Please Help!

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Please Help!

Post by MaxD »

Guys,I installed the WTCC 2008 carset(WOW, by the way, but now I have a problem.

I want to re-install the 2009 carshape but when I load in the carshape editor,there's no helmet shown, so when I then go into the game, the cars are there but the drivers have been beheaded!!!!!!!

can anyone advise???
Cheers

Max
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: Please Help!

Post by MaxX »

Just load one of the helmets from my attachment and reexport it to the exe.

Personally I have more complete Gp2-versions installed just to get rid of the switching/permapatching and to be able to ride complete seasons (tracks, menubackground, etc.) with one mouseclick. It consumes a little bit HD-space, but it`s worth IMO. Some time ago I was thinking of a tool to make some copy and patching things automatically but I just didn`t have time or the zest ;)

btw, if you want to contribute to our 2009er fanset, you`re welcome ;)

@Andreas:
It would be great to have some helmet shapes (I`m sure you have more than me) in the carshape section available. If they already exist and I didn`t find them I`ve never written that line ;)
Attachments
helmets.zip
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

MäxX, I tried that but for some reason no matter where I install all the different "versions" of GP2 and the associated programs (GP2Edit etc), none of the editors can find the relevant install of GP2. How do you solve this?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Greyhead wrote:MäxX, I tried that but for some reason no matter where I install all the different "versions" of GP2 and the associated programs (GP2Edit etc), none of the editors can find the relevant install of GP2. How do you solve this?
I installed the game 1 time and simply copied the entire GP2-folder to another folder.

This is my folder structure:
c:\games\GP2 - inital and untouched installation
c:\games\GP2\seasons\xxx - all patched seasons
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

You just need one GP2Edit installed. Then everytime you will install a carset you must set the correct path in the program Options.

You won't have to do it many times, as each GP2 folder will be used by a carset, in most ocasions.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

rremedio wrote:You just need one GP2Edit installed. Then everytime you will install a carset you must set the correct path in the program Options.
and the same with the carshape editor, "Edit GP2 Location"
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Guys thanks for helping me out.

Any particular reason why there is no version of Spa with the new chicane?
I am running the 1999 one instead...

just curious...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

MaxD wrote:Guys thanks for helping me out.

Any particular reason why there is no version of Spa with the new chicane?
I am running the 1999 one instead...

just curious...
Becouse there are few active trackmakers, so they tend to make the tracks that they think are the more interesting. But I'm sure it will still come up someday. I would do it myself becouse I love Spa, but I have no free time to finish my projects and I have about 20 unfinished tracks on my hd, so I'm not taking any new projects.

Regards
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

no worries guys.

just curious that's all.

i really wish I knew how to make tracks because it's something i'd love to do but having to look after 3 kids and work at the same time means I wouldn't get any time to do it.
:o(
Murray Walker