GP2 under Win98 - No Sound

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
Catharsis
GP2 Newbie

GP2 under Win98 - No Sound

Post by Catharsis »

Hi all,

First of all, let me say that I'm delighted to have found a resource for GP2. It's still my favorite version in Geoff Crammond's GP simulation series.

To my problem:

The good news - I'm fortunate to still have a Windows 98 (SE) platform to run my games/sims on. They usually run quite well, as the OS just doesn't have all those "nasty" little programs running in the background as the newer operating systems do.

The bad news - After installing GP2, I have no sound. It seems GP2 has an option for the Sound Blaster card, but that would be the old SB 16. And I have a SB Audigy, which doesn't seem to be included as an option anywhere.

So, does anyone know a solution to my problem? Are there any drivers and/or patches that will allow GP2 to recognise my soundcard?

Thanks!

- Catharsis
AAS
GP2 Star

Re: GP2 under Win98 - No Sound

Post by AAS »

It should work with Soundblaster or SBPro or SB16/AWE32 !
Did you try the Auto Detect?
Catharsis
GP2 Newbie

Post by Catharsis »

Hi AAS,

Thanks for your reply.

No, auto detect did not work.

But I did - more or less - solve my sound problem. What I did, was I installed the DOS drivers from my old SoundBlaster CD-ROM. That did the trick, the game then recognised the card at installation.

I said more or less, as the sound cuts out and distorts at times, but at least I have some sound.

The next problem:

GP2 doesn't seem to recognise the Windows Nvidia graphics drivers either. The game runs only in VGA mode, no SVGA.

So - does anyone know where I can get some Nvidia DOS drivers?

That may finally solve my problem and allow me GP2-bliss. :wink:

Thanks!

- Catharsis
Catharsis
GP2 Newbie

Post by Catharsis »

Well, I'm all set. \:D/
GP2 is installed and running...and I even found my old CD that I burned with all my old setups, carsets - Tobacco and Non Tobacco - tracks, graphics, etc. Unfortunately the old CD-ROM isn't completely readable, but I think I was able to salvage most of what I need.

Happy racing to all!

- Catharsis