CC Line probs with Street tracks...

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

CC Line probs with Street tracks...

Post by MaxD »

Guys,

This is the second time I have experienced this problem in my 1991 Indycar championship.
What happens is this:
The CC cars and my car on the first lap of the pits, do not take the normal line. Instead, we all go around the outside of each corner and the cc cars seem to have their pitlane speed limits on too! Once they have crossed the start finish line though, they tend to pick up speed properly. This has happend in slot 3 (Long beach) and in slot 5 (detroit Belle Isle).
During the race at Long beach, when the cc cars were due to come in, they did a slow lap (wide of apexes, pitlane limit on) then, some of them continued like this for the rest of the race and kept spinning at the exit of the final tight hairpin!
I have never seen anything like this happen before in over 10 years of playing GP2.
Has anyone else?
DO you know what the problem might be?
Or how to fix it?
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: CC Line probs with Street tracks...

Post by TdK »

Sometimes i only experience the problems with cc-cars driving wide. Like they don't want to drive the cc-line... I don't know how this can be caused, because i've seen it in some original gp2 tracks too...

Maybe it has something to do with the cc-line commands 0x94 and 0x95 within the track file, but i'm not sure...
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Open the tracks in the Track Editor and try this: In the Track Tree (left panel), open Track Config -> Various Data Blocks

Our value is Unknown Various Data [8]. Try a small value, like 20.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

thanks for your response!
ok guys, i'll give those suggestions a go...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker