Indy 500 in slot 4...

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Indy 500 in slot 4...

Post by MaxD »

Guys,

I am gonna run a 1991 Indycar season in Ace mode (no TC) but have a problem with running the Indy 500 track in slot 4 (it was the 4th round of the 16 race season).
Now, I have inserted the Hernán Pablo Viglione & Paul J. Josephson version of indy (file name of Indy500) which I think I got from this site, but the problem with this one is the unrealistic speeds down the straightaways. The cars top 258mph and 240mph in the turns and in the race, their tends to be only 10 or 11 finishers because everyone else has crashed. They should be about 235mph on the straights and 220mph in the turns...

I have also downloaded the Indianapolis.zip file (not sure who it's by) and tried this in slot 4 too. But while the speeds on the straights tend to be more realistic, the cars are slowing down to 110-120mph in the turns!
I have tried to use the Magic Data editor but that seems to have had no effect.
Am I doing something wrong?
Can anyone help me?

Max
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Indy 500 in slot 4...

Post by AD »

I'm not familiar with the magic data editor for GP2, but if you want to alter the computer-controlled cars setups, you can also do that by opening the track's dat with trackeditor (Menu Edit > CC car setup). They are running with minimal wings (1/1) on the Indy500 track, raising that should lower their straight line speeds at least.

The other, perhaps simpler option would be to scale back all cars power a bit by decreasing the values in the carset with GP2Edit.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

The track by Hernan Viglione and Paul Josephson use unusual CC Car Setup settings.

Open the track in trackeditor and compare the settings (acceleration, track grip, air resistance) with the settings from a original track.
Maybe it works better with the included Performance File (SPEED.txt)

For my races on oval tracks i use settings based on original Hockenheim settings.
My laptimes and highspeeds are not realistic, but it works better with the cc's
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Thanks for the suggestion about the trqack editor...
Downloaded it, changed a few settings and tested them, now speeds are what I can live with at 210mph on straights, and 208mph in the turns. All cars seem to be a lot less nervous, should be a good Indy 500!!!!!!!!!!
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker