threading errors with vdmsound

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

threading errors with vdmsound

Post by canon1753 »

I have an eee pc with a 900mhz celeron-m processor, and an intel 910/915 graphics engine with 512 ram.

With VDMsound after an enjoyable session, I always get a stuck thread error and BSOD on exit. With Dosbox the game is too slow to play. (maybe more tweaking needed, but frameskip and cycles maxed out it does not play well, its too slow to play). Any thoughts?

(It may be partly hardware, but it could be something else since with the same hardware I could play gp2 on vga under dosbox under linux.

Thanks!

UPDATE1. I ran it under a plain old dos prompt, ran vdm (dosdrv) played and it allowed me to exit the game. when I typed exit I got the BSOD and reboot.

UPDATE2. I ran it from the C prompt, put in dosdrv for vdm exited from the game with no problems at all and turned off the computer from the DOS prompt. Don't know why it won't work on this particular brand and system architechture, but the closing from the DOS prompt shouldn't be an issue....

Thanks!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: threading errors with vdmsound

Post by jakesanson »

I have downloaded VDM Sound on to my PC at least three times, and it doesn't work on my PC! I have an HP Pavilion a900, so I thought it would be fine, but clearly not.

Any thoughts, folks?
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I can not really help. :?
vdmsound worked always well on my xp systems.

Now I have no vdmsound installed.

I play GP2 under a virtuell win98 on my vista system (Microsoft Virtual PC) and/or with dosbox via D-Fend Reloaded.
For both solutions you need a very fast PC.

Maybe you find help in the vdmsound forums - http://vogons.zetafleet.com/index.php?c=6
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I use VDMS and all was well until a few weeks ago. When you finish a non-championship race, you get the menu with "race results", "fastest laps" etc. When I click "continue" the game crashes with a general protection fault. Any ideas? I really can't be bothered to dig out the CD and re-install the game.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!