me to drive for Minardi, i was really happy."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Lamborghini Presentation

Chassis : Lamborghini 292
Engine : Lamborghini 3.5 V12
31 - Ivan Capelli (Italy)

Ivan Capelli "I am really happyy to get this Lambo-Deal. I was talking also with one of the top-teams - but to be at Lambo is even great. The team has thought a long time of having a team-mate for me. But finally they decided to bring only one car. Maybe that wll change in ´93 - The team has scored a point in their first F1 Season and i think, we can at least double that up, maybe even more!"
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Ligier Presentation

Image Image

Owner : AAS
Chassis : Ligier JS37
Engine : Renault 3.5 V10
25 - Olivier Grouillard (France)
26 - Michele Alboreto (Italy)

Olivier Grouillard "Great to have another year with Ligier! We were really, really unlucky in 1991 to score no points. We definetly were fast enough but unlucky. That Ligier wanted me for another year shows, that i did a good job. And i will do a good one also in the upcoming season! Great to have the Renault-Engines"

Michele Alboreto "With all my Formula 1-Experience i can tell you, that this car definetly is a good one. I think, we will be able to score many points, maybe also some podium. I am happy to have the JS37 instead of the Crappy Footwork."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 March Presentation

Image Image

Chassis : March CG921
Engine : Ilmor 3.5 V10
16 - Karl Wendlinger (Austria)
17 - Paul Belmondo (France)

Karl Wendlinger "I am happy that March decided to sign me in for a whole Season. We have no easy job this year but i think some points should be the goal."

Paul Belmondo "Jordan decided to switch me - i am not happy about that. But to drive for March is even very nice."
F1-Master
GP2 Gamer

Post by F1-Master »

1992 Arrows Presentation

Image Image

Owner : Klon
Chassis : Arrows A13
Engine : Ford Cosworth DFR 3.5 V8
9 - Eric Bernard (France)
10 - Allan McNish (Great Britain)

Eric Bernard "I like the decision Kay Lohn has made. And it´s great that he believes in me. I hope we can make it often through the new Qualification-Mode with this car. The car is good, but i hope the Engine isn´t out-of-date."

Allan McNish "It´s really great to have made this final step into Formula 1. I really look forward to it and my expectations on me are very high."