Magic Data Editor

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
ismael
GP2 Racer

Re: Magic Data Editor

Post by ismael »

Since we're at this, here goes another challenging question.

I installed the Belini Buenos Aires 97 wet track and somehow it worked, even if the software "complained" about 64-bit. The wet driving feeling is quite interesting.

I see the CC-grip values for this track are lower than usual (wet track, thus less grip). But how can I found out what human values did Belini applied to his track? Does he change the Grip Factor applying just for F1CT07.dat and not for any other track/slot? Or does he change the acceleration values? Or both? But is it possible to check and replicate this in other tracks?
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

ismael wrote:
02.05.2020, 16:40
Since we're at this, here goes another challenging question.

I installed the Belini Buenos Aires 97 wet track and somehow it worked, even if the software "complained" about 64-bit. The wet driving feeling is quite interesting.

I see the CC-grip values for this track are lower than usual (wet track, thus less grip). But how can I found out what human values did Belini applied to his track? Does he change the Grip Factor applying just for F1CT07.dat and not for any other track/slot? Or does he change the acceleration values? Or both? But is it possible to check and replicate this in other tracks?
There are many ways to do that and I don't know which way was used by belini (he used parts of the magic data in his installer, but not all of it).

What I do is to use the Human Grip, either in the Slot and Tyre Editor or in the track file by using the Weirdo Enabler command to reduce the grip for the player, then I use the magic data to adjust the ccs so they lose the same amount of performance as the human player.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Mazorca
GP2 Newbie

Post by Mazorca »

Hi guys. Thisis an old topic, but maybe it is the proper space for doubts about Magic Data.

Can someone explain me exactly how Qual Grip 2 and Race Grip 2 affects the CCs? I have always changed only Qual Grip 1 and Race Grip 1 and it worked fine, but I'm a bit intrigued about the #2.

Thanks.
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Mazorca wrote:
12.03.2024, 12:39
Hi guys. Thisis an old topic, but maybe it is the proper space for doubts about Magic Data.

Can someone explain me exactly how Qual Grip 2 and Race Grip 2 affects the CCs? I have always changed only Qual Grip 1 and Race Grip 1 and it worked fine, but I'm a bit intrigued about the #2.

Thanks.
I think they work exactly the same.