My fictional carset

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

My fictional carset

Post by rremedio »

Well, it's almost done. I've done 3 100% races already...I'll send it to Andreas next week.

Designing cars is not easy, but creating team names is very hard...lol...I hope you don't find they all too silly (but they are, anyway).

Nightwolf - Renault

Zenith - Hyundai

S. Sports Ferrari

Scicilia - Maserati

Caccere - Holden

Coventry - Climax

FX - Ford

Comet - Peugeot

Tailgunner - Cosworth

Koskinen - Mercedes

Blacksmith - BMW

Barrichello - Ford

Atlantis - Mitsubishi

TDK and DJS will reconize various parts of their cars... )

Calendar (only 10 races)
1. Curitiba
2. Toronto
3. Syracusa
4. I don't know yet
5. Valencia
6. Salzburgring
7. Zandvoort
8. Zolder
9. Donington
10. Fuji

It's not very original, but I'm having great fun until now.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: My fictional carset

Post by MaxX »

Looks nice so far =D>
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I love the Coventry Climax! That's the team I want to drive for! Very British!

For Round 4, why not have another street circuit like Edmonton or Singapore?
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

rremedio wrote:Designing cars is not easy, but creating team names is very hard...
I know what you mean! But you've actually done a great job. The team names are quite reminescent of late 80s - early 90s F3000 if that's a compliment to you.

I'm creating a similar carset to yourself which I'm hoping will be ready soon, but on top of my BTCC 98, STCC 99 and NASCAR 99 carsets it's tough to fit it all in!!!
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thank you guys!
jakesanson wrote:I love the Coventry Climax! That's the team I want to drive for! Very British!

For Round 4, why not have another street circuit like Edmonton or Singapore?
Yes, Coventry is inspired by old british teams, the name came from GPL, where it replaces Cooper. About race 4, that's becouse race 2 was in Toronto and race 5 will be in Valencia. I'm thinking about Rijeka.
Early 90s F1 forever!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Rijeka is a very good circuit. Most is also worth considering, or the brand-new Pergusa of course.....

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Nice to see Coventry Climax in a racing context again, even if it is only fictional!

The real-life company were taken over by Jaguar in the 1960's and ended up making fork-lift trucks. As far as I know they don't actually exist any more.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I just never have time to give anything to what me and AD were doing. GPRL.

One day that will be finished, but right now fucking hell, amazing. love what you've done here!!!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thank you guys for the nice words! I've sent the carset to Andreas. After it's abailable I'll post some race reports here.

Race 4 will be Dijon!!

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I still have some tracks (Dijon, Curitiba, Erding, ....) that I wanted to use for a playable fictional series. Initially I wanted to wait for the GP2Fans 2008 carset, but I think I`ll use your carset instead, seems pretty well done :)

Just made a race in Salzburgring with the GP2Fans 2007 carset, this track is just awesome. It`s one of my favorites in GP2
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I agree with you. Salzburgring is fantastic! I'm working on a new version of Curitiba. It's almost done, but it has too many bugs regarding view distances. I don't know when it will be ready.

Did you stop working on your carset? You've already updated the Minarae and the March, why not update the other cars as well?

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Wow! Andreas did put a picture of each car in the downloads page. Thank you Andreas!
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I did finish the 3rd (and final) season some time ago and sent it to Andreas with the updates and maybe there will be future updates, but I don`t know weather there will be another set or not ;) I think I`ll go for seperate releases, now I`m going to have fun with your set and maybe mix it with some of my cars..who knows ;)

Really great work, thank you for it

EDIT:
Heinz-Harold is named Heinz-Harald :wink:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Thank you MäxX!!

Some quick reports...

Code: Select all

Round 1 - Curitiba, Brazil

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿       
       ³                       Race Starting Grid                       ³       
       ³                       ------------------                       ³       
       ³                        Brazil - Curitiba                       ³       
       ³                            (82 Laps)                           ³       
       ³                                                                ³       
       ³                                            1              Pole ³       
       ³                                       Tony Kanaan              ³       
       ³                    2                  55.488s                  ³       
       ³              Andreas Zuber                                     ³       
       ³               55.599s                      3             Row 2 ³       
       ³                                     Romain Grosjean            ³       
       ³                    4                  55.610s                  ³       
       ³               Takuma Sato                                      ³       
       ³               55.640s                      5             Row 3 ³       
       ³                                     Robert Shepherd            ³       
       ³                    6                  55.644s                  ³       
       ³           Juan-Pablo Montoya                                   ³       
       ³               55.677s                      7             Row 4 ³       
       ³                                     Bia Figueiredo             ³       
       ³                    8                  55.683s                  ³       
       ³             Craig Richards                                     ³       
       ³               55.765s                      9             Row 5 ³       
       ³                                    Pedro de la Rosa            ³       
       ³                   10                  55.881s                  ³       
       ³            Helio Castroneves                                   ³       
       ³               55.920s                     11             Row 6 ³       
       ³                                     David Coulthard            ³       
       ³                   12                  55.967s                  ³       
       ³                Alex Wurz                                       ³       
       ³               56.001s                     13             Row 7 ³       
       ³                                     Jos Verstappen             ³       
       ³                   14                  56.004s                  ³       
       ³             Giorgio Pantano                                    ³       
       ³               56.044s                     15             Row 8 ³       
       ³                                       Paul Tracy               ³       
       ³                   16                  56.089s                  ³       
       ³              Ricardo Zonta                                     ³       
       ³               56.119s                     17             Row 9 ³       
       ³                                     Ralf Schumacher            ³       
       ³                   18                  56.120s                  ³       
       ³          Heinz-Harald Frentzen                                 ³       
       ³               56.154s                     19            Row 10 ³       
       ³                                      Olivier Panis             ³       
       ³                   20                  56.175s                  ³       
       ³             Tiago Monteiro                                     ³       
       ³               56.203s                     21            Row 11 ³       
       ³                                     Franck Montagny            ³       
       ³                   22                  56.204s                  ³       
       ³           Cristiano Da Matta                                   ³       
       ³               56.209s                     23            Row 12 ³       
       ³                                    Anthony Davidson            ³       
       ³                   24                  56.212s                  ³       
       ³             Christian Klien                                    ³       
       ³               56.244s                     25            Row 13 ³       
       ³                                      Lucca Badoer              ³       
       ³                   26                  56.401s                  ³       
       ³              Luciano Burti                                     ³       
       ³               56.406s                                          ³       
       ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ       

Team Nightwolf did show its potential with an 1-2 in qualifying. The other 4 top rows were dominated by Coventry, S. Sports, Caccere and Comet.

Kanaan and Sato were going for 1 stop and struggled in the begining of the race becouse of the high fuel load. I've jumped to 4th at the race start, in lap 5 I was 3rd, leaded by Grosjean and Zuber, after overtaking Kannan.

I was always at the same pace than the two leaders and after the first pit I was still close to them two (but I was now 5th cause Kanaan and Sato did not pit).

Grosjean did have a water leak in lap 35. I was always 2 or 3 seconds behind Zuber, and 4 or 5 seconds ahead of Bia Figueiredo. 

Sato and Kannan pitted at laps 40 and 42 respectively, then I was 2nd. I did some mistakes, so I was 5 seconds behind Zuber and 3 seconds ahead of Bia before the second pit.

The pit wasn't good for me, as I've had problems with backmarkers in the laps before and after it and I was 3rd, 1 second behind Bia after the pit. But I was faster then her and get her past 6 laps later. 

At the moment I was already 12 seconds behind Zuber. For the rest of the race I just needed to control my gap from Bia and take my 2nd place in the classification.

The race was very fun and I could fight for the victory if I haven't made so much mistakes in the middle of the race.

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿              
              ³                   Race Results                   ³              
              ³                   ------------                   ³              
              ³                 Brazil - Curitiba                ³              
              ³                     (82 Laps)                    ³              
              ³                                                  ³              
              ³ Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed     ³              
              ³  1st  Andreas Zuber               1h 18m 14.545s ³              
              ³       Nightwolf - Renault                        ³              
              ³  2nd  Robert Shepherd             +14.631s       ³              
              ³       Caccere - Holden                           ³              
              ³  3rd  Bia Figueiredo              +15.468s       ³              
              ³       S-Sports - Ferrari                         ³              
              ³  4th  Craig Richards              +17.794s       ³              
              ³  5th  Takuma Sato                 +22.243s       ³              
              ³       Coventry - Climax                          ³              
              ³  6th  Pedro de la Rosa            +22.876s       ³              
              ³       Comet - Peugeot                            ³              
              ³  7th  Helio Castroneves           +32.419s       ³              
              ³  8th  Alex Wurz                   +38.949s       ³              
              ³       Atlantis - Mitsubishi                      ³              
              ³  9th  Giorgio Pantano             +44.392s       ³              
              ³       Scicilia - Maserati                        ³              
              ³ 10th  Juan-Pablo Montoya          +47.399s       ³              
              ³ 11th  Ricardo Zonta               +49.765s       ³              
              ³       Zenith - Hyundai                           ³              
              ³ 12th  Jos Verstappen              +50.655s       ³              
              ³ 13th  Franck Montagny             +56.381s       ³              
              ³       Koskinen - Mercedes                        ³              
              ³ 14th  Olivier Panis               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       FX - Ford                                  ³              
              ³ 15th  Christian Klien             -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 16th  Heinz-Harald Frentzen       -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       Blacksmith - BMW                           ³              
              ³ 17th  David Coulthard             -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 18th  Tiago Monteiro              -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 19th  Cristiano Da Matta          -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 20th  Luciano Burti               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³       Barrichello - Ford                         ³              
              ³ 21st  Lucca Badoer                -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 22nd  Ralf Schumacher             Transmission   ³              
              ³       Tailgunner - Cosworth                      ³              
              ³ 23rd  Tony Kanaan                 Brakes         ³              
              ³ 24th  Romain Grosjean             Water Leak     ³              
              ³ 25th  Anthony Davidson            Transmission   ³              
              ³ 26th  Paul Tracy                  Transmission   ³              
              ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ              

Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Code: Select all

Round 2 - Toronto, Canada

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿       
       ³                       Race Starting Grid                       ³       
       ³                       ------------------                       ³       
       ³                        Canada - Toronto                        ³       
       ³                            (90 Laps)                           ³       
       ³Pole                1                                           ³       
       ³               Tony Kanaan                                      ³       
       ³               50.732s                      2                   ³       
       ³                                       Takuma Sato              ³       
       ³Row 2               3                  50.740s                  ³       
       ³           Juan-Pablo Montoya                                   ³       
       ³               50.771s                      4                   ³       
       ³                                      Andreas Zuber             ³       
       ³Row 3               5                  50.812s                  ³       
       ³             Romain Grosjean                                    ³       
       ³               50.850s                      6                   ³       
       ³                                     Robert Shepherd            ³       
       ³Row 4               7                  50.924s                  ³       
       ³             Bia Figueiredo                                     ³       
       ³               50.972s                      8                   ³       
       ³                                      Ricardo Zonta             ³       
       ³Row 5               9                  50.999s                  ³       
       ³            Anthony Davidson                                    ³       
       ³               50.999s                     10                   ³       
       ³                                     Craig Richards             ³       
       ³Row 6              11                  51.031s                  ³       
       ³             David Coulthard                                    ³       
       ³               51.038s                     12                   ³       
       ³                                        Alex Wurz               ³       
       ³Row 7              13                  51.074s                  ³       
       ³          Heinz-Harald Frentzen                                 ³       
       ³               51.075s                     14                   ³       
       ³                                     Tiago Monteiro             ³       
       ³Row 8              15                  51.115s                  ³       
       ³             Jos Verstappen                                     ³       
       ³               51.121s                     16                   ³       
       ³                                    Helio Castroneves           ³       
       ³Row 9              17                  51.183s                  ³       
       ³             Christian Klien                                    ³       
       ³               51.191s                     18                   ³       
       ³                                    Pedro de la Rosa            ³       
       ³Row 10             19                  51.193s                  ³       
       ³              Olivier Panis                                     ³       
       ³               51.197s                     20                   ³       
       ³                                   Cristiano Da Matta           ³       
       ³Row 11             21                  51.197s                  ³       
       ³             Giorgio Pantano                                    ³       
       ³               51.200s                     22                   ³       
       ³                                     Ralf Schumacher            ³       
       ³Row 12             23                  51.228s                  ³       
       ³               Paul Tracy                                       ³       
       ³               51.262s                     24                   ³       
       ³                                     Franck Montagny            ³       
       ³Row 13             25                  51.263s                  ³       
       ³              Luciano Burti                                     ³       
       ³               51.269s                     26                   ³       
       ³                                      Lucca Badoer              ³       
       ³                                       51.383s                  ³       
       ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ       

Another pole for Kanaan and this time I was 6th. 

I've got the 5th place after the race start, but I couldn't stand it becouse everybody was faster than me. Almost all cars, including mine, were one-stoppers, so the car was not easy to drive. Soon I was 8th, with my partner Craig behind me. There were few two-stoppers and them were ahead of me at that point.

They pitted before everybody and before my pit I was 5th. This time the pit was good to me and I've come back in 6th, but there was 3 2-stoppers behind me and they were too fast.

The car was really hard to drive, I think the problem was my setup. I could achieve very fast laps sometimes (at the end, the fastest lap of the race was mine), just to make mistakes soon. There was too many mistakes, but I was lucky as a lot of cars have had failures and there was nobody to push me on the last part of the race.

So, after a forced pit for Zuber, I've managed to finish the race in 4th. A very good result for a race so tough. This one wasn't very fun, but I'm happy I could finish it without hurting my car on the walls.

Kanaan was the winner, but Zuber was the championship leader. I was 2nd, two points behind, together with Bia, and two points ahead of Kannan.

ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿              
              ³                   Race Results                   ³              
              ³                   ------------                   ³              
              ³                 Canada - Toronto                 ³              
              ³                     (90 Laps)                    ³              
              ³ Pos   Driver                      Time/Speed     ³              
              ³  1st  Tony Kanaan                 1h 20m 13.781s ³              
              ³  2nd  Juan-Pablo Montoya          +7.823s        ³              
              ³  3rd  Bia Figueiredo              +22.812s       ³              
              ³  4th  Robert Shepherd             +35.448s       ³              
              ³  5th  Andreas Zuber               +42.366s       ³              
              ³  6th  David Coulthard             +51.232s       ³              
              ³  7th  Heinz-Harald Frentzen       -1 Lap         ³              
              ³  8th  Jos Verstappen              -1 Lap         ³              
              ³  9th  Cristiano Da Matta          -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 10th  Craig Richards              -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 11th  Anthony Davidson            -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 12th  Christian Klien             -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 13th  Olivier Panis               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 14th  Luciano Burti               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 15th  Alex Wurz                   -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 16th  Ricardo Zonta               -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 17th  Paul Tracy                  -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 18th  Tiago Monteiro              -1 Lap         ³              
              ³ 19th  Pedro de la Rosa            -10 Laps       ³              
              ³ 20th  Ralf Schumacher             Engine         ³              
              ³ 21st  Franck Montagny             Didn't Finish  ³              
              ³ 22nd  Romain Grosjean             Suspension     ³              
              ³ 23rd  Giorgio Pantano             Engine         ³              
              ³ 24th  Takuma Sato                 Engine         ³              
              ³ 25th  Helio Castroneves           Suspension     ³              
              ³ 26th  Lucca Badoer                Didn't Finish  ³              
              ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ
Early 90s F1 forever!