Is there any way to edit the chances a driver to crash??

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Is there any way to edit the chances a driver to crash??

Post by Aerond »

I haven´t seen anything like that never on gp2, but maybe I missed something due to my limited knowledge of English... but is there any value you can edit on Gp2 Edit or any way to edit the chances a driver has to be involved in an accident or, at least, let´s say "human errors"... I mean, for example, the large number of accidents Eddie Irvine had... is there any way to recreate this in game?? It would somehow be nice to add that, appart from Car reliability, which is the only way I know to customize how much times will a car finish races in a season.
Aerond
GP2 Starter

Re: Is there any way to edit the chances a driver to crash??

Post by Aerond »

I have another idea... how about editing the damage settings un GP2 Edit??? Maybe that´s an option too... I´m quite happy with the treatment on wings by default, but wheels should get damage more often... What would be a good value for making it a little bit more realistic??
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Post by ecodrive »

It's quite funny to see the top rear wing flying away when you crash from behind into an other car. :D

But it isn't realistic. I watched some F1 crashes from the last years on YouTube and decided to update my damage settings. If a modern F1 car crashes into the backside of an other car, the WHOLE rear wing (GP2edit = "entire rear wing") will be crushed.

This is why I use the values you can find in the attachement (including other values for the tyres).
Attachments
Crash.zip
(184 Bytes) Downloaded 465 times
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The propensity of a driver to make mistakes would definitely be a good thing to be able to edit but I don't think GP2 has that sort of capacity. Interesting idea though.

One thing I've often wondered about is having two cars in one team with different liveries. In many series (IndyCars for example) teams very rarely run two cars with the same sponsors. Look at Andretti-Green Racing - they run four cars each with different sponsors and colour schemes. What I've wondered for a long time is if it would be possible to do this for GP2.
Say you had a double-sized bitmap for each team, with the bitmap for the first car in the normal place (i.e. at the top), then the bitmap for the second car positioned below. Then perhaps with some clever coding, fool the game into taking the textures for the second car from the lower part of the double-sized bitmap. Maybe this could be done using an extension of the car number position, or the way that (I think) rremedio has done with his 1976 carset where he's re-mapped parts of the bitmap onto different parts of the car shape.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

That would be very impressive if you could do it.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Greyhead wrote:The propensity of a driver to make mistakes would definitely be a good thing to be able to edit but I don't think GP2 has that sort of capacity. Interesting idea though.
That's random. The only think you can edit is the slot relative chance for a mistake to happen. But that chance will still be the same for each driver.
Greyhead wrote: One thing I've often wondered about is having two cars in one team with different liveries. In many series (IndyCars for example) teams very rarely run two cars with the same sponsors. Look at Andretti-Green Racing - they run four cars each with different sponsors and colour schemes. What I've wondered for a long time is if it would be possible to do this for GP2.
Say you had a double-sized bitmap for each team, with the bitmap for the first car in the normal place (i.e. at the top), then the bitmap for the second car positioned below. Then perhaps with some clever coding, fool the game into taking the textures for the second car from the lower part of the double-sized bitmap. Maybe this could be done using an extension of the car number position, or the way that (I think) rremedio has done with his 1976 carset where he's re-mapped parts of the bitmap onto different parts of the car shape.
That's not possible yet. Maybe someday we find the texture mapping data for the bitmap. Then we'll be able to do marvelous things. What I've done was to switch the mapping in the carshape, but it has limited use.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!