Some tracks not working

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Joethe147
GP2 Newbie

Some tracks not working

Post by Joethe147 »

When I go to do a session on some newly-installed tracks, such as Interlagos 99 and Long Beach 03, it just stays at the loading screen. Other new tracks like Singapore and Valencia work fine. I hope to god it's not a slot problem, but I don't think it is because I tried it in some other slots and no good still. Damn you annoying thing.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Some tracks not working

Post by TdK »

Joethe147 wrote:When I go to do a session on some newly-installed tracks, such as Interlagos 99 and Long Beach 03, it just stays at the loading screen. Other new tracks like Singapore and Valencia work fine. I hope to god it's not a slot problem, but I don't think it is because I tried it in some other slots and no good still. Damn you annoying thing.
I know exactly what you mean. But sadly i can't remember the thing that causes this problem. I do think it is a track file related problem, and not a slot problem. Could be that the track files are bad/corrupt, but hard to tell... damn, i'm trying hard to remember what causes this bug, i had it sometimes on my PC too, let me think.... ](*,) :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I've encountered this, too, a few times, but I was unable to find out the cause, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help in this case. :|
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AD wrote:I've encountered this, too, a few times, but I was unable to find out the cause, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help in this case. :|
I just can't come up with the problem. I should advise to try those tracks on a new fresh install of Gp2. Maybe the installed Gp2 is to much "messed up" and can't deal those particular tracks.... :?
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Thomas Kost (TK), a track maker, send me a mail. Did you already install the Gp2limit patch? This is needed for some larger tracks, and they won't load if the game is not patched to a larger track file limit.

You can download the patch from the attachment to this post.
Attachments
GP2LIMIT.zip
(29.1 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Post by ecodrive »

Maybe this will help:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1038&hilit=corrupt

Quote:
"you can fix the circuit file with the "GP2 CC Car Pitstop Sanity" tool. (Available on grandprix2.de, "Old GP2 Editors, Patches, Utilities")
Simply choose the pitstop strategy for the computer controlled cars and confirm the number of laps for the "corrupt" slot."