driving too slow

Here you can post questions about GP2, your favourite GP2 things and errorreports/problems!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: driving too slow

Post by TdK »

Well, even if you compare 1994 microprose random grip range from the drivers with nowadays random grip.

I'm making real and good performances for about 5 years now, and the maximum random grip i ever installed was about 1850. While the maximum random grip from Microprose was about 3750. That's more than the double, and still Microprose performing cars are good. :-k , it has some reason, but what?

If you install random grip ranges like that now, there's a chance that Trulli wins a race! :shock: :?
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Belatti
GP2 Starter

Post by Belatti »

Its true that sometimes a car with 770BHP has less top speed than a car with 755BHP even if the car with 770BHP has better grip. I understand that is because the grip range maybe biased +++ in the grip range scale.

I like to play with original 1994 carset and oftenly Williams 780BHP (and even Benetton 755BHP) run faster that Ferrari 790BHP.
Maybe Ferrari lower grip makes the car slow in corner exits and takes more time to reach top speed.
Phantasma
GP2 Newbie

Post by Phantasma »

I'm having problems too. I can't possibly match my opponents, even on rookie mode. Without auto-brake and throttle help, I can barely even finish a lap without spinning off. Without these helps, I am simply too slow to be a serious contender. What is the key to becoming good at this?

And is the difference between for example a 790 HP car and a 800 HP car big? I can't really judge.

Thanks in advance.
Wilian Souza
GP2 Newbie

Post by Wilian Souza »

The difference of only 10 Hp in power will you give only more 3,4 km/h and that´s it.

Try a bit more to improve your skills. To lower wheelspin, lower the stiffness of the rear wheels springs and lower the rear wing too, cause big rear wing values make you spin out when braking.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

+ The key to win is patience. You should try to practise on a less difficult circuit like Monza. Only race at this circuit at the moment
+ If you use the 1994 version, you can download a carsetup on Grandprix2.de. This setup also might work on newer versions of the track
+ Turn the wheel spin help on (F7)
+ The dotted best line also helps (F5)
+ Your times will improve lap by lap
+ After some time test your skills in a small race (25% race distance). Make your goal finishing without major problems.
+ After you reached that goal try to score points (much easier in "older" carsets due the gaps are much bigger) and maybe go for 50% race distance.
+ Score your first podium and victory and be happy :)
+ Repeat the process with the next difficulty level when your victories become unchallenging.
Phantasma
GP2 Newbie

Post by Phantasma »

Hmm thanks for the advice.

Monza is indeed a better place to learn, I used to drive at Interlagos all the time.

After about 30 mins of practising my best lap is 1:32:900, but it keeps improving.

I use the white line on the road, throttle-help and automatic gears. So no auto-brake anymore. =D> :wink:

Edit: Qualified with 1:31.079s

0,974s faster than the number 2. I can finally win. :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Way to go =D>